*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

This is for the nest thermostat only

Hi, you currently have 2 options for this use case:

1. Use Core/WebCore or any other rule engines and call the away() and home() methods in the DTHs according to your own custom rules.

2. Use the smartapp called ScheduleTstatZones which has many more features (ex. alternative cooling, averaging out multiple room sensors to adjust the sepoints for cooler/hotter rooms, zoning & scheduling capabilities, controlling slave thermostats for mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers, etc.).

For more details on the features & use cases supported, refer to the ST community wiki:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

The smartapp is available at my store.

BTW, if you set your thermostat to Away, then the Eco mode will be activated and the Eco icon will be displayed in the UI.

Regards.

Hi, I just added a 3rd option at my github:

1. If you just want a simple smartapp to change your Nest mode according to the ST location mode, just use NestChangeMode at my github.

You can use the same smartapp to handle both modes by renaming different instances to NestChangeAway and NestChangeHome on the last page

Regards.

Thanks so much. Is this one free? Do I just cut and copy code into my smart app. Thank you!

Yes, this is a basic smartapp so it’s complimentary just like the others at my github.

Thank you!!!

I’m glad that all your Nest devices are working fine (including the Nest cam)…

1 Like

Hi @DanDrake,

• First you should never post logs in the ST community forum as they contain sensitive info about your location. Please send me the logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com instead. I’d strongly recommend to remove this post with your partial logs ASAP as it contains your Tstat serial number.

• Second, did you use your primary Nest account for the login in MyNextManager? It looks like you’ve either modified your device under Nest and/or MyNextManager was not able to get the right info from your Nest account somehow.

That’s what I can tell you for now without the full logs.

So, my recommendation to you is to uninstall MyNextManager and reinstall it by logging in using the main Nest (primary) account this time (the one you’ve originally used to link your Nest devices). To uninstall MyNextManager and My Next devices, like any devices under ST, you should first unselect all Next devices from any routines & smartapps.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.239:_I.27d_like_to_uninstall_My_Next_devices

I closely monitor several ST accounts with My Next devices as part of my support packages, and all the devices monitored work very well. There is something wrong under your ST/Nest accounts for sure.
Regards

Thanks for the quick response. Here’s what I tried this morning (working fine so far):

• Followed your instructions for remove the MyNext apps and device handlers.
  • Logged in to my Nest.com account and changed the password, then removed several unused Works with Nest integrations, including SmartThings (ST), Wemo, IFTT.
  • Reinstalled the MYNext Device Handlers and Smartapp
  • Reinstalled the Mobile app, leaving all parameters with defaults, except for adding the ZipCode for local weather use.
  • Added the new TStat to a couple of Smartthings routines - Good Morning and Good Night.
  • Established connection to Alexa and changed the name of the device (on the Alexa side only in the Alexa app) to “Thermostat.”

I will leave everything else alone for now to see how things work for a few days.

Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

…Also added the MyNext thermostat to Google Home (I have both Google Home and Alexa devices) and changed the Google Home name to “Thermostat.”

1 Like

Hi,

Just a reminder of what you can do with the Ask Alexa smartapp when you use the Summary Voice report in My Next Manager (last page):

You can also get some comfort & energy savings tips based on your indoor/outdoor conditions at your home by executing the NestGetTips smartapp at my github and/or using the Ask Alexa’s verbal commands (get/play/repeat/reset tips). Refer to the ST community wiki for more details:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NestGetTips

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#MyEcobee_.26_MyNext_Devices.27_comfort_.26_energy_saving_tips

Regards.

I’m kind of frustrated with NST Manager and am happy to see Yves has developed a possible alternative, as I purchased his excellent ecobee application and handlers. Can anyone give me feedback how this stacks up to NST Manager before I purchase?

Hi Brad,

See previous posts for testimonials. You won’t have any issues with My Next Manager as it uses the same proven design (with some thorough testing) as My Ecobee device…

Regards.

2 Likes

Hi,

For all my contributors, I’ve just released new versions of MyNextTstat (v1.1.5 for the Nest thermostat) and MyNextAlarm (v1.1.3 for the Nest Protect) devices which allow you to view/interact with the devices under the new Samsung app.

As a reminder, MyNextManager app has been authorized by Nest for a significant number of users and, amongst the many features, it is simpler to install and configure as you can avoid the tedious & error prone process of creating your own Product as a developer (and the product Key & product Secret copy and paste) at Nest with the different permissions.

You can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

Regards.

Hi,

For all my contributors and Nest users, I’ve just released new versions of MyNextTstat (v1.1.6 for the Nest thermostat), MyNextAlarm (v1.1.4 for the Nest Protect), MyNextCam (v1.1.3 for the Nest Cam) with some small minor enhancements to be able to automatically remove the devices from the MyNextManager (v1.3.3) when a ST user forcefully deletes the devices using the IDE or the Samsung/SmartThings mobile apps.

• Please refer to the release notes in the zip file for more details.

As a reminder, MyNextManager app has been authorized by Nest for a significant number of users and, amongst the many features, it is simpler to install and configure as you can avoid the tedious & error prone process of creating your own Product as a developer at Nest with the different permissions (and the subsequent product Key & product Secret copy and paste) .

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

Regards.

Great solution and was my first attempt at adding anything external to my setup. After some initial help everything went great and had it up and running in less than an hour.

Now the trick will be adding the Keen AC vents and Nest Protect products.

1 Like

Hi @caviglia,

For the vents, refer to the ScheduleTstatZone entry at the ST community wiki under the configuration section:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Configuration.

You have to configure the smartapp according to the use cases you want to achieve and your house layout…

For your Nest Protects, all you need to do is upload the code for them (MyNextAlarm and save/publish it into the IDE), and then rerun MyNextManager (under Automation/smartapps in the ST classic app) again to select your NestProtect Units .

Regards.

Does your Tstat Nest app let you do temporary holds when a temp change is made?

in other words, if i change the temp using ST, will the change be permanent or temporary until the next schedule on the Nest.

Hi, the Nest APIs don’t expose the schedules (contrary to ecobee APIs), and they are overall quite limited (if you compare them to the ecobee ones). There is no way to set and determine if a hold is temporary or permanent (i.e. set by a schedule) through the APIs.

However, in my code for the DTH, I’ve used some custom logic to determine if the hold is temporary or permanent. You should look into the programScheduleName attribute for it. If set by a schedule, the value will be ‘schedule

For more schedules logic, you should look into the ecobee with those kinds of HA scenarios.

Regards.

Hi,

For all my contributors and Nest users, I’ve just released new versions of MyNextManager (v1.4) to correct the Nest Blank Login page issue that has appeared since September 25th.

As a reminder, MyNextManager app has been authorized by Nest for a significant number of users and, amongst the many features, it is simpler to install and configure as you can avoid the tedious & error prone process of creating your own Product as a developer at Nest with the different permissions (and the subsequent product Key & product Secret copy and paste) .

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

This is a mandatory update to be able to create future Nest devices under the ST platform

Regards.

1 Like