[RELEASE] Remotec ZXT-120 AC IR Controller (2015)

I thought this used to work based on the hub settings but it doesn’t seem to be anymore. I don’t have time to debug this right now. Actually I am switch from SmartThings to Home Assistant because ST keeps breaking things so it might be a while before I get a change to look at this. If you walk through the code you will see all the place that I act on temp. Perhaps you can see if you find any hard coded farenheit settings.

Looking quickly I see “F” as the unit on lines 213-222. But the F doesn’t display in the new icon so I don’t think this matters.

The code on 476 is supposed to be using the cmdScale to correctly set temp. I log the results to look in the log and see if it is working. You could always change this to a hard coded “C” for your version.

def cmdScale = cmd.scale == 1 ? "F" : "C"
            log.debug "cmd.scale=$cmd.scale"
            log.debug "cmd.scaledSensorValue=$cmd.scaledSensorValue"

Hi Ron,
I hope you had time to log and check [michouko] request. If yes, can you please create DH for C, that everything will be C and another one for F where everything will be F.
Few more questions :

1. When I’m using Google Assistant I am able to to control my AC but I need to say “Set my Living Room Thermostat to Cool” I prefer “Set my Air Condition to Cool”, Is that possible to change ?
  2. My AC has a mode for FAN only without cooling or heating or Drying , Is this mode can be activated.
  3. One last thing , this information is for everyone that use Electra RC3 remote control for Electra AC. The Code that worked for me is 276 which NOT exist in in ZXT-120 (Air Conditioner) code list. This information really helped me…

Have just installed Ron’s device handler, and am up and running.

I note that the min heating temperature setpoint is 67F. Am interested in using a lower setpoint for use when away from home. I see where to change the setpoints in the code, but note that the comment states “ZXT-120 lowest settings is 67”. ANyone know if this is a limitation of the ZXT-120, or can I lower this value? Checked the tech specs in manual, and the only reference I could find there was a measurable range of 32-104F. Anybody have experience fiddling with these setpoint minimums?

Thanks!

Apologies if this was covered above, but unable to find during a search.

Page 18 of the user manual. The first slot of memory for specific temp ir codes (slot 2) is for 67F.

Don’t know what manual you were looking at. Are you referring to the AC manual?

You could of course use learning mode and put anything you want into that slot. But you will have to remember that you altered the slots and that 67 = 65 etc. Keep in mind also that the F degrees step by 2 degrees because the device actually uses integer celsius values and they translate to approx 2 degrees for each 1 degree.

Just learn 65F in slot 2, 67 in slot 3 etc. Then when you issue 67 degree which is slot 2 it would send the 65F setting to the AC. Annoying but that is the only hack you really could do.

You could alter the code more to accept 65, translate it to 67 in the code and issue slot 2. That would make the UI intuitive but you have to do some extra coding and it is nearly impossible to make sure you are getting it right. I would write a LOT to the logs if I attempted this.

Thanks @Ron. Was referencing the Remotec manual, but see now the section you are talking about. If I work up the courage I’ll try the learning approach. Just seems strange for the device to have such a (relatively) high minimum setpoint. I have Mitsubishi MSZ-FE12NA (from earlier comment sounds like you have the same unit). Native remote goes down to 59F. Would be nice to have a lower setpoint for when building is unoccupied.

That’s a great unit. I have 3 different models and this is my favorite.

Let me know how learning works out for you. I have used the learn for a space heater but never tried for the Mitsubishi’s so not sure how well it will work.

I have set the learning mode with code 000
But the UI is exactly the same as when I have set normal code not learn button avaliable

@b16b That isn’t my device handler. Not sure what you are using.

You can see what mine looks like in post 280

Can you give me here your latest device handler?

Is this one?

Also is easy for everyone to jump on Home assistant? And how will control there your a/C if you will sell the ZXT-120?

No use this one.

Thanks I will try at I reply ASAP propably tomorrow

Just tried this. Is there a way to place a auto tile instead of just cool, heat, and dry? Thanks a lot

The zxt-120 manual indicates it’s capabilities and all have been implemented. Auto is not a mode the device supports.

You have a few options to hack this.

1. If you place the device in Auto Mode and then just use On and Off it may work depending on the code key you select and the capabilities of the unit. On=Resume so if the device is left in Auto Mode then On could work to just resume the mode back on.

2. You could “learn” Auto, into the Cool or Heat group of codes. Enter the code 000 and then learn your auto settings into the slots you plan to use.

I have set as you write on your code add C to coolSliderControl and heatSliderControl so the sliders change to Celsius but the setpoint on next tile shows Fahrenheit is so strange any idea?

This used to work but I think SmartThings changed something. The tiles are supposed to follow your preferences for your hub. If you have the hub set to Celsius it should be reporting in Celsius. I just tested on my app by switching my hub to Celsius and it isn’t working. Not sure what they did to break this.

I don’t really have time to work on this and I am trying to move away from SmartThings because they don’t really support their community developers anymore. It’s a struggle to keep up with the things they break.

If anyone else has already debugged this and found the solution please share and I will alter my github.

UPDATE: I decided to have a quick look and found a fix. Update with this DH copy and it should work now.

thank you so much
also can tell us an easy way to move to home assistant as you? is easy? what is better and what not… etc
thank you so much

I relied to this question via PM because I think it would distract from the thread.

Thanks for the device handler. After extensive reading I managed to add ZXT-120 to my hub and to also control my AC. However I realised that the device is configurable only with the Classic Smarthings app and not the new own.
The “new” Smarthings app allows you to add the device but you cannot access it. It says “checking device status”. Have you faced the same the problem?

Most (all?) custom device handlers aren’t working in the new app yet.

Thank you mark, I was not aware of that.