This smartapp creates a true SmartHome(SHM) Exit Delay by monitoring for the execution of a “do nothing” SHM Routine, then in a user specified number of seconds executing a second SHM routine that actually sets the Alarm. Normally this should be used when setting Away with SHM Routine “Goodbye”.
The initial routine may be executed by tapping on the routine name in SmartThings, or executed by a smartapp or WebCore piston.
This app is fully compatible with, and may be used with the SHM Delay smartapp
- User defined delay time
- User defined routine names
- Optional speech with user defined message output to Lannouncer/DLNA or Speakers (Dec 18, 2017)
Quick Setup Guide
- In the Phone App Automation->Routines: create a new dummy routine with no mode, no alarmstate, no actions, name it: Goodbye-Delay (or whatever you want)
- In IDE SmartApps: Install routine SHM Delay TrueExit from repo or code
- Set Routine to monitor for execution to: Goodbye-Delay (or your name)
- Set number of seconds to delay: 10-120
- Set “Then execute this routine” to: Goodbye! or whatever routine you use
- In whatever you are using to currently execute “Goodbye” change it to “Goodbye-Delay”
- Setup optional speech
- Test your system by tapping on the initiating routine name in Automations->Routines
There is one module associated with the app:
- SHM Delay TrueExit.
To install via the repository, add the following to the IDE Settings (or copy code below)
Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
- Click ‘Save’, then in ‘My Smart Apps’ click 'Update from repo",
- select the ARNBNE SmartThingsPublic repository then install and publish SHM Delay TrueExit
- in the Phone App tap on add a Smartapp, install SHM Delay TrueExit and set paramaters