[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

done. will be in the sunday morning-ish release.

I have made the changes but when I try to save everything it stops me on Announcement Settings and wants me to select something for “Lights for announcement with colour”?

I just selected one of the lights to be able to save the whole thing. I checked and the lights came on when I entered the room.:grinning: Good start! If some sort of Lock on the settings could be set somehow that would keep the lights from changing once they are on until the room is vacant, would be great! Maybe using the Wattage for the TV being on to Lock the settings and then the lights could be changed to anything and stay that way. Once the Wattage goes to zero the Lock is removed and the room is set to Vacant.

Your program really has sooo much to offer that I can see it having so many options which makes it much easier than having to write a complicated piston using Webcore. Thanks for the great app!

1 Like

Or also maybe having it Lock if the lights change from original state to something else? But then you would need something to Unlock the lock setting. Hmmm!

sorry there was a typo on my part … fixed now.

thanks.

may not even need locked settings for this … will work on supporting this later tonight.

as much as i enjoy using pistons / smartlighting for one off tasks … through experience it got to a point it was just not practical to set those up in a way where it could handle all of the needs in a consistent and reliable way. thats what gave rise to this app. happy to hear you are finding it easier and useful.

that will soon get confusing for most users … so probably going to stay away from it. :slight_smile:

this looks pretty decent :slight_smile:

thank you to everyone that contributes by using this app, giving your feedback, asking for new features or contributing code. that is much appreciated.

also thank you to everyone that has donated to support development of the app. very much appreciated. since its hard to tell which forum you live on … i just go across and thank you on all three forums. thank you. :slight_smile:

For some reason, the Basement Room is getting stuck in Occupied. Motion was last detected at 1:07 pm and it is now 1:50 pm and the lights are still on and it says Occupied. This has been happening lately.

1. did you remove those lights from the occupied settings switches?
  2. do you have timeout set in occupied settings?

Yes, I took the lights out but I also took the timeout out. So, I put in 360 seconds and we will see how that goes.

1 Like

since there was no timeout it was not timing out from occupied to vacant. now that you have added the timeout back everything should be good.

UPDATE: updated to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.35.0
*   DONE:   5/11/2018
*   1) added option for buttons to set a state but not toggle from that state.
*   2) added option to set locked state with power value.
*   3) added option for contact sensors to not trigger engaged for use with landing or hallway areas.
*   4) added option to use only selective room motion sensors for motion during asleep mode for night lights.
*   5) changed options for when to turn on night lights.
*   6) added option to only run `execution` rules when state changes. this means once the state changes and the lights have been set, if you change the light settings those will not be reset till the room changes away from the current state.
*   7) added timer display to rooms occupancy device for asleep state.
*   8) organized settings in rooms manager.
*   9) updated docs.
*   10) couple of bug fixes.

please update to v0.35.0 and test.

please update to v0.35.0 for asleep timer.

in mode and other settings turn on Process execution rule(s) only on state change? for this. i have tested this only for a few minutes but not over hours. if you do try this please share some feedback on how it worked.

Wow, I’ll give it a try! Thanks a million!

1 Like

Thanks Bangali, will test tonight. Looks good though.

1 Like

I must have to update the app. I will do this and report back.

1 Like

Something isn’t working right. Even though my Basement Motion sensor sees motion, the room is changing to Vacant and turning the lights off. This is just when the lights are turned on with the rule not if I dim them after they turn on. I think it has something to do with the Power values set in “Engaged Settings”. I have Light Traffic set for When room is busy and Power Value to set room to Engaged is 20 and Power stays below for 60 seconds to reset Engaged state. Also, Require Motion within 360 seconds when room is Engaged. So right now my TV plug is showing 0 Watts and my motion detector is showing motion but I am sitting in the dark.:smirk: