[RELEASE] Resilient My Next Manager & My Next Devices for your Nest® products with native UI (for faster rendering on Android/iOS) & all ST standard capabilities + high refresh rates + No complicated developer account setup!

yvesracine - In light of Googles change of heart, do you plan to continue to maintain My Next Manager for Nest, and then migrate to Googles new platform when they have that ready?

I will maintain MyNextManager as long as I can… For the migration to Google, that’s a different story as I don’t know if the same features will be available. That’s a major release in my book or even a different product altogether.

Hi, thanks for a great integration. Now that Nest/Google has stopped folks from signing up for developer accounts I was hoping to use your Smartthings integration to feed entities in Home Assistant. I purchased the full package and it’s working in Smartthings. There are also some sensors/entities that are exposed/usable in HA via HA’s Smartthings integration.

Cameras - Switch on/off & Presence
Thermostat - what it’s set to (setpoint) / presence / climate*
Protect - not tested yet

My actual issue is that I get the following error in HA related to the climate entity / thermostat card:

2019-07-11 19:09:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.smartthings] Exception in async_update_state when dispatching ‘smartthings_update’: ({‘6edbeb62-3022-4074-bfa3-cef3c4dff2a4’},)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/smartthings/init.py”, line 367, in async_update_state
await self.async_update_ha_state(True)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 225, in async_update_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 255, in _async_write_ha_state
attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 211, in state_attributes
self.precision),
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/temperature.py”, line 26, in display_temp
temperature, temperature_unit, ha_unit)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/temperature.py”, line 25, in convert
from_unit, TEMPERATURE))
ValueError: None is not a recognized temperature unit.

According to the HA community this is because the device handler is not setting the temperature unit (maybe F or C). It would be fantastic if this could be fixed as then I assume a full blown thermostat view would be usable in HA. This would give folks like me, who missed the opportunity of signing up for a Nest developer account a way to integrate their Nest products within HA, albeit by purchasing your Device Handlers / Code. HA obviously has Nest integrations but none of them will work without a Nest dev account.

It would also be fantastic if any other entities could be exposed via your code from Smartthings to HA.
Thanks, Lee

Hi @Swampylee, I don’t have HA and my integration was not designed to act as a bridge to HA.

I’m sorry, but I cannot help you on this one.

As you wrote above, the ST integration works well, and that’s what my design is all about.

For any ST related issues (not HA), you can always refer to the installation steps at the github or refer to the troubleshooting section at the ST community wiki.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat#Troubleshooting

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm#Troubleshooting

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=MyNextCam#Troubleshooting

Regards.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.