*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi, I understand that you would like to use physical thermostats in your zones/rooms, yes, it can be done in my zoning smartapps. In ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule, you can use any ST connected thermostats (zwave, zigbee, Nest, Honewell) in RoomSetup. For each room, you can associate the thermostat of your liking as long as it’s connected to SmartThings and follows the ST standard capabilities. However, the"slave thermostats" will be dependent on the main master thermostat in terms of setpoints & thermostat modes. You can use the virtual zone devices to adjust your “slave” thermostats’ setpoints based on some temp delta vs. the main thermostat’s setpoint (+/- 3F for example).

It’s really up to you to choose the best room/zone thermostat for your needs. I don’t know anything about your requirements (will it control some in-line baseboards, fireplaces, hot water valves, mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers ??) and this is bit outside of the scope of my code.

For windows/mini splits, and portable heaters/coolers, I can refer you to the Flair puck and my thread below.

Please refer to the ST community wiki for more details about zone/room thermostats in ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Use_Case_.239:_Control_of_zones.2Froom_thermostats

If you have some specific questions, it’s easier for me to keep track of your communications via gmail conversations at services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

P.S. Of course, you can also use a ST connected thermostat for its temp or motion sensor capability in my smartapps as long as they support the corresponding ST standard capabilities in their DTHs. For example, My Nest implementation does it just like My ecobee device.

Regards.