*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi,

The new version of MyEcobee device (v5.4.6) is able now to send notifications to ST users about
any ecobee alerts such as HVAC maintenance & Filter change reminders, High Humidity, and Remote sensor issues.

If you enable Ask Alexa notifications, the ecobee alerts can be sent to you via verbal messages through Ask Alexa…

The alerts are only sent to you once a day to avoid any spamming.

My Ecobee device is now available for download at my store:

Regards.

2 Likes

Glad your graph is working now on IPhone7…

I’ve been busy and just realized I stopped getting updates. Just posting to say I would like to still get the updates. I can’t say it has ever reliably worked for me (namely the remote sensors), but I keep hoping that eventually it will.

Hi @LTAcosta,

If you have a specific issue with the remote sensors (as it does work for a lot of people out there) and you need assistance, you can then purchase one of my support packages
at my store and you’ll be automatically receiving the updates for the support period. I will look at your configuration, and correct any issue with your configuration.

Regards.

When I get a chance I’ll take a look at it again, but I don’t think the issue is on your end. It always seems to work when I first set it up, but after a while they just stop updating. I haven’t been paying enough attention to know exactly when it occurs, I just know it isn’t reliable enough for me to use them in my other automation. When it does work, it’s great though.

Hi @LTAcosta ,

Do you know about this ongoing issue with ST:

So, that’s why I implemented some watchdogs in ecobeeRemoteSensorInit when it happens in one’s account. If you are experiencing update issues, you may want to activate a watchdog in the smartapp.

As I wrote to you, if you want the updates, you’d need to subscribe to my support packages as you replied too late for the “free updates”.

Regards.

Really? If there was a deadline, why didn’t you say so?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve sent multiple emails…

@yvesracine New user of your apps & Ecobee and like what I see so far – thanks for all the work you’ve put into these!

1 Like

Hi,

I sent a new release today to all active contributors of MyEcobee Device which allows the following:

• Events are now created for any updates of the remote sensors (even if the temperature has not changed in value).

• Better handling of multiple ecobee thermostats at a single user location within MyEcobeeInit (Service Manager).

The new version is available now at my store:

Just as a reminder, there is an ecosystem of smartapps compatible only with My Ecobee device at my github that can greatly simplify your HA scenarios (see my 1st post for more details):

There are also some advanced Zoned Heating/Cooling solutions at my store.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello Yves,

I really like the app! It works well here ! Thanks for you time creating it!

1 Like

@yvesracine Love the app. Recently bought it. The incremental changes are excellent. However, there is an issue with the most recent changes. Since events are being created for any updates, a lot of my SmartApps associated with the Ecobee3 remote sensors are getting spammed and activating when they should not be. I have several different things set up, but what’s happening is every single time a remote sensor is polled and it is still in it’s detected motion state for the 30 minutes after, SmartThings acts as though it is a new motion detected, when indeed it is not. So for example, I have one set up at night to alert me and sound an alarm if motion is detected in certain parts of my house that normally shouldn’t have motion late at night. I am having to wait the 30 minutes for the sensor to go back to no motion detected before I can activate the mode I set up for nighttime and security. If I don’t, it’s activating my alarm every 5 minutes when the device is polled.

1 Like

Hi @abc, if you don’t want to have the continuous events, just use the previous version of ecobee3RemoteSensorInit smartapp.

I made the changes b/c some people were complaining that they were not getting any regular polling events for a while.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi @yvesracine, thanks for the very quick reply. I’ll utilize your suggestion in the interim, but I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do once the next version comes out. I have had zero issues with polling and I’ve got 47 devices connected to SmartThings and who knows how many smartapps, pistons, etc. I guess I will cross that bridge when we get there. Thanks again.

I am also having the same issue. I get “motion detected” updates 30 minutes after any motion should be detected. Reverting back to the old version works for now, but I think in future implementations it would be nice to have configuration for push or polling type events.

@abc, @Gainondorf, I just sent out a new version that will generate a new event for the temperature capability only (not motion).

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the new update for just temperature, @yvesracine!

Just wanted to say how well everything is working since I started using yvesracine’s apps. I had been waiting for Keen’s long promised integration with Ecobee but finally gave up. Glad I went with this. Works great.

1 Like

'm new to Yves DTH and Smart Apps. It just works! If you want to marry your Ecobee3 to Smart Things this is the software to make it work at it’s peak.
I really like the App.
Worth the money!!!

2 Likes

Good news for all Android users out there! With the new ST mobile app (v2.2.2), the rendering of the HTLMTile seems to be working fine now.

So, all ST users out there should now see the RuntimeVs.Setpoints graph at the bottom of MyEcobee Device.

Regards.

2 Likes