SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Russound Multi-Zone Controller Integration

smartapp_av
russound
dth_av
(Ken) #613

I had put together a document but can’t find it right now. redloro instructions are straight forward and I think he has a Youtube video to get it installed.

0 Likes

(Todd M) #614

Ditto, I followed @redloro’s video EXACTLY, and that worked for me. I tried to take some shortcuts while following his video, and that inevitably led to headaches.

0 Likes

(Mike) #615

Thanks. I must have missed that video. Is it in this thread?

My concern is any changes that have occurred since 2016. Going through this thread it seems there have been some changes to the code.

0 Likes

(Todd M) #616

Has anyone figured out how to change the radio channel using ST or webcore? I have to manually set the channel in the Russound app. I do not have keypads.

0 Likes

(Garrett) #617

My biggest question is, if i’m only doing 2 Russound controllers, do I clear out all the other code in the config.json file? Its got stuff in there for the monoprice controller, alarm panels, etc. All I need is 2 Russound controllers in there in the proper format.

0 Likes

(Todd M) #618

Short answer. Yes, you can clear out all of the other stuff you don’t need.

0 Likes

(Garrett) #619

Is there anyone here that can share a sample of 2 Russound controllers? I just need a guide and I cn take it from there. The sample is for an older controller with 6 zones and 6 sources, I added a couple more zones to match my MCA-C5 controllers NP. I don’t understand why the first zone is “ZONE 0” though???

0 Likes

(Garrett) #620

Is this in the ballpark of what I need?

“rnet”: {
“c-series”: true,
“serialPort”: “/dev/usbser”,
“sources”: [
“source 1”,
“source 2”,
“source 3”,
“source 4”,
“source 5”,
“source 6”,
“source 7”,
“source 8”,
],
“controllerConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“controllers”: [{
“controller”: 1,
“zones”: [
{“zone”: 1, “name”: “ZONE1”},
{“zone”: 2, “name”: “ZONE2”},
{“zone”: 3, “name”: “ZONE3”},
{“zone”: 4, “name”: “ZONE4”},
{“zone”: 5, “name”: “ZONE5”},
{“zone”: 6, “name”: “ZONE6”},
{“zone”: 7, “name”: “ZONE7”},
{“zone”: 8, “name”: “ZONE8”},
]
“controller”: 1,
“zones”: [
{“zone”: 1, “name”: “ZONE1”},
{“zone”: 2, “name”: “ZONE2”},
{“zone”: 3, “name”: “ZONE3”},
{“zone”: 4, “name”: “ZONE4”},
{“zone”: 5, “name”: “ZONE5”},
{“zone”: 6, “name”: “ZONE6”},
{“zone”: 7, “name”: “ZONE7”},
{“zone”: 8, “name”: “ZONE8”},
]
}]
}
},

0 Likes

(Mike) #621

The current version of Node.js is 10.15.3. Are there issues with running this version for integration on a Pi zero W?

0 Likes