*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

I don’t need or want extra drama in my life, and yet THIS freakin’ drama found ME in the form of a blast email tonight.

Yes, Yves, your DTH is really good. Yes, I paid for it. Yes, I found the “like my thread for updates” thing to be a tiny bit shady, but I figured, why not? But this email crosses a line. Under attack? Really? Somebody upthread called you out for being a little shady, and rather than say, “Hey, you know, you might have a point. I’ll work on that!” you got all defensive, a tiny bit offensive, and now you’re trying to save face.

Which makes me ask, why? Do we have the maturity of middle schoolers around here? Did SmartThings threaten to block your DTH? No. They said, “Hey, settle down, or we’ll lock the thread.” And all of us who paid for your DTH are now getting drama e-mailed to us so we can, what, rush into this thread to your defense? Dude, you made your bed, you lie in it. Not that there’s even much of a bed to lie in - You’re not “under attack,” nor do you need our support for anything other than saving face.

Yves, you’re a good developer, but that dude upthread was right - You’ve got some personality quirks you may want to take a really hard introspective look at.

Edit: And to you folks who posted comments in response to Yves’ email: C’mon. Really?

5 Likes