[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

What does the “No Auto Engaged” setting under When room is busy mean?

this will not auto set the room to engaged with traffic.

So it will just be Occupied or Vacant? I am having trouble with a new Room that I am changing over from CoRE. It is my hall light and as of right now it turns on with motion but it doesn’t turn off at all. Here are the settings:

IMG_2140IMG_2141IMG_2142

Looks like the occupancy timeout is not set (occupied settings -> timeout configuration for OCCUPIED state)

1 Like

Ah, OK I will try that. Thanks!

Yes, that seemed to have worked. Now as for the Basement room…I have had a couple of times lately where the basement is Vacant but when I walk into it and the motion sensors detect motion it will go into an Engaged state but not turn on the lights. Any ideas?

is there a rule with engaged state to turn on the lights?

i looked at your earlier post that one does not show engaged state selected … it only has the occupied state selected for the rules.

So I need to add the Engaged state also to the rules? There is a lot to learning everything about this app!:smirk:

if you want the lights to turn on when the room is in engaged state … yes please select engaged state in the rule which turn on the lights.

But I thought that the lights stayed on if the room was in an Engaged state?

engaged state is meant for keeping lights/switches on. you just have to tell the app thru the rules which lights/switches to keep on which may be the same as lights/switches in the rule for occupied state or different from it.

Something weird happening today…my power went out last night (for no apparent reason) and now my Rooms aren’t showing Occupied when motion is detected. They stay Vacant. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Hmmm, my power did not go out but I’m experiencing the same issue this morning. Manually changing rooms taste is not invoking any WebCoRe pistons

Wonder what is up? I thought it was because the power went out. ST probably messing with things again. Still no response from my Rooms.

Guys, just installing this app. Thanks for all the hard work!

What I’m trying to do is set the GE 26931 switch so that between 10:30pm and 5:30am motion does not turn on the light. But motion does turn on the light all other time.

Is this possible with this app? If so, how the heck do you do it?

1 Like

you are welcome.

sure.

yes. when creating the rule specify 5:30am as the time from and 10:30pm as the time to and it will only execute that rule when that time condition is true and turn on any lights specified in the switches on for that rule.

see full doc here: https://github.com/adey/bangali/blob/master/README.md

ST was having problems getting events to smart apps off and in for most of the day. (webCoRE was having problems too.) The issues seem to be resolved for me now.

1 Like

UPDATE: updated to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.40.0
*   DONE:   6/1/2018
*   1) cleaned up the settings page for rooms manager.
*   2) updated rooms device settings to deal with ST change of json parser which broke settings.
*   3) for rooms device events added a little more descriptive text.
// TODO make time range display actual time range not just the time type.
*   4) overhauled the view all settings page which had fallen behind.
*   5) added link to help text on github in app.
*   6) added setting for how fast room changes to VACANT if currently ASLEEP and room contact sensor is left open.
*   7) added setting for optional time range to set room to ENGAGED, LOCKED or ASLEEP with power wattage.
*   8) for CHECKING state added a lux value above which light will not get turned on for CHECKING state.
*   9) seperated the setting for reset ENGAGED and reset ASLEEP wtihout transitioning through the CHECKING state.
*   10) added fix to handle time preference settings for hubitat which does not handle timezone correctly for these settings.
*   11) introduced motion active check for when room state is transitioning to CHECKING state.
*   12) cleaned up some small bugs here and there along with some code cleanup.
4 Likes

was going to put out a release today with device health tracking and support for issuing any device any command via rules … but bit tied up with work … will probably release wed/thu.

sorry.