Introducing Routines Backup
On request from users: This solution is designed to verify that SmartThings Routines ran their execution to completion. Routines can timeout, actions aren’t completed due to mesh issues or a variety of other issues.
This acts likes a backup for your Routines, it detects when a Routine is run, verifies that the configured actions were completed and if not, it also, provides an option to complete those actions.
You can verify the state of door, windows, switches, locks, valves, shades, garage doors, thermostats, hub modes, SHM states etc, notify you if they aren’t in the desired state and even update their state if required. You can even re-run the same routine or another routine as a backup action.
It also provides you with the option to delay verifying the routine execution giving the routine/mesh time to complete their actions and/or an exit delay if needed.
Key features of this solution:
- Create verification actions for each Routine separately
- Run routines
- Notify if devices are not in desired position
- Change state of devices
- Configurable delayed checking/running actions (e.g. exit delay)
- Custom notifications for each Routine
- Individual check and action for each Routine
- Check and control the following types of devices
- Valves (with level setting)
- Garage Doors
- Hub mode
- Classic SHM state
- Run a secondary routine
- Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
- Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
- Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
- Push notifications
- SMS multiple numbers
- Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available
See our website or release notes for the latest features
You can find step by step installation instructions here
Also check out the sister apps:
- Modes Change Actions - check/run actions when hub modes are changed
- SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - check/run actions and routines when SHM modes are changed
A big thank you to all our users for your feedback and suggestions. If you have any feature requests please feel free to send them in to us.
This SmartApp is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.
Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps
© RBoy Apps