*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi, you would need to call the following method:

setThermostatSettings([dehumidifyOvercoolOffset:value])

Values should be in the range 0 - 50 and be divisible by 5.

Regards.

Under which specific smartapp would I find this? I found an option under MonitorandSetEcobeeHumidity for use AC as dehumidifier, but it’s an on or off setting, there’s no values. Im not understanding where you are telling me to set this. Thank you.

Well, you may check if you can use webCore to do this.

Ah ok, I thought there was something in your smartapps specifically where this could be set. Thank you.

hi @yvesracine,
I have a couple of questions.
Is My Ecobee integration going to survive Samsung integration?
Any plans for Hubitat port?
thnx

Well, I’m following any development on the ST front
 It’s too early to tell at this point, but I understand that ST will continue to support groovy and custom DTHs for a while

For the moment, I’ve been accepted (ecomatiqhomes) as a company partner for the new ST development platform

As for Hubitat, I don’t think that it supports cloud to cloud integration (yet) 

EDIT: With the ST classic app, here is the ST answer about your concerns:

Regards

Okay, I am loosing my effing mind trying to get my ecobee, flair, and ST to produce one simple effing outcome: when A/C running open vents in one room wide open, and when heat running reduce airflow to that room. Instead I’m ready to take all this shit and give it to somebody I don’t like.
I have contributed to buy every ecobee and flair related app, but all it does is continue operating as if my wishes were never even a consideration.

Can ANYBODY help with this before I’m in the next news cycle for flipping out and running naked through the streets? Seriously.

I’m sorry, but I on vacation with little access to the internet.

I don’t quite understand your use case. You need to provide more info by email (see email address below) such as:

• your thermostat mode (auto or else)
  • do you have colder/hotter rooms?
  • did you create specific zones for each of these colder/hotter rooms?
  • did you use the zones’ temp deltas to adjust the target setpoints for those rooms?
  • did you set the vent setting option on in GeneralSetup?

Please send your configuration screenshots and your logs to services@maisonecomatiq.com
and I will look into it upon my return. I need both as my smartapp has many options.

In the meantime (as indicated in the downloaded zip file & the installation steps), I’d recommend to read the configuration section at the ST community wiki (especially use cases 1,4 & 18):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Configuration

To enable detailed tracing, refer to use case 13.
Regards

Thanks for the response, especially given you are away. Sincerest thanks.

Trying not to leave out anything from your message, I have inserted responses in all caps, not meant as yelling in case that might be perceived.

your thermostat mode (auto or else): AUTO
do you have colder/hotter rooms?: YES, BUT THE MAIN GOAL IS THE MASTER BEDROOM REMAINING COOLER. MY WIFE AND KIDS CAN THEN MOVE THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE SHERPAS HEADED FOR THE SUMMIT.
did you create specific zones for each of these colder/hotter rooms?
I CREATED A SINGLE ZONE FOR EACH OF TWO THERMOSTATS. NOTE, ALL THE FLAIR VENTS AS WELL AS BEDROOMS ALSO ARE IN TJIS ZONE.
did you use the zones’ temp deltas to adjust the target setpoints for those rooms?
I HAVE ENDEAVORED TO UNDERSTAND BASIC SETTINGS TO A POINT WHERE ANY RESULTING PERFORMANCE FROM AC WAS RECOGNIZABLE BEFORE ADDING FURTHER TRICKS.
did you set the vent setting option on in GeneralSetup?
I LISTED ROOMS AND BENTS IN EACH ROOM, BUT LEFT SETTINGS TO PROGRAMMING AS I SAW NO WAY TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN BIAS TOWARD INCREASED COOLING AIRFLOW AND REDUCED HEAT.
Please send your configuration screenshots and your logs to services@maisonecomatiq.com
I WILL TAKE SCREEN SHOTS, AND LOGS TO THE EMAIL. ASSUMING YOU MEAN LOGS IN IDE HUB?
and I will look into it upon my return. I need both as my smartapp has many options.
In the meantime (as indicated in the downloaded zip file & the installation steps), I’d recommend to read the configuration section at the ST community wiki (especially use cases 1,4 & 18):
I HAVE READ THROUGH THEM, NO REALLY. IM AN INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO MANAGER AND HAVE PROVEN, WITHOUT ANY QUESTION, THAT I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER. IVE ALWAYS FELT SLIGHTLY AHEAD OF THE TECHNOLOGY MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE APTITUDE, BUT NEARING 44, SEEMS TO HAVE RAISED THE BAR BEYOND REACH.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Configuration

I will send you an email with my recommendations.

Basically, you need to make sure that your vents are all configured under RoomSetup>VentSettings for each of your rooms ( I cannot tell from the screenshots you sent me).

And, you need to set the VentSettings flag to true in GeneralSetup. That’s the part you missed in the configuration section of the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp.

Some people use the smartapp without any smart vents, so you need to set the flag to true to activate the vents’ logic.

That’s it.

Hi, in the last version (5.9.9.y.2), I added the following command in My Ecobee DTH:

• setDehumidifyACOffset() with the corresponding dehumidifyOvercoolOffset attribute.

You can use the above command in your favorite rule engine to modify dehumidifyOvercoolOffset’s value.

Also, a new version of MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity (v3.4.4) has been published at my github with a new dehumidifyACOffset input parameter.

You can download My Ecobee DTH’s new version using your Sellfy download link.

My Ecobee device is also available at my store.

Regards.

I really love the application. Yves is putting in a lot of work into continuous updates and improvements and I really appreciate it. I have been using the application for the past 2 years and I am very happy with it. Keep up the great work Yves!

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that a new version (v5.9.9y.3) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link or your sellfy account provided that you’ve followed the update procedure indicated at my store (under the terms of service).

If you’re are a contributor to one of my support packages (and I have access to your ST account), the upgrade has already been done for you. You don’t need to do anything, everything has been taken care of.

The new version brings more comfort & energy saving tips for multi-stage heating/cooling systems.

• All heating/cooling components (auxHeatX, compHeatX, compCoolX) are now taken into account for the Level 3 and Level 4’s tips.
  • Corrected some minor issues in get_tips_level_3() and get_tips_level_4() methods.
  • The corresponding ecobeeGenerateStats (daily, weekly, monthly Runtime) smartapps have been updated accordingly
  • The groveStreams smartapp which allows you more powerful data analytics using groveStreams has also been changed to take into account all heating/cooling components.

All the above smartapps are located at my github:

My Ecobee DTH is available at my store:

Regards.

Thanks for the updates Yvesracine! Great job!

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that a new version (v5.9.9y.4) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link or your sellfy account provided that you’ve followed the update procedure indicated at my store (under the terms of service).

If you’re are a contributor to one of my support packages (and I have access to your ST account), the minor upgrade has already been done for you. You don’t need to do anything, everything has been taken care of.

The new version (v5.9.9y.4):

• prepares the code foundation for the new ecobeeSwitch+ with higher refresh rates (and possibly some push APIs). See my video about the new ecobeeSwitch+ here:
  • brings better comfort & energy saving tips for multi-stage heating/cooling systems.
  • Corrects some minor issues in get_tips_level_3() and get_tips_level_4() methods.

Just as a reminder, several smartapps are available with my custom DTH. Among others, there are some smartapps to calculate and cumulate the ecobee runtime stats for more precise comfort & energy tips. Refer to the ecobeeGenerateStats below:

My Ecobee DTH is available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store
Regards.

1 Like

So what does the road map for Switch+ support look like? Am considering a couple for strategic places but also want to be able to turn them on and off from SmartThings.

Thanks

Hi, it all depends on the ecobee APIs
 Ecobee says (for the moment) that they will be changed this summer
 I’m hoping for some push APIs for better performances (switches need to be turn on/off in real time as much as possible), but no information has been provided on this.

To be followed
I’ll be ready to release v6.0 as soon as the APIs are ready.

Regards.

2 Likes

@yvesracine Hello, looking for some assistance. Ecobee is not working as of 12.59pm EST today, I tried to re login into ecobee but it will not get let me get past the 2nd page of authorize smart things. It is giving me some weird error!

Update: I was looking on the community and the other Ecobee App in the community is having the same exact issue with some of their users and it all happened at the exact same time. I think there might be an issue with the API, I hope this helps.

I’ve just tested the whole auth process, and everything works just fine, so I suspect it was either a temporary ecobee or ST issue.

Please make sure to follow all the instructions at the readme before trying it again.

Why would it stop working, I have had your app running for over a year. As of 12:59 it is no longer logging except for remote sensors.