*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

OK, thnx for answer.

Just sent an email. Never got an update for My Ecobee Device.

This is a big change and one Iā€™m really looking forward to testing. Hopefully it works great.

Thanks.

Hi @black98gti, thank you for posting some positive feedback and following the update procedure.

Regards.

I bought the $30 pack.

I would like my front door (lock/Unlock) to change myecobeeā€™s mode (Home/away/sleep).
Is this possible?

I currently use Rboyā€™s Smart app. There are a lot of actions I can run when locking/unlocking the door, but I can never select my ecobee.
I have also tried to change myecobeeā€™s mode through a routine/scene, without luck.

How could I achieve this?

Hi, your lock needs to trigger a location mode change and then you can use the smartapp called ecobeeChangeMode at my github.

You can rename the smartapp at the end and create different instances for the modes you need.

However, Iā€™d recommend that you carefully read the configuration section at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device

Regards

Thank you @yvesracine. I went through the wiki for both the MyEcobeeDevice and EcobeeChangeMode and unfortunately was not able to find a good answer for it.

Basically, I would like to bypass the ST mode. I would like MyEcobee to change modes independently of ST mode.

For example, when I have guests coming home, I would still want ST to be armed (they only have access to their room). Though, I would want MyEcobee to be changed to ā€œHomeā€ (while ST home stays armed).

I could find instructions on how to do:
Front Door Unlocked -> ST mode changed to Home -> MyEcobee changed to Home

but I couldnā€™t find instructions on how to bypass the man in the middle and directly do:
Front Door Unlocked -> MyEcobee changed to Home.
or maybe
Front Door Unlocked -> Guest Arrived Routine -> MyEcobee changed to Home.

Is this not possible?

Hi,

There is no way under ST to call ecobee to resume or set a specific climate/comfort settings from a routine as the ecobee thermostat is probably the only one thermostat that has this capability. ST routines were designed for the generic thermostat capabilities, not for the ecobee which has more advanced features.

FYI, even the Nest doesnā€™t expose its own scheduleā€¦And, the z-wave/zigbee thermostats are quite ā€˜dumbā€™ in terms of scheduling as they require external HA scripts.

However, using my smartapps, you can bypass the ST location mode and use any ST presence & motion sensors to achieve what you want to do.

In the configuration section of My ecobee device in the ST community wiki, Iā€™ve written the following:

Most of my Ecobee smartapps have been developed with this principle in mind: ecobee is responsible for the basic scheduling (as itā€™s more reliable and also accessible from the physical thermostat anytime) and ST is responsible for managing exceptions to the schedules that you define (i.e., ā€˜Awayā€™ or ā€˜Homeā€™ mode switch as an example).

Under the following section 3c), I mentioned different smartapps to be used listed by their complexity (according to the use cases you want to achieve):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Item_3c.29_Choose_some_of_the_following_smartapps_for_your_requirements

If you donā€™t want to use ecobeeChangeMode , you can use ecobeeAwayFromHome and ecobeeResumeProg which allow you to set your thermostat to Away or Home based on several conditions amongst others presence and motion detection.

For more details on ecobeeResumeProg, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeResumeProg

P.S. If the above smartapps donā€™t meet your requirements, you can always use your favorite rule engine (CoRE, webCoRE, smartRules) to customize your HA script for your own use case. The methods that you can call are resumeProgram(), away(), asleep() and home() in the DTH to switch to the ecobee Away, Night, or Home climates respectively.

Regards.

1 Like

Any updates on getting the new code?

Awesome stuff!

1 Like

Purchased this app and have been very happy with how it works and all the attributes and capabilities it exposes from the Ecobee. Really great solution!

1 Like

I just checked my bills and I also did compare previous years
and find out that between 2x ecobees3 and this Smartthings integration
I saved over $500 this year on cooling/heating in the 3000sqf house already pretty efficient before installing MyEcobee.

I Contributed donation before it was mandatory and I decided to contribute again today.

This integration will bring your money back.
Also during last year it never disconnected unlike many of mine sensors and other devices.

1 Like

So another week and I still donā€™t get a response to either my email or this message? After paying for this?

1 Like

@black98gti, thank you Brian for following the update procedure and being courteous in your exchange with me.

Youā€™ll receive future minor updates as indicated under the terms of service at my store.

@plantucha, thank you for being a long time supporter! I really appreciate your additional contrbution. There has been a lot of work put into this DTH (as you know it)!!

Is there a way to simply have this thing set the mode to heat, if outside temp below 60, and cool if itā€™s above 60? My wife hates the way itā€™s working, currently.

Well, ScheduleTstatZones has this mode change capabilityā€¦ I havenā€™t implemented elsewhere as this feature should should be used with caution.

You can also use CoRE/webCoRE/Smart Rules to do so.

A better way (if possible) would be to use the auto modeā€¦

Regards

Last week, I got Smart Things and got it set up with Ecobee/Ecobee Sensors/Keen Vents using My Ecobee Device and ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule. It worked perfect for a few days, and then My Ecobee stopped updating (temperature didnā€™t update, buttons didnā€™t work except for ā€˜Resume Scheduleā€™, equipment status not changing from idle even when heat was on). I deleted everything and started fresh, and it worked again for a few hours, but now My Ecobee is stuck again. Once again, no buttons work except resume schedule (canā€™t change temperature, temperature is wrong, temperature setting is wrong, refresh does nothing, etc).

If I add the thermostat again with MyEcobeeInit, it works once again, but will eventually get stuck.

The sensors/vents appear to work just vine.

Well, I can tell you that I personnally supervise many contributorsā€™ sites (who pay for support) and I havenā€™t seen anthing like that for a while as indicated here:

There must be a specific issue with your ST account.

Could you send your logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com?

Please filter only the logs for My Ecobee device.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Issue_.239:_I_want_to_get_more_tracing_in_the_IDE

And, I would like to have screenshots of your ecobeeSetZoneWithScheduleā€™s running config screens.

Iā€™d be very curious to see your logs.

Regards.

P.S. Donā€™t post your logs in the forum as they contain senstive info about your thermostat.

Hmm Iā€™m thinking you may be right about the ST account thing. Not sure what would cause it thoughā€¦

I cannot open the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule config anymore. The icon spins and then nothing happens. MyEcobeeInit and ecobeeRemoteSensorInit open fine.

Iā€™ve sent the logs anyway.

What is odd is that you can resume the program and the values get refreshed?

I need the logs for My Ecobee device with detailed tracing.

We can look at the other smartapps later.

Or, if you want a faster resolution, I can log in to your ST account to check it out.

If you wish, send me your ST credentials (username and a password that you can reset later) by email and I will have a look into your ST account.