[OBSOLETE] Russound Multi-Zone Controller Integration

So I stop using this app with Smarthings a while back, but still had it on my Pi, I tried to fire it up again with no luck, what has update since 2017 :slight_smile:

Has anyone done a fresh install of this lately? I updated my pi, but couldnā€™t get serial port to install. So did a fresh install of the OS, Node version 10.x was installed. When I ran ā€œnpm installā€ there were errors but it ran, same when I ran ā€œnpm run install:ā€ I was able to hit the website to show that nodeproxy was running but could not get the Smartthings app to install, been trying other versions of nod with no luck.

Sorry. No recent install. I have always struggled to get this to work each time I update/install it. So, once I get it workingā€¦hands off.

Thanks, Iā€™m going to keep trying.

Me too, hands off. Itā€™s working, I leave it. It was not a fun experience getting it working. Sorry

I recently did a fresh install and it was a pain, Ill post my modified files

In this is the smarthings-nodeproxy w/ serialport5.0.0, tweaked Smartapp and device handler (for issues installing on new app) and install instructions. Hope it works, if it does then maybe ill fork to github so it doesnt get lost

I running the Monoprice amp. if anyone can do the same I would appreciate it.

If you can post your:
Node version
Serial Port version
SmartThings app code
Device Handler
and config.json

Thanks

Nodejs version 10.23.0 ā€“ included in the pack
serialport 5.0.0 ā€“ included in the pack

could maybe take a look at the smartapp and devicehandler but havent used the monoprice amp

No but I hope it works! The new app is awful for trying to do anything with this.

Well, it was great while it lasted. Thanks @redloro (and all of the users here) for all of your dedicated work on this.

After ST killed this app, I made the jump from ST to Hubitat. I was hoping that I could use webcore locally to gain better control of my Russound. Alas, I have met with an uphill battle. If anyone knows of a way to send webcore UDP text commands to the Russound TCP/IP, I am interested.

This app still kinda works for me in ST. Iā€™m using virtual switches and web core to turn on/off and volume changes. The tricky part is switching inputs but I donā€™t really do that much with the amp.

For those interestedā€¦ I wanted to move my Russound setup off ST before groovy goes away. AND, I just wanted an easier solution than using a middleman (RPi proxy). I started experimenting with Hubitat and had multiple failuresā€¦Until today. Now, using webcore, Hubitat and a modified driver (no middleman), I can get full control of my Russound using RIO commands. Read HERE for details.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently researching how to replace the EOL SmartThings groovy integration to my Monoprice 6-Zone Amp.

To that end, I thought Iā€™d create and share a one-stop list of all the home automation integrations to this great-value amp so that I could narrow down which direction to go.

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/x7njvw/monoprice_6zone_amp_integrations_list/

1 Like

I am also looking for this integration. I will keep following this thread to see if you find a solution. Please post if you find out anything. I am searching daily.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working on an Edge driver for the Monoprice variant of this. Nearing completion so long as testing by @Its2loud goes well. The Russound plugin is very similar, so will likely be pretty straightforward to adapt. I just need someone willing to test who:

1. Already has the STNP Russound integration running properly
  2. Has the SmartThings CLI installed and knows how to run logcat
  3. Is able to view and send STNP logs
2 Likes

Hi @philh30, I would really like to test out your integration and provide any assistance that you need. Please advise.

Iā€™m wondering if one of you could look at something in your system and tell me what you see. Iā€™ve deleted my zone devices and can longer recreate them.

What Iā€™m looking for is what type of device Alexa shows a zone as. I think it was a light dimmer, but I canā€™t be sure. Iā€™m looking for the Description and Type listed for the device in the Alexa app when youā€™re looking at the device and drill down into Settings.

Alexa sees it as a Switch

Thanks! Not a dimmer? It does have a percentage slider, right?