[RELEASE] Rental Lock Automater - Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, Booking, Expedia

Not sure why this hasn’t been suggested already, so I may as well ask…

Is there an alternative to SmartThings/Samsung hub that still works with RBoy RLA?
We use Schlage Zwave BE469ZP locks (I believe), and just happened to go with SmartThings hub and RBoy when we first started (2016)… since they’ve been working for us this whole time, there was no reason to change anything.

(rant alert)
Even though SmartThings cust service (up until now) has been great, I have no loyalty to them if they’re going to make a change that so greatly effects so many. If they didn’t want third party platforms stepping on their hardware, they should have created the tools to start with. Though I haven’t used SLGA yet (only because it has to be integrated in person so I’ll have to fly to the home just to install), it sounds like a poor excuse for a replacement of what was an awesome option, and everything else I’m seeing is exponentially more expensive. Pissed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Manage Rental Lock Codes And Home/Away after Groovy?

I believe the OP was asking the other way around: is there a way to keep the Rboy app but use a different hub?

And the answer is no, not at this time.

It should be possible to do with hubitat, which uses a similar development environment, and was done by some other third party for profit developers like Yves Racines’ HVAC SmartApps. But that’s been discussed for over a year on the hubitat forums and it just appears that they could never come to a business arrangement for that to happen. :man_shrugging:t2: not a technical issue, a financial one.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Manage Rental Lock Codes after Groovy?

I’ve created a new topic where people can discuss alternatives to RLA for managing lock codes on the new architecture:

Manage Rental Lock Codes after Groovy?

That should be easier to find for more people, and keep this thread from getting too far off topic. :sunglasses:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Manage Rental Lock Codes And Home/Away after Groovy?

I finally tried contacting Aurmur via Facebook (still haven’t heard from them), this is only part of the problems I am having with Aurmur.
Hello, I have sent support questions while logged into Aurmur, I have called only to be told to email, i have emailed…i am getting notification EVERY THREE HOURS that my own door code has been updated, i have not completed the message process because i have automated messages already through Airbnb and the codes set as the last four of the persons phone number…now i have zero idea what code is going to be sent, if my own code even works anymore, how long the battery is going to last with “updated code” happening every three hours and I now have a guest arriving in just a few hours and have not gotten ANY response…but you took my credit card info happily.

Aurmur seems to do things backwards, you can’t “choose” which product or service you want (messaging, button, or locks), you have to register (create a log in) first, then you have to enter credit card information, then the dashboard appears with ALL the products and services selected and no apparent way to “toggle” them off. I went ahead trying to do a set up, but got error messages first with Airbnb tie in, then not liking the token generated from smartthings, then both just seeming to work (but the lock names not appearing just “Lock 1, Lock 2.)” Then got to a screen of about five different messaging items to fill out (I don’t wan to bombard guests, then one i had going from ABB was working great). The very first was such a great idea with a picture of a lock to illustrate how to enter the code…EXCEPT, the message already says to the guest that this is what your lock looks like…and it is a Yale lock, ours are Schlage Connect locks.
I finally tried contacting Aurmur via Facebook (still haven’t heard from them), this is only part of the problems I am having with Aurmur.
Hello, I have sent support questions while logged into Aurmur, I have called only to be told to email, i have emailed…i am getting notification EVERY THREE HOURS that my own door code has been updated, i have not completed the message process because i have automated messages already through Airbnb and the codes set as the last four of the persons phone number…now i have zero idea what code is going to be sent, if my own code even works anymore, how long the battery is going to last with “updated code” happening every three hours and I now have a guest arriving in just a few hours and have not gotten ANY response…but you took my credit card info happily.

Any update on this @maddie @RBoy
Paid for 30+ licenses and Maddie stopped replying a long time ago. Now we are having problems with SLGA. What a waste of money this has been and the lack of support has been comical.

1 Like

In late 2022, to revisit Maddie’s messaging on RLA:
" You can make the payment to zelle@rboyapps.com via Zelle. I would like to highlight that as part of the migration process there may be a disruption in the apps as we transition from the old to the new platform. The licenses for the new platform will be based on a monthly subscription, however licenses purchased for the old platform via Zelle will be migrated automatically to the new platform once it is ready. You can decide if you would like to purchase a lifetime license at this time or wait for the new platform to purchase a monthly subscription."

It was shortly after sending Maddie money for a number licenses, RLA went defunct. I want to believe @MaddieAddie intent was not in bad faith and it was unforeseen. However, due to the lack of communication or timeline has been disappointing. It is clear he made thousands with RLA from this community so the least he can do is report in.

1 Like