[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

As you are aware, the reason for the voluminous detail, is because there are so many “gotch yas” and things that can go wrong getting this app to work. It has a huge learning curve.

Yes it was! You coded it in such a way as it is applicable in many different use cases. With that amount of versatility, comes complexity.

As in keeping the door open long enough for the program to acknowledge it’s open and needs to be triggered? I just armed my system, and the door has been open for at least 3 minutes. I’m guessing that’s not right. :crazy_face: Just going crazy over here. Lol.

Initially I tried to do this all on my phone. I actually had the old version working as far as alarm going off when the door opened and even the chime from the keypad. I’m kicking myself now for not just leaving well enough alone. I realized it was much easier to do many of these steps from a desktop, and only use the app when needed. I’m just at a loss and feeling deflated right now.

Hang in.

As @oldcomputerwiz mentioned you may not be waiting for the system to fully arm.
Please try this:

1. Go to Dashboard on phone app, make sure any intrusion alerts are cleared.

2. Close all doors while staying indoors.

3. Arm system in AWAY mode from the phone app

4. open door and walk out (leave door unlocked) Should be no intrusion alarm.

5. Close the door

6. WAIT the exit delay time plus perhaps 5 or 10 seconds.

7. Open door and walk in, should be in Entry Delay, Disarm or should you want to test your intrusion settings don’t disarm, it should alerrt you after entry delay expires.

Note keypads should beep during entry delay, and when arming from a keypad on exit delay.

Ok. I understand what the two of you are saying. I tried your recommendation, and unfortunately opening the door again, after exiting and waiting, did not trigger the alarm.

I guess I should go through, delete everything, and try it all over again. I tell you what, once I get this to work, I’ll be a master at setting this up. Lol.

By the way. The link that got me started is this Need "Expert's" help: IRIS Keypad integration. If you click on your response it sends you to Version 1, however you did state that there is a Version 2 now available with a link following from there.

When I was setting this up before, I was installing the smartapps using code. This time I used github and repository. I literally started from scratch, removed and deleted everything, and started over. The only thing I wasn’t sure of is whether or not to publish my device handler “mitchpond : Centralite Keypad”. I chose to publish it this time. I’m using IRIS security keypad 3405-L. Iris I’ve followed step by step, and still having the same problem. :frowning: Why do I have to be SO stubborn and hard headed that I can’t let this get the best of me? I should be able to figure this out.

This may seem redundant but list everything you are doing from the time you arm the system (including how you are arming) to how you are testing. Be very specific.

It took me a week to figure out what part of the directions I was missing. The program is very detailed and having it being able to accommodate 3 different keypads and multiple DTH adds to the difficulty in setting it up.

I actually gave up and uninstalled it. The next morning I slowly re-read all of the docs, assuming I knew absolutely nothing and that’s when I discovered my error. Now that I figured it out, it works great.

List how you’re doing the testing and let’s go from there. Also, can you do screenshots from your phone? That may come in handy if you can.

If you go into the IDE
*click My Devices

• scroll to the keypad
  • click on the keypad’s name, Type should read “Centralite Keypad”
  • if not click edit, the change the device to “Centralite Keypad” It’s at the end of the device list. Save everything.

Then retry everything following @oldcomputerwiz’ advice.

BTW the device handler must be Published, then click tap For Me

I thought you were taking a break for a few days? Can’t stay away?

Keypad type is Centralite Keypad

I did publish the device handler and tapped for me.

I’m following these step by step instructions:

Test the simulated sensor

1. Tap Dashboard
  2. Tap Armed Away
  3. Tap My Home
  4. Scroll to the simulated contact sensor device. It should show “closed”, if not tap it once to close it. Tap to open it.
  5. Alarm should trigger . Clear alarm by tapping Disarm, clear intrusion in phone app, continue with Exit Delay test.

~At this point, everything seems to be working properly.~

Test Exit Delay

1. In the SHMDelay Profile set entry delay to 0, set exit delay to 30 seconds (save it)
  2. Close the door associated with the real contact sensor
  3. Tap Dashboard in phone app
  4. Tap Armed Away. Allow system to arm. ~I assume waiting until the armed away is highlighted in blue, and next to SHM it says everything OK with a green dot means system is armed.~
  5. Open the door ; Alarm should not trigger
  6. Close the door
  7. Wait “exit delay” seconds
  8. Open the door; Alarm should trigger Clear alarm by tapping Disarm, clear intrusion in phone app, continue with Entry Delay test.
    ~This is where everything seems to fall apart. I open the door, wait a minute, then close the door. No alarm, ok good, that simulates me leaving. Then I close the door and wait another minute since my delay is set for 30 seconds, then open the door, and no alarm.

I feel like the system is not reading the door sensors. I have a delay set up for all 4 of my doors, and none of them are setting off the alarm.

Screenshot_20190406-145140_SmartThings Screenshot_20190406-145132_SmartThings

Today’s “job” was 4 hours, 4 supermarkets, some driving, checking the status of Food Sample Tables and the company’s representatives, taking photos, sending texts, then writing a report. Very different than working on TV or Movie set, but I acted as my best version of a friendly corporate representative. I know, a friendly corporate representative is an oxymoron.

There’s always lots of downtime on a set. It’s not glamorous, but most of the time enjoy it. I get to meet people, in person. Even when I’m busy on a set, I can usually keep up with this to a degree, but it is sometimes difficult to respond from a cell phone, human sized keyboards are much easier for me.

I appreciate you chiming in and helping. Feel free to continue helping. To those of you looking for an answer about why your keypad exploded, died, wont chime, or looks like blinking Christmas lights, my apologies for this way off topic reply.

1 Like

Hello Erica
That is a lot of screen shots! Is there a question or issue?

I am using a V2 Iris Keypad, and recently moved from Iris, where everything was essentially “plug and play”, to ST, where I have had to do some serious leg work to get the same devices to work. The keypads have been the most challenging yet. I have tried several DTHs and smart apps, and have ended up installing those recommended on this feed, too the letter as advised by arnb, who in my opinion is very gifted in what he has achieved and ST will not offer. I however end up with the same problems. Choosing the arming options on SHM does not sync with the keypads, and vice versa. Selections on the keypad however are still being pushed as messages, and everything seems to work well other then being on the same page as SHM. Please advise.

1 Like

I’m sorry for taking so much of your time. I honestly thought I would figure this out. I appreciate the time you have taken with me, and getting to know a little about you through your non related reply. I need to take a break before my head explodes and get to chores. Mine include turning on the sprinklers since Spring seems to finally come, redo all of my drip line sprinklers that my dog chewed up over the winter, power rake, mow, and fertilize my lawn. I’ll give it another try this evening. Have a good day, and Thanks again.

I’m just desperate to figure out why when the alarm is set, I open and close the door to simulate leaving, wait the delay set time, and open my door that the alarm is not being triggered. I’m not even worried about the fact that the keypads are working or not at this point. I am concerned that the alarm is set, and when opening doors, the system is not registering they are being opened and the alarm is not going off.

I totally understand. Should you be unable to figure it out, send me a Private Message including a couple of good times for me to contact you, and a number where you may be reached.

The alarm will not trigger in Away(On) mode until the entry delay time expires, should be almost instant in Stay(partial). Try it in Stay should fire as soon as you open the door.