Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

I’m having trouble changing the Thermostat mode on my 2Gig CT100 Thermostat. I’m using this device handler.

https://github.com/constjs/SmartThings-Devices/blob/master/thermostat.device.groovy

My rules change the set points just fine but one of my rules I wish to set the thermostat to “off” and it doesn’t do it. If I press the “off” button from within the device it sets the thermostat to off but for some reason RM doesn’t do it.

I’ve glanced thru the code of RM and it appears it has the ability to do it but not sure why it doesn’t. I’ve done some live logging and it doesn’t do anything to the thermostat when the rule fires.

Disregard the “disable switch”… I was just using that to test the rule firing for logging purposes.

Here is what the logs say when the thermostat is set to be “off” when my rule fires.

Here is what the logs show when I change the action to set to heat mode and the temperature setpoint.

Any help would be appreciated.