[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Not sure what is meant by “sends the option on”. However, if you want a switch to monitor in another app or piston controlled by Buzzer Switch:

• create a simulated switch device
  • add sim switch to Buzzer Switch
  • then react to the On, then set if Off in whatever other code monitors it

Thank you, this is the way I’m trying. I’m clear point one and three. As for the two, could it be a little more concrete?

I do not exactly understand that it is sim switch to buzzer swicht passed to smartthings code.

Add the simulated switch as a device to the buzzer switch application and it will open it. Then you make use it anywhere you want.

Thank you for all your replies. Let me explain the reason why I am with this topic.

For some time, the beep in the delayed entry began to have a delay of between 6 and 10 seconds randomly, which did not make it useful for me. I could not tell you if it was in any update.

Then I thought it was a problem with my device that was making the beep that generated that delay, and I started trying to use an ad with alexa that activates a virtual switch.

After trying several solutions I have found the one that at the moment worked best for me, which has been to modify shm delay Chid in the lines:

1. input “thesiren”, “capability.switch”, required: false, multiple: true,

470 if (it.hasCommand (“on”) || (it.hasCommand (“siren”) && it.hasCommand (“off”)))

What worked and worked, but with surprise for me, with the same delay in executing between 6 and 10 seconds, in the three tests carried out.

Please understand my great thanks and respect for your great work, but could this be a problem with any of the latest updates, or is it a problem that only reproduces in my environment?

From, thank you very much.

The problem is expecting timing to be accurate on a system that is running in the cloud over the internet. I’ve given up wondering about when my siren is going to beep, usually it’s anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds delayed

A quick note Arn. With version 01.07.00 of the Enhanced ZigBee Keypad DTH, we’ve added the option to trigger the built in Siren/Alarm on the Iris v2 Keypad (3405-L), in addition to the v3 Keypad. This should work with SHM delay also and the siren is automatically triggered when the panic button is pressed on the keypad. More details along with a video clip is available on this post:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-enhanced-zigbee-keypad-lock-centralite-keypad-lowes-iris-keypad-uei-keypad-and-xfinity-keypad-device-handler/124776/136?u=maddie

1 Like

Hello Maddie
I have the Arcus keypad attributes, tried the various commands on an Iris V2, and to my ears the Panic and Beep sound the same. Does this agree with your experience or am I missing something?

For the record I have Mitch Pond’s keypad DTH happily working in Hubitat and will likely be adding the alarm capabilities to both the ST and HE versions. Another device making noise is always good thing on an intrusion.

Edit: After adjusting the Alarm command, it now sounds like the fast beep on the exit delay.

1 Like

Arn, the Siren and Beeping are two completely different features. The Beeping is a more like a faint chime where the Siren is more like a 65-85dB Alarm (depending on the model). We had some inputs from Centralite/IRIS to get this feature enabled. We’re also working on an enhancement for different Siren sounds but we don’t have an ETA on that feature as yet.

There are two videos links in the release post from @maddie above for the v2 and v3 keypads which show the Sirens in action. I’m including the here. It’s much much louder, sounds different and is continuous until it’s turned off unlike the beeping.

Thank you. I have the siren working with a modified Mitch Pond DTH, and yes it is different than the beep. It works on the Iris V2, does not work on the Centralite V2, not sure about the Centralite V3. The DTH does not support the Iris V3.

On my Iris V2 keypad, perhaps since I have volume turned up, the siren and beeps are equally loud, and is identical to the sound in the V2 video.

We’re able to hear a 20dB+ difference when using an audio meter to test it vs the beep and any custom beep patterns.

Should anyone using the Mitch Pond DTH with an Iris V2 keypad, want a version with the Alarm option. The Centralite V2 does not react to the siren command, not sure what the Centralite V3 will do.

With this change the Iris V2 device may be selected for use with SHM Alarms.

I hate to bother you, but I’m at my wit’s end. SHM Delay Version 2 just suddenly stopped working today. The keypad (Centralite 3400) wouldn’t respond properly. I’d push Away or Nighttime and the PIN, and it wouldn’t execute.

I tried the keypad reboot method of holding the tamper key while replacing a single battery, and that seemed to go as expected, and it may have fixed the problem. I’ll see.

As part of my attempt to fix things, I deleted the SHM Delay profile, and tried to re-create it, and now I can’t. It hangs up at the “Next” screen after entering the real contact monitor to follow and the virtual contact to trigger. Hitting next does nothing. It tries to advance, and doesn’t, so I can’t save the delay profile. I tried reinstalling (but not publishing) the child app to no avail. Attached is a screen shot of my IDE.

Any advice?

Thanks so much for your very useful app and your time,

Michael

Never mind! I tried it one last time before bed and it worked this time. No idea why!

1 Like

SHM App stopped working this afternoon. I deleted keypad, app, device handler and reinstalled everything. SmartThings sees the keypad as Lowes Iris Keypad. The motion sensor gives information to the system.

The smartapp and children are installed, with the smartapp SHM Delay published.

When I go into the Smartapp on the phone, I can’t add users. There is no option to make a user and create pin numbers.

Please help!

Yes unfortunately I’m aware of the issue, it’s an undocumented cloud system change.

Sorry you tore your system apart attempting to fix it.

Similar behavior for me. I’m using the Centralite/Xfinity 3400 keypad and as ArnB says, Pin Arming does nothing now. The 3 lights just cycle endlessly. If the alarm is triggered, Pin Disarm doesn’t work either. I also deleted everything and reinstalled with no resolution, which I guess is now known. I was able to add users and delay profiles to the app after starting afresh, but of course that did not restore keypad function. If system armed/disarmed via another route, the keypad lights change appropriately (i.e. ModeFix works). It is only keypad input that is broken I think. This kind of thing gives developers a headache. ArnB, I appreciate your great app and hope the fix doesn’t take too long to get the keypad working again.

[Mandatory Update] May 8, 2019 21:45 EDT

Your system MUST be updated

Symptom

• Unable to Arm or Disarm, or set Panic from keypad device

Cause

• An undocumented change to the SmartThings cloud platform caused the DTH’s createEvent statements for Pin and Panic processing to be ignored.

• A big thank you to @bamarayne for determining the cause of the issue, and sharing the solution.

Enhancements and Changes

1. Corrected the system failure.

2. The updated keypad DTH includes support the the Iris V2 Alarm feature

I urge everyone to stay up to date, please update your system,

Warning
Do not use this DTH with other apps not specifically modified to handle the updated data format.

How to Install
There are two (2) modules associated with this update, both mandatory.

1. SHM Delay (v2.2.9). Module should be Installed, Saved, and Published

2. Centralite Keypad DTH Module, change Github repo , install, Save, and Publish for me.

• Go to the IDE, click ‘My Device Handlers’, scroll to ‘Centralite Keypad’, click hamburger icon on left, scroll down, click Update
  • Change the GitHub Repository to SHMDelay (Version2) (The version in github miriad Centralite-Keypad master is outdated and will fail. Do not use it.)
  • Scroll down, click Update, click “My Device Handlers”
  • Click “Update from Repo”, select SHMDelay (Version 2), then select the Centralite Keypad to update.
  1. Install via the repository (preferred), from the following repo.
    Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
    Name: SHMDelay
    Branch: Version2

Post Installation
No settings changes are required

RBoy DTH Users
Use Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock Version 01.08.00 or higher with SHM Delay module V2.2.9

Unable to get new DTH or SHM Delay modules with ST github interface
The source is available for manual update at

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnbme/SHMDelay/Version2/devicetypes/arnbme/centralite-keypad.src/centralite-keypad.groovy

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnbme/SHMDelay/Version2/smartapps/arnbme/shm-delay.src/shm-delay.groovy

5 Likes

Thank you @arnb and @bamarayne! I appreciate all of your efforts!

1 Like

You are most welcome. Please take a look at the comments in the DTH and apply the createEvent and sendEvent changes to your custom UEI keypad DTH derived from M Pond’s DTH.

I just pulled the one you updated. I’ll make changes to the battery section to reflect the needs of the UEI keypad. The battery was the only change I made to the MP DTH to work with SHM Delay.