*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

remind me again on how i access the code?

Hi, if you have subscribed to the code already, you must have received a download link from sellfy, my e-ecommerce server. You can use the same download link for minor updates.

If not, you need to contribute to the code at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

For more details on the complimentary smartapps and use cases supported,refer to the 1st post of this thread.

Regards

thanks . I guess i will look to see if i have the email. I kept the receipt email but can’t find anything else.

HI, Send me an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com with your verified paypal address, and I can resend the sellfy download link to you.

thanks for the quick responses. I found the email.

Hi, if you don’t see the home or away commands on the DTH in webcore, it’s probably because you’re still referring to the ST stock device, and not My ecobee Device.

I’d recommend to remove the ST stock device to avoid any confusion as indicated in the prerequisites. Please follow all the prerequisites and instructions at the readme (as specified in the pdf installation files in the zip).

P. S. If you have any issues, you can also refer to the ST community wiki for troubleshooting. They are some screenshots for the installation.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Init#Troubleshooting

egards

Hi, I’m sorry but I don’t use Webcore. You should be able to scroll down the list of custom commands and see much more…You’re just looking at the first 24 commands present in the DTH.

The climate related commands are in the DTH code starting at line 300.

command "awake"
	command "away"
	command "present"
	command "home"
	command "asleep"

You should be able to see 93 commands total in the DTH.
Regards.

Well, in my DTH code, all commands are declared the same way… And, I use the home() commands in my smartapps without any issue every day for years.

You can use the ecobeeChangeMode smartapp on your end to test it.

So, this is definitively a new WebCore issue… Could you check at the WebCore forum?

I’ve never heard of such an issue before with WebCore. They may have changed something on their end. I know that they’ve had some performance issues recently…

Regards.

We previously discussed the unexplained vent obstructions that plague my system. The attached event list captures one such event and EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule’s attempts to restore normal operation.

EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule repeatedly cycles the vent off and on soon after it detects the supposed obstruction. This procedure succeeds only after manual removal and replacement of the battery. The vent then reports, “clearing.” An unknown source issues the command, “clearObstruction.” Normal operation resumes after EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule repeats the off/on sequence a few times.

As previously discussed. there is no physical obstruction. The mechanism moves freely. Perhaps the vent loses calibration. That might explain why the off/on sequence fails. Restoring normal operation would require reinitialization of the vent’s position.

Does the Keen vent support reinitialization by software command? If so, would you consider adding this capability to EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule?

Thank you

Hi @gaglaze, I’m sorry but ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule can only access the standard commands exposed by the Keen Home’s Device Handler.

And, there are no reinitialization/reset commands for this use case.

If you have any ‘obstructed’ issue with your vents, you should contact Keen Home support… I have not seen a persistent ‘obstructed’ issue at my home…
Regards.

Hi again,

You can also try a different device handler for the vents, refer to

Regards.

1 Like

Giving it a try. Thanks.

Hi Yves,

I’m getting the following error trying to add a DTH for either ‘My Ecobee Device’ or ‘My Remote Sensor’. I’m sure I must be doing something wrong but I can’t see it.

Error: Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_60aef431_c139_4b38_bd53_84ca6fb76214: 1: Invalid variable name. Must start with a letter but was:  . At [1:1] @ line 1, column 1. /* ^ 1 error

Can you suggest something to look at?

Hi, as indicated in the zip file, please follow all the prerequisites & installation steps in the README at my github.

In your case, it’s more likely a bad copy and paste of the source code (or a temporary issue with the IDE) . I’d recommend to use a desktop pc (not a tablet) to do the installation and use the Chrome or IE browser for the copy and paste operations and make sure to copy and paste all the code.

The installation steps have been tested over and over again at multiple user locations and shards, so you should be able to complete the steps without issues.

P. S. I’d appreciate for any support related questions to send them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com as it’s easier for me to get the context & all the past conversations.

Regards.

Hi @gaglaze, I hope that you’ve solved your obstructed issue.

FYI, in the last version of my zoning smartapps (v8.7.3a), I’ve integrated the clearObstruction command for the Keen Home vents only (as this command is not supported by all types of vents, ex. the Flair Vents and other z-wave vents). This is the only thing I can do on my side.

However, if your vents have this obstructed issue on a regular basis, I’d still recommend to contact Keen Home support and ask for a replacement.

Regards.

Thanks so much. I implemented the alternative device handler you suggested on the two vents most often obstructed. It’s only been 4 days, but no obstructions so far.

Your alternative device handler by jsconstantelos managed to clear an obstruction that the original handler could not. A vent using the original handler became both obstructed and unresponsive yesterday. The LED did not blink. Removing the battery to reset the vent accomplished nothing.

The jsc device handler also reported the vent as obstructed, but pressing the handler’s button on the ST app restored the blinking red light. Reset by removing the battery then restored normal operation.

The two vents previously converted to the jsc driver have been running problem-free for nine days now. I have delayed installing your v8.7.3a while evaluating the jcs driver.

Regards

Does ver 8.7.4 of ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule include the clearObstruction command you added to 8.7.3a? I installed 8.7.4 yesterday after one vent using the jsconstantelos DTH finally obstructed.

The jscconstantelos DTH nevertheless improved performance significantly. There has been just the one obstruction since installation of the alternative DTH late last month. Pressing the vent’s device button in the ST app successfully cleared that obstruction without need to remove and replace the battery.That offers hope that your incorporation of the clearObstruction command in 8.7.3a may do the trick.

Yes, it does include the command.

Hmmm… I think I have a problem… It seems like smartthings is out of sync with my t-stats. Though it is a bit confusing (to me).

If I go into my ST app, the information is really out of date; temps are not correct, and state of system not accurate.

When I look at events (confirmed on IDE) I mostly see events for remote sensors.