[EDGE] Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Gen) Edge Driver

thanks.

That’s how the keypad is designed to operate, it’s not configurable

it’s a little stupid, if i’m a thief and the keypad starts ringing it’s not right that it stop lauding… could you improve the software to avoid it? I don’t think that if i use it with original amazon configuration it works like that

Hi @RBoy is there a plan to have this keypad running in Edge?

4 Likes

Keypad (Gen2) - Version 02.07.01

• (New) Added support for Automations (scenes and routines) for special keypad features (Auto lock, Code entry, Invalid code, Tamper, Battery, Lock state, Button held, Power source, Arm mode)
  • (Fix) Fix for ‘Untitled’ labels in new SmartThings mobile app

Please make sure that your keypad is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• The UI does not reflect the new changes due to platform caching. Force the cache to clear by changing the device handler to Z-Wave Device and then back to this enhanced device handler from the IDE; you may need to sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If that doesn’t work, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler, reinstall and re-pair the device.

So is the rboy version using edge? Looks like it’s still on a DTH?

If anyone has a link to install an edge driver, I’d appreciate it. I saw the other post with the github link. Is anyone else that has forked it willing to share a link?

Search brought up this. I don’t have keypad.

Yeah I’m hoping someone has published a driver using that code and will just share it

I have just created, but without the US version for now. I’ll add it later and let you know.

1 Like

I ended up doing this as well (for the US version). Got it up and running late last night. I’m willing to share the link if anyone wants it but I now understand why someone would be reluctant to let others use it as there are a lot of options that can be customized to suit each person’s needs.

I wouldn’t want to change something to improve my circumstance, but have that jack things up for someone else.

I have just added the US version to the driver. If you have any problems with pairing the US version, please let me know here.

Enhanced Z-Wave Keypad Driver - v20240124

• (New) SmartThings edge driver for the Ring Keypad Gen2 (UK/US) and also Gen1 (US)
  • (New) Direct arming/disarming with Home Monitor
  • (New) Program user codes via Smart Lock Guest Access (SLGA) or Advanced Web UI
  • (New) Use as a custom actions keypad to trigger custom automation for each user code (up to 999 unique codes), separately for locking, unlocking, arm away, arm stay and disarm
  • (New) View programmed user names/codes
  • Other features include:
  1. Works as a keypad lock in SmartThings
  • Set/use 4-10 digit codes
  • Enable/disable keypad
  • Enable/disable auto lock
  • Lock and unlock using user codes
  • Invalid code notifications
  • Direct arming (arm directly with buttons without user code)
  • Assign dedicated or toggle action (disarm/arm stay/arm away) to button
  • Detect Main/Battery power
  • Battery level
  • 3 buttons reporting for Police, Fire and Medical emergencies
  • Panic button (press X and √ simultaneously)
  1. Use with Automations
  • Door bell
  • Security mode
  • Lock state
  • User code/name specific actions separately for arming away/arming stay/disarming/locking/unlocking
  • Panic alarm
  • 4 separate emergency buttons (panic, police, fire, medical)
  • Invalid code, lock/unlock action type (remote, keypad) custom actions
  • Battery levels
  • Power source
  • Dimmer
  • Hardware failure notifications
  1. Use as a Tone capability device (beep/chime)
  2. Use as a Siren/Alarm capability device (supported models)
  3. Locate keypad using a beep
  4. Spoken countdown for entry/exit delays
  5. Ability to configure the following parameters:
  • Choose from 5 chime/ring tones to play
  • Pin code length
  • Pin code timeout
  • Auto lock delay
  • Enable/disable direct arming
  • Announcement volume
  • Emergency buttons press duration (seconds)
  • Ambient light sensor sensitivity
  • Enable/disable proximity sensor
  • Backlight dimmer
  • Disable alarms for emergency buttons (to use automations)

IMG_0056

Please make sure that your device is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• This version of the enhanced driver is only available via the new platform Drivers license (refer to website for details). If you have an active subscription, the new driver will be automatically pushed to your hub within 24 hours
  • See the first post for a full list of available features

Copyright (c) RBOY APPS

3 Likes

Got my hub enrolled and will play with it over the next few day! Thanks!

How long does it take for the status information to transfer after swapping to the new driver. I had waited well over 30 min earlier, so I tried excluding, removing, re-adding and is showing the same message for 15 min or so still. Keypad is within 3 ft of my hub for this latest attempt.

I would recommend a clean fresh pairing as nothing can be transferred between drivers.

That is what I did 30 min ago and still getting the message “The device hasn’t updated all its status information yet. Check again later”

That means it didn’t pair properly. See the first post on pairing instructions using the QR code. Once paired properly everything will show up instantly.

Make sure you don’t have any other drivers installed for this device as you cannot switch drivers. It needs to be a clean install.

1 Like

Last night with this last pairing I did, it got through scanning the QR code so I thought it was gonna go through. I’ll remove the other driver I was using but for some reason it’s also picking up a zwave switch driver from the ST beta channel. I need to dig into if I’m using any that driver anywhere and remove it.

When a device gets identified as a “zwave switch” using the stock driver (Or what will become the stock driver, but is currently in the official beta channel), it frequently means that the pairing failed, and the device has all zeros in its “fingerprint.” (The combination of manufacturer code and model number.) when that happens, smartthings doesn’t know what edge driver to use for it, so it falls back to its most basic choice: a on/off switch.

See the community FAQ for more details:

FAQ: Manufacturer/Model Shows All Zeroes

The solution is just to exclude the device and then pair it again until you do get a good pairing.
That can be easier said than done with some devices, particularly those that require higher levels of security, but you should get there eventually.

Also note that if you do delete a stock driver (or some of the beta drivers, if you are enrolled in the beta program), the system will just install it again in an hour or two. They are part of the hub firmware, so, from SmartThings’ point of view, every customer with the appropriate hub should have them installed. The edge drivers that you can delete are custom edge drivers that you individually subscribed to.

4 Likes

This device is the most frustrating I have used in my setup as far as getting paired, previously with the other driver and with this one.

Exclude and remove just times out and ultimately I have to go to AWA and delete the device and the driver.

Pairing times out 10 out of 10 times but 3 of those 10 times, when backing out of the add device screen as it times out, it suddenly adds it as a Zwave switch.

I have tried adding it per the instruction in the first post within 3-5ft of my hub or a repeater. I have tried it

I have tried it with scan for new devices, which worked last night then had me scan the QR code but once it was added, I kept getting the status information transfer message for 10+ hours.

Excuse me while I go bang my head on a wall :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, this device is tricky while pairing and I totally understand the frustration. My 2 cents on the order of steps that seems to work best in our labs.

1. Power cycle your hub first (this makes a big difference)
  2. Factory reset your keypad (see first post)
  3. Start with scanning the QR code on the rear of the keypad from the ST app (see first post) (select your hub if prompted after scanning)
  4. Now keep the 1 key pressed on the keypad to put into pairing mode (see first post)
2 Likes