[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

thanks to all of you that have sent me a donation. while i chose not to bother you by sending you a thank you email … please know that it is always much appreciated.

thank you.

Yes that’s what I meant but I didn’t think about how @bamarayne wrote it, so maybe it’s better to have 3 variables so you can do whatever. IE & = just names &is = names + is/are and &has = names + has/have?

1 Like

@bangali

Just updated to the latest pull, I have a minor issue with one room. When entering ‘asleep settings’ for my Master Bedroom, I get the ‘something’s wrong, we can’t load your screen’ page in the app.

To add insult to injury, I get no feedback in the live log that anything happened. (Yep, no log, I tried 5 times…)

New room doesn’t exhibit the behavior
Other rooms do not exhibit the behavior

Uniqueness - at one time I had set the default sleep timeout for this room to 7 hrs… Which the room is not honoring, and why I wanted to go check it in the first place…

Let me know if you have time to troubleshoot.

@bangali

Unrelated to my previous report, Note that if you install the SmartThings default SmartLocks SmartApp in ‘Classic’ All of your rooms occupancy devices are reporting as ‘locks’ with ‘status:unknown’ in the app. I do not know when it started, right now it’s just a nuisance, Just be advised it’s happening. Reporting a capability incorrectly?

just tried with one of my own rooms that has sleep timeout set … cant replicate.

not logging is a ST quirk

1. clear the live logs
  2. wait for couple of new events to show
  3. open rooms manager app > select room > go to asleep settings

check if anything gets logged please.

i know why this happened. may be i will have to take away the lock capability since hubitat does not support lock only capability… dont think its important to have the lock capability.

unless someone jumps in and says they are using the lock capability?

I totally use the Lock capability… unless you mean actual locks… I use the Lock this room capability.

:exploding_head: there goes that idea

1 Like

I submit it’s a breaking capability… And doesn’t work as ST intended. There’s other ways to get ‘lock this room’ you should see my SmartLocks UI right now. - it’s a mess.

On the other thing. I’ve been doing it for an hour and still haven’t managed to get a single log to pop when I reproduce the issue with the asleep setting.

i will switch it back to lock only which should fix the issue you are seeing while not taking away the capability @bamarayne is using.

yeah sometimes ST logging can be a bit nuts. if you open the room and then save it without going to asleep settings then go back in to room > asleep settings does it still throw the error?

btw ST is currently having issues … i can see devices misbehaving … ST dashboard does not report these issues … wondering if not logging the error is resulting from these issues ST seems to be currently having.

Yes if throws the error every single time reliably and no I’ve not succeeded in getting a log of the actual event. We’ll over 100 tries. I see the rooms occupancy log come up… Child created. Then the room itself shows an information event and nothing when the actual error trips

sigh. whats the last set of rooms logs that do kog?

@bangali I filed issue 37 for this after prior release. Sorry I didn’t follow-up here. Problem is the range definition on the nightSetCT preference.

1 Like

checking …

there are no live logs if the problem is valid groovy that crashes the mobile app ui… makes troubleshooting difficult :frowning:

UPDATE: updated to github with the following changes:

• Version: 0.20.5
  • DONE: 7/13/2018
    1. changed message separator to ‘/’ and added support for &is and &has.
    1. added save and restore sound level when playing announcements.
    1. restored lock only capability instead of using lock capability.
    1. added support for lock state contact sensor by @BamaRayne.
    1. added support for lock state switch and contact sensor to lock either on on/off or open/close by @BamaRayne.
    1. added missing dot to nightSetCT range.

@nathancu please confirm the rooms dont show up in your locks any more and asleep settings open fine.

@bamarayne please confirm the locked state settings work. note the settings are a little different from what they were before.

changed ‘/’ to be used as the string separator instead of ‘|’. so in rooms manager you will need to update your strings like person names, welcome come greetings etc. also removed ^ and # replaced with &is and &has. here is the correctly formatted greeting/announcement strings as posted earlier by @borristhecat:

Welcome home greeting:

Welcome home &,/How you doing &,/What’s up &,/Long time no see &,/Hey &,/Nice you see you &,/Look who’s home, it’s &,/Nice to have you back &,/Howdy do &,/What’s going on &,/How is everything &,/It’s been ages since I have seen you &,/Where have you been hiding &,/How’s it hanging &,/What’s cookin &,/What’s shakin &,/Greetings and salutations &,/How goes it &,/What’s happening &,/What’s up &,/Roll out the red carpet for &,

Welcome home greeting closer:

&is in the house! Ooo oooo/&is here./&is home./&is in the house./&is joining the party./&is crashing the party./&is gracing us with their presence./&is dropping anchor./&is dropping in./&is making the scene./&is barging in./&is showing up./&is blowing in./&is appearing./&is breezing in./&is rolling in./&is popping in.

Left home announcement:

Goodbye &,/See you later &,/Bye &,/Live long and prosper &,/Farewell &,/Hope you have a great time &,/Take care &,/Smell you later &,/Adios &,/Caio &,/Au revoir &,/Sayonara &,/Ta Ta for now &,/Catch you later &,/To-da-loo &,/See you in the funny papers &,/Toodles &,/Godspeed &,/So long &,/Cheerio &,/Arrivederci &,

Left home announcement closer:

&has left the building!/&has gone out./&has popped out./&has left./&has buggered off./&has departed./&has split./&has vamoosed./&has high tailed it./&has escaped./&has eight-six’d it./&has bid farewell./&has flaked off./&has taken a hike./&has withdrawn./&has exited./&has vanished./&has disappeared./&has evacuated./&has retreated./&has taken their leave.

2 Likes

yeah … this is all running in a sandbox and still no logging … makes you wonder sometimes :-/

looks much neater and makes more sense now :wink:

1 Like

Confirmed Asleep Settings Fixed.
Confirmed Rooms Occupancy Devices no longer list under locks in SmartLocks UI

1 Like

going thru the app UI for rooms settings … settings that are conditionally not enabled are replaced by text for the user to be able to see what settings would be enabled if the setting those settings are conditioned on were to be enabled.

for example when motion sensor is not specified in occupied settings it shows this text in place of the motion timeout value:

After how many seconds?
select motion sensor(s) above to set

till the motion sensor is specified the above text would be display only and the user has no option to specify a value till the motion sensor is actually specified at which point it is switched to a input field where the user can specify the value.

wondering if this is indeed helpful or it just clutters the UI making it confusing for the user. could use some feedback here:

• Show text description in place of settings that are not enabled?
  • Do not show text description in place of settings that are not enabled?

0 voters

thanks.