*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Thank you!

I must not be looking right… I couldn’t find the page for “Monitor/Control your Lights” on your link :confused:

Anyway, I have some HEMs but maybe not the right ones. I have the Aeon HEMs, I’m guessing it’s not compatible?

Any HEM with the standard power & energy capabilities in the DTH will work.

The Keen Vents work fine at my place. I have more than 16 of them spread over 9 rooms. They have been very reliable for the last 2 years. Some people in the ST community had some battery issues, but I think that this issue was solved long time ago.

There is another alternative and I’ve worked with the Flair team to expose the vents to SmartThings.

There are some pros & cons about the Flair devices. They have not been on the market for long, so it’s difficult to say if they’re reliable at this point. Their design look sturdy.

EDIT: The nice thing about Flair is their ecosystem of devices which allows you control portable heater/coolers, window/split units and more. Combined with smart vents, this could be a more complete zoning solution depending on your use cases.
Regards.

1 Like

My favorite SmartApp. Thanks very much for your efforts! Thanks also for actively replying to emails and continuing to support and tweak the app.

-JDK

1 Like

Now that winter is here, I’ve noticed that when the temp swaps greatly it not keeping up with changes. It’s Mississippi and often wake up, it’s 40, and by 1pm, it’s 85, 90+ by 3 or 4. I’d love to be able to have look at my outside temp, and if it’s below say 55 outside, set the heat/cool range to say 71-76, if it’s above 76 outside have range swap to 69-74, if I’m home.

Is this possible?

I looked at settings in EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule use case 6, and was confused by the moreheatthreshold, morecoolthreshold, etc.

Is this where I would do this?

Yes, in ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule, you can decrease/increase the heat setpoint by using some outdoor thresholds:

input (name:"moreHeatThreshold${indiceSchedule}", type:"decimal", title: "Outdoor temp's threshold for more heating",
    input (name:"lessHeatThreshold${indiceSchedule}", type:"decimal", title: "Outdoor temp's threshold for less heating" 

For your use case, the heat setpoint can be increased by the max adjustment defined in ScheduleSetup when the outdoor temp is below the moreHeatThreshold.

You need to follow the instructions indicated under:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Use_Case_.236:_I_want_to_adjust_my_setpoints_based_on_some_outdoor_thresholds

Regards

So if I set moreHeatThreshold to 55 and lessHeatThreshold to 76, and put max temp adjustment to 5 it will take whatever the set range is, and change by ±5 depending on outdoor temp? What should go in the moreCoolThreshold, lessCoolThreshold.

All the temp thresholds are optional… You don’t need to populate the cool temp thresholds if you don’t need them.

1 Like

Are you in auto mode or just ‘heat’ mode? Anyway, it doesn’t really matter. You can set only the more/less heat thresholds regardless of your mode.

Regards.

auto. I’m just trying to get it where when I go to bed and it’s 80, and wake up and it’s 40 outside, I don’t end up cold because it dropped down to 60 inside and my wife stole all the covers rather than turn on the heat/turn off ceiling fan. I was/still am a little confused by the 4, I just thought there would be a lesscool/moreheat or a morecool/lessheat. I’ll play with them a little more and see how it works out.

• LessCool and MoreCool affect the cool setpoint only.

• LessHeat and MoreHeat affect the heat setpoint only. According to your use case, those are the ones that you need to change.

In ‘auto’ mode, changing the heat setpoint can affect also the cool setpoint in order to keep the min temp delta between the cool/heat setpoints (as defined in Settings at the thermostat unit).

Regards.

Thanks for all the great work!

1 Like

Now that we’re talking about this, how can I configure for 2 different Ecobees (I have 2 A/Cs)? Is there a built-in section to handle this, or would I be better off renaming the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule instance?

I’ve been able to successfully handle on one ecobee, but not the other.

Thanks!

Hi, do you want to consider the 2 ecobees as separate zone thermostats or you want to have one as a master and the other one as a slave?

If you want to have 2 master (independent) thermostats within their own zone, then refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Use_Case_.233:_I_have_a_large_house_with_many_independent_zones

Otherwise (one is master, the other is slave):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Use_Case_.232:_I_have_a_large_house_with_many_inter-linked_zones
Regards.

I think that is what confused me, I didn’t realize you could change the min temp delta, thought it was always 5 degrees, so I couldn’t see any reason to set 4.

Hi, Have you contributed to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule?

I don’t see your name in my contribution list of the zoned heating/cooling smartapp…I have your name for My Ecobee device and the remote sensors smartapp (ecobeeRemoteSensorInit)…

Regards.

Hi, I’ve just released today a new “smarter” version of My ecobee device (v5.9.9j) with added capabilities for smart rule engines (CoRE, webCoRE, smartRules) in order to be able to distinguish the following events:

• Manual overrides at the thermostat vs. new climate/comfort changes made in one of my smartapps (ex. ecobeeChangeMode or ecobeeSetClimate). The attribute to be used is called “programScheduleName” and it’s available in MyEcobee device for subscription in rule engines.

• This way, the new version of ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp (v7.8) can now use the new events to know when it needs to replace its own setpoint baselines for smarter temp/vent adjustments.

The new code is available at my store for download.

P.S. The new code has been distributed to all my active contributors.
Regards.

1 Like

I’ve never considered one as master and one as slave. I’ve always treated them as two very separate devices, so I think I’ll go independent.

Thanks for the direction!

Hi @Matthew_Sugarman

Sorry, but there seems to be a mixup: have you contributed to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule?

I don’t see your name in my contribution list of the zoned heating/cooling smartapp…I have your name for My Ecobee device and the remote sensors smartapp (ecobeeRemoteSensorInit) only…

You need to contribute financially for the code at my store if you’re using it. The code has taken me 3 years to build and test (4K lines of code), and I’m only asking few bucks for it.

Let me know as everybody should follow the license provided with the code…Anbody who is not respecting the license will be reported to the proper authorities.

I had not received one of the email updates for My Ecobee Device, so I sent a quick email asking if I could get the updated code. I received an email back within 10 minutes. I’ve always received quick responses when I’ve emailed. I love this system. I’ve saved money on my utility bills, and I couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

Yes, mixup. I used the comment above and assumed that I was using ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule. I can accomplish what I need with MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp on the dashboard, but only on one device.

I replied back to the email, as I appear to not be getting notifications here.