(Release) Samsung Multiroom Speaker Integration (Unofficial)

OK. Understand now.

SIRIUS: Presets do not support Sirius XM (sadly). Reason is that I had to reverse engineer the interface and was successful for those that I could get for free (Sirius costs). The return data from each content player was significantly different and I had to parse them out to separately create the presets. I also had to determine the logic in tuning to the “station” after creating the preset. Supported are Amazon Prime, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Pandora, 8-tracks. I was hoping this extended to SIRIUS. This next week I will see what I can do on Sirius without giving my credit card.

DLNA: Almost impossible to parse out. I never figured the algorithm out to get the required data to cause the preset to play consistently. Therefore, DLNA mode presets are not supported at all (and I do not see this in the near future). Again, really hard to reverse engineer the interface. I will clarify this in the instructions.

What’s causing the DLNA error in the log? I don’t even know where it came from.

I have the following services under my account

TuneIn
Deezer
8track
Spotify
7digital
Murfie
Tidal
Sirius XM

Also are you using the speakers for notification? I see that they are setup for cloud execution and there is at least a 5 second delay sometimes longer when the ADT Hub sensors are triggered.

This is crazy as they should be setup for local execution. I know its not your fault but SmartThings have to do a better job supporting their devices.

I can send the mp3 file directly from my computer and it plays instantly on the speaker. But when I setup the same mp3 file to be played after a sensor is triggeres there is a long delay.

I wish there was a way just to be able to send a command localy to the speaker without the cloud for notification.

If there is anyway I can help let me know. I might be able to get a free trial of the services.

Cloud Execution: This is controlled by SmartThings and they determine what is cloud executed. The delay should not be five seconds, at any rate, in normal circumstances. Sounds like the combination of ADT and SmartThings is delaying excessively.

DLNA Error: It is in the State reports. The speaker has multiple sub-modes while on wi-fi. I can handle presets for the CP (content player) mode only. It is encountering some other mode while you are trying to set a preset. Therefore the error.

I will look at the code again today and see if I am encountering unexpected errors.

just wondering if this should work with the soundbar HW-N950 from samsung?

keen to get tts on there if possible but i can’t discover it through this app?

thanks

Are you currently using the Samsung Multiroom App? If not, download it to your smart phone and see if it sees your speakers. (Indications are that it should work, but if not, then we will have to figure another solution to make your speaker work as a TTS device.

ONWARD:

I am using a upnp Search Target that your soundbar may not support.

Is the Service Manager installed in Smart Things? if so,

• go to the IDE, open “My Locations” and select your location.
  • Toward the bottom is a row “Installed SmartApps”. Select “List SmartApps”.
  • At bottom is a section “Other”. ?Select the Samsug WiFi Audio…"
  • Field Application State, Speakers. Copy and paste in this thread.

If the Service Manager is not installed,

• run the service manager, do not close nor save (leave open on phone.
  • Do the above steps after about 3 minutes.

I removed the mac address from below thats all. thanks for your help

Application State

Name Value
speakers {RINCON_949F3EC0B34F01400_MR::urn:sch={dni=949F3EC0B34F, hwType=Speaker, ip=192.168.1.245, mac=zzz, model=Sonos Beam, ssdpPath=/xml/device_description.xml, ssdpPort=1400}, f7ec63cb-0231-48a8-b711-ad8295985b35={dni=FC039FE4E9A6, hwType=Soundbar, ip=192.168.1.23, mac=xxx, model=HW-N950, ssdpPath=/dmr, ssdpPort=9197}}

The speakers data indicate that your device is discovered. When verifying it as a Multiroom Speaker, it does not respond (or other data would be included). An example for two of my devices (one Multiroom and one not Multiroom, is at the bottom. I took out the MAC and DNI (which is the MAC less the colons)/

Question:

• Have you tried the Samsung Multiroom App versus your speaker? Successfully?

Next Step:

Example of non-multiroom device speaker data

• c35a00c5-800b-49b6-9ba3-80d9f5cc2660={dni=XXXXXXX, hwType=Speaker, ip=192.168.0.129, mac=xxxxxxx, model=UN55JU6000, ssdpPath=/dmr, ssdpPort=9197}

Example of multiroom device speaker data Main difference is added data obtained from the multiroom interface (port 55001).

• ff5c16bc-2018-4999-b5e5-ad39546dae7e={dni=D8E0E1B5D2AF, hwType=Soundbar, installed=true, ip=192.168.0.109, mac=d8:e0:e1:b5:d2:af, model=HW-MS650, name=Soundbar, ssdpPath=/dmr, ssdpPort=9197, swType=SoundPlus, verified=true, volScale=60}}

will do your steps and report back thanks!

multi room audio app finds no speakers

No need to do the steps. Your speaker is very likely not supported (it is not a Multiroom speaker).

I have a test design of a TTS to Samsung Speaker UPNP driver that will do TTS only, no speaker control, etc. If you want, it will take a couple of days to port to SmartThings. One problem. It will set the soundbar to WiFi but the soundbar may (or may not) revert to the original input source.

Interested?

thanks very much.

surely i can use smartthings to change input back as i can control that in smartthings using the default integration so that’s a pretty good solution for tts

Just wanted to know if anyone is using this app outside of the US?

Hi Dave, Any luck with checking the code? I still get the DLNA error. It works with TuneIn but that is about it. Also did you have a chance to take a look at SiriusXM integration?

Never will get SiriusXM integration. It requires I pay for an account and I really have no desire to do so.

For some reason I missed your original message. Some notes:

What is your speaker type? Log items appreciated.

services: There are 20 + services, each with their own integration method and not always consistent. I have written a generic that may work with some. I do work with TuneIn

Speakers are LOCAL execution only, not could.

• I am tuning the delay in the next revision; however, there will always be some due to the speaker’s internal protocols.
  • The delays are also in the rule-machine delays.

I have 3 R1’s that I am currently using with Michael Struck’s Talking alarm clock. Will using this DH and App break that functionality?

I do not know, since I am not familiar with that device.

The talking alarm clock is an ST app. It isn’t a device. It uses speakers that are on the LAN. I was just asking if this app breaks the SONOS like connection to smartthings. (Was hoping to find out without experimenting and breaking my connections possibly. )

The driver has it’s own connection for audio that supports the specific functions of the Samsung WiFi speakers. It includes a full set of audio alerting functions including playText, playTrack, and speak. The playText and playTrack methods are those I usually see in the Sonos driver.

1 Like

So, it should still show up as an available speaker then with the same capabilities

It should if the app is written properly to look for capability audio notification.