[OBSOLETE] Shady - Group your shades & blinds and control as a single device

I’m not sure why it didn’t work. Can you post logs from the IDE when the error occurs?

Sure:

9:13:00 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'id' on null object @line 112 (doCall)
9:13:00 PM: info Shady -- v1.0.2 -- Shade: Office Shade 1.
9:13:00 PM: info Shady -- v1.0.2 -- Shades selected...
9:13:00 PM: debug Shady -- v1.0.2 -- shades = [Office Shade 1, Office Shade 2, Office Shade 3].
9:13:00 PM: debug Shady -- v1.0.2 -- Begin child initialization().
9:13:00 PM: debug Shady -- v1.0.2 -- Begin initialization().
9:13:00 PM: debug Shady -- v1.0.2 -- Begin installed.

Hmm… It is failing on this line:

myHubId = it.hub.id

I’m not sure how this DH is implemented.

How difficult would it be to update to ad multiple variable %'s? I need to use very specific % to get the layered shades to align properly.

Tell me more about what you want. Probably not hard.

Well currently it seems there is one custom option then, 20% 40% 60% 80%. I’d like to be able to push a button to set say, 22% 24% 66% 63% …

Do you want just one custom level per shade that you can hit one button on the shady group and each shade will go to it’s custom level?

Nope multiple, Maybe I’m not explaining well. Let me try this: With the layered shades you can have them layered for privacy or open to see out. To get the correct alignment it seems I need to use custom %.

66% - Shade is ~60% down with layered shade in a privacy state.
63% - Shade is ~60% down with layered shade in a open state

I’m still confused and I’ve never heard of layered shades.

hi @whoismoses, can you share your hardwire solution? I’m also looking at getting rid of the batteries!

I believe this is the one I bought. They have smaller ones. Just needs to be 12v, 1a per line. Connect this with usb cables. You can cut off the ends to wire into this or buy some adapters and cut them instead.

Adapters…

The Lutron integration is a cloud connect thinger, so the device isn’t directly associated with the hub. It’s like Ecobee in that if you look at the devices in the IDE, there isn’t a hub listed and there isn’t a device handler. I’m able to manipulate the devices with Webcore, if that helps. What can I get you that would help?

Setting the value of myHubId to null in the call to addChildDevice() fixes it, and the group creates and works successfully. The ST docs say this parameter is optional, but I’ve got not clue if it is necessary for other shade types.

@daftdoki - Thanks for that. I’m not sure if you are able / willing to test this, but if you manually update to this branch (do you know how to do that? It is different than just using the github integration.) this code should have a fix.

Thanks so much for this info! Hey, where do you mount this device? I’m planning on running the wires behind the trip. Are you able to assist further with a pict of your setup?

I followed the instructions but i can not find the smart app with the smartthings iOS app (marketplace—>smart apps —>my apps)

just installed it using the github repo, it’s called Shady

Yeah i did that but i do not see the app under “Marketplace” —> “My Apps”. Tried both via GitHub integration method and the manual method.

Edit: my bad. Figured out the problem.

@whoismoses Thanks for your Shady work! I just installed 2 sets of 3 Bali Autoview shades and the ability to treat them as just two virtual shades makes them so much easier to use. I downloaded your modification to the stock Spring Windows Fashions Shade DTH so that on/off work and now everything works as one would expect in the ST Classic App, WebCore, and ActionTiles.

1 Like