[Release] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Found a documentation error in SHM Delay global settings.

Modes or Routines switch determines how STHM/SHM Alarm Status is set. Default: On/True: Sets Location Mode, triggering Automation Rules in New or SHM Delay Modefix in Classic. Off/False: Use Routines (deprecated in Classic and not in New) triggering SHM Delay Modfix in Classic"

Should read as
Modes or Routines switch determines how STHM/SHM Alarm Status is set. Default: Off/False: Use Routines (deprecated in Classic and not available in New) triggering SHM Delay Modfix in Classic; "On/True: Sets Location Mode, triggering Automation Rules in New app with STHM, or SHM Delay Modefix in Classic.

When using STHM with the new phone app, this must be On/True

Will update this after getting status for adding SHM in Classic.

Popped in for a second.

When I had this problem with STHM and SHM Delay (and it was doing the exact same thing) I completely removed SHM Delay 2.0 and started over using the classic app to set everything up. That was how I got it to work. I wouldn’t remove my automations if you think they are correct.

If it was me. That’s what I would do. It’s a pain but being that your throwing errors, obviously something is amiss somewhere.

Thanks everyone. I have closed and reinstalled everything even konnected but still no luck.

Cant see SHM in the classic app so assume it has gone now?

Thanks everyone for trying. Real shame

Did you contact support regarding the “missing” SHM smartapp?
1-800-726-7864

[Release] Feb 10, 2020, 13:00EST

Corrections and Updates

• Improve and correct globalSettings documentation for modefix and ModesOrGlobals flags
    Install if you are using SHM Delay V2.4.1 or want to move to the new phone app and STHM, othewise this is an optional update

Installation module changes

• Update SHM Delay (v2.4.2) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / Version2
  • Save, Publish, For Me

Post Installation Setup

• None, documentation update only

Issues or Errors?

• Post questions on this thread.
1 Like

There is a change (bug?) in the new app STHM.

Unlike in the Classic app and SHM, if a siren is sounding and you disarm the system, the alarm WILL NOT stop sounding. In order to stop a siren after it’s started sounding you will either have to dismiss the intrusion within the app or, create the rule below. This rule doesn’t dismiss the intrusion but will stop the siren.

If you think that disarming the system should stop the siren, then log a bug report with smartthings support.

support@smartthings.com

2 Likes

Hi, is there a way to have a short pause between counting down the seconds to disarm the alarm? I tried “,” but it was just saying “comma” instead of a longer pause.

My apologies, however I don’t understand this question.

Should you need additional entry delay time, increase the entry delay seconds.

If you want to change the keypad’s entry or delay beep timing or tones, that is not possible (without access to the firmware).

1 Like

So I have a fire tablet on the wall and an echo dot nearby. What I’m trying to do is when the virtual button is pushed the echo dot will say “You have 30 seconds to exit. 30,29,28,27,26…” I’ve got this up and running but the problem is that the echo dot says “You have 30 seconds to exit. 30 comma 29 comma 28 comma 27 comma 26…” Is there a way to allow more time between each number instead of saying the actual word.

Try
30,. 29,. etc
or
30. 29. 28 etc

Also take a look at these links
https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/speech-synthesis-markup-language-ssml-reference.html

I just tried 30.29.28… and it started saying “30 dot 29 dot 28 dot…” I’ll try to mess around with it a little more and see if I can find something that works

you need a space after the period
30. 29. 28

That did the trick! You can use either “.” or “,” but you just need to add a space after it. Thanks!

1 Like

Updated the ST version of the Fully Kiosk Browser Controller documentation, documenting use of SSML with TTS messages

Also, please take a look at this Hubitat thread regarding use of embedded SSML with TTS text files.

Here is the response from ST in regards to the siren not being stopped when the system is disarmed. I did let them know that the behavior of SHM, and I believe STHM initially, was to stop the siren when the system is disarmed.

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience and efforts.

We looked into your query and I would like to inform you that the Smart Home Monitor will only stop the siren when the intrusion is Dismissed. Disarming cannot stop the siren because disarming the system does not dismiss the active intrusion. SHM will also continue sending intrusion notifications until the intrusion is dismissed, so it’s good to dismiss the intrusion instead of just disarming the system.

I see you want to have the siren stop when disarming the STHM instead of dismissing the intrusion. Unfortunately, there is no feature currently available within the SmartThings app.

I have considered it a feature request and I’ll be making sure to reach out to our development team with that feature request. I don’t know the timeline for the feature update, but the bit of good news I can give you is that the majority of these features are on our radar and we on the support team are looking out for every request to make sure this feedback is heard.

I hope this feature will be added at the earliest.

Hey everyone,

I know this is probably in here somewhere but I couldn’t find it (this threat is so dang long!)

All I am trying to do is setup a time of day that there is a delay and a time of day that the alarm goes off instantly. (basically I know that in the late evenings nobody should be in my office, so I want it to go off right away) but I am confused on how to get that set, looking at the options on here.

Thank for any help, Im sure this isn’t hard and I am just missing it. The rest of it I got all setup great!

Suggest using WebCore to change SHM mode or arm state at desired times.

Hello arnb,

I cant find a solution for my case here (excuse me if it mentioned but I cant find it).

At night when my SHM is in stay mode, and someone gets up i triggers accidentaly a specified 2-3 motion sensors I need delayed alarm and speaker message to remind the person to disarm the system?

I dont have contact sensors on my bedroom doors, and even if I had frequently they stay opened during the night, so I cant use simulated contact sensor and connected motion sensor in the usual case with delay profile.

Whats the configuration in that case?

One more question - is there a way to specify speaker profile in delay profile.

The idea is when specific delay profile is activated to activate only a specific speaker profile not all of them?

Thanks in advance

Normally, motion sensors trigger an immediate intrusion alert. SHM Delay profiles have an option to delay motion sensors for a few seconds when an entry delay is defined for the current mode, and a motion sensor reacts before a contact sensor opens.

The setting in SHM Delay Child is around line 436 input "themotiondelay". Adjust the upper number, save the program, then set the input setting in the app. Also adjust remove the motion sensors from SHM and define them in the SHM Delay profile. That should work as long as Stay mode has an entry delay despite the setting documentation saying Away mode only. However, it will not produce a warning message, and I have no plans to make messages speaker specific. You may always create your own messages for this condition using WebCore.

For the record: While I continue supporting this app, I no longer use SmartThings for any HA automations.

Hi

I am not able to find the"Activate Total Keypad Control" in global settings.

Am I doing somthing wrong.

everything is installed.

/Jan