*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Is it possible to figure out how many kWHs my HVACs consume with this app - perhaps using the Nest’s run time data?

Sorry, no it’s not possible. However, you can use Neurio, Sense or Curb to get this information for your whole house. It would require the installation of a specialized power meter in your panel.

For all my contributors and Nest users, I’ve just released new version of My NextCam (v1.1.5) device (as part of the My Next devices package) for the Nest Cam to correct a small issue related to its Switch Capability.

For more information My Next Devices and the complimentary smartapps available, refer to the 1st post of this thread:

As a reminder, MyNextManager app has been authorized by Nest for a significant number of users and, amongst the many features, it is simpler to install and configure as you can avoid the tedious & error prone process of creating your own Product as a developer (and the product Key & product Secret copy and paste) at Nest with the different permissions.**

You can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

Hi,

I’m trying to get a receipt for the product I bought from you. I bought it through paypal but don’t see a record there. Is there anyway you could resend to my email.

I found the invoice and sent it to you. Please note that you should contact me if you’re using my code for commercial purposes as license fees may apply.

Regards.

For all my contributors and Nest users, I’ve just released new version of My NextTstat(v1.1.9) device following the deprecation of the ST getWeatherAttribute().

For more information My Next Devices and the complimentary smartapps available, refer to the 1st post of this thread:

As a reminder, MyNextManager app has been authorized by Nest for a significant number of users and, amongst the many features, it is simpler to install and configure as you can avoid the tedious & error prone process of creating your own Product as a developer (and the product Key & product Secret copy and paste) at Nest with the different permissions.**

For my contributors, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

Regards.

To all my Nest contributors,

Nest is experiencing some issues with their servers as indicated here:

You can also check their twitter feed here:

https://twitter.com/nestsupport/with_replies

Regards.

Yves,

I have seen a couple of examples of the myNext Tstat and decided to jump in and buy it. I guess I didn’t read it carefully (i expected apps not code) but went a head anyway. I successfully built the device handler and app and I can see them on the web (at https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps) but not on my android device. I did notice that under the app attributes the location field is blank. If that is the problem how do I set it to home. Your work looks nice. Thanks in advance.

John

Hi,

I’m sorry but I don’t know which location and which app you’re talking about…

First, did you follow all the prerequisites and the installation steps at the github under the readme file?

If it’s the SmartThings’ location, then you need to follow the steps below:

I hope that you do understand that the Nest Device Handler is for the SmartThings classic mobile app…
After a successful install, you’ll be able to see the Nest Tstat under Things in the ST classic app.

This install limitation is indicated at my store, in the prerequisites at the github, and at the ST community wiki

If you have further questions, you can email me at services@maisonsecomatiq.com as it’s easier to get the context thru gmail conversations.
Regards.

“Mynextmanager” Just installed all the device handlers and smart app in smartthings classic app, i could see the devices but cant see video thermostat doesn’t show any values. Any tips?

Hi,

As indicated in my previous post, you need to follow the prerequisites and installation steps at the readme (see link below).

Also, what do you mean by:

Do you mean the live stream for the Nest Cam?

If so, please refer to the troubleshooting section at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=MyNextCam#Issue_.2311:_I_cannot_get_live_stream_from_My_Nest_Cam

You can also see the worklow required to do the cloud-to-cloud integration at the ST community wiki here:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#UI_and_integration_setup_workflow

IF you thermostat doesn’t have any values and you’re authenticated with Nest, then just press the ‘refresh’ tile as indicated in the readme (step 5) or wait few minutes for the next async poll command.

If you have further questions, you can email me at services@maisonsecomatiq.com as it’s easier to get the context thru gmail conversations.

Regards.

Hi - I donated for the Nest products tonight and thingsthataresmart.wiki is giving me a 403 Forbidden message. What’s going on?

Yes, the ST community wiki is down temporarily

Just purchase My Next Manager package thinking that I would be able to use the Nest/Away feature to automate things to turn on/off but not having any luck. Is this feature not possible with your package?

Hi, it’s not available as part of my zoning automations. However, you can use Webcore (rules engine) to implement your custom rules.

Refer to the webcore forum for more information and help.

EDIT: usually ST users want to use their ST location mode (Home, Away) to set their Nest Home/Away settings, not the other way around…
Regards.

hello everyone, im in the process of integrating my nest sensors with smartthings. I bought the license for it but when i try to copy paste the code from the zip files to crea a smartapp i keep on getting an error. it says:

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_f128bf67_85e4_49a7_a795_85715578c476.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_f128bf67_85e4_49a7_a795_85715578c476$_run_closure2) values: [script_app_metadata_f128bf67_85e4_49a7_a795_85715578c476$_run_closure2@35a7351b] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

I copied and pasted every character. am i doing the right thing?

Hi,

As indicated in the zip file and few posts above in this thread, you have to follow the prerequisites and instructions at the readme and it will work.

According to the error message, you’re trying to copy and paste the device handler code as a smartapp. The device code should be copied to the IDE as a Device Type Handler (DTH) under My Device Handlers.

Regards

Yes. I realized my booboo. Thanks! It works

HI, any chance you can remove my personally identifying information from your reply post? Thanks.

Sure, it’s done.

1 Like