[OBSOLETE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

Is it possible to also use this as a keypad?
This means that a ‘combination’ of buttons could be evaluated before activating a function like arm/disarm?

You could do that in core, an IF that expects a certain order of press’ before the THEN.

1 Like

Perhaps I am missing something blatantly obvious, but I cannot get my ZRC 90 to control any lights, etc. I was able to it as a device, but it does not show up as a “button” in any of the apps and I cannot figure out any way to get it to control anything or otherwise interact with the rest of my system. I am a newbie to this smart things stuff. I was able to figure out the Aeon Minimote without any problems but this ZRC has me completely stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You’ll need to use the custom device type handler which is in the first post of this thread.

If you haven’t used custom code with SmartThings before, here is the FAQ for that. It’s pretty straightforward, you’re basically going to copy the code from the first post and paste it into your own account. :sunglasses:

After that the device should show up as a button controller.

1 Like

Is there a smart app for this like there is for the Aeon Minimote Button Controller+ App and the Enerwave 7 Button Controller App?

If you are looking to just control lighting, then you could use this SmartApp:

If you are looking to control other devices you could use CoRE.

1 Like

Hi, Eric.

I’ve just tried to match ZRC-90 w/ my ST hub2.0, but despite it’s paired to ST, the current status didn’t change, even using your Device Type Handler.

Is there any step that I cloud have missed to make this remote work w/ my ST?

I also have two ZWN-SC7 working properly w/ your enhanced smart app to control lights… so that’s not the first time I install a device type or a smartapp from code…

Thanks in advance for supporting.

Hmmm, does it show anything in the “Recently” tab or does anything show in the logs when you push a button? Could it be a range issue? Try a button press while it is close to the hub. If none of that is working, I would try to exclude it and include it again.

It doesn’t show any information at “Recently” or at “Live Loggin”.

Before write to you, I had tryied:

1- to exclude the device and re-join it do my hub (far from it, and very close to it too).

2- to join my second ZRC-90 device unit, to check if it was a hardware problem.

3- re-enter the device handler code, and publish it to me.

I get always the same result at the device page:

• Name: “Zwave Remote” and not “Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master” as written in your code;
  • Data: “No data found for device”
  • Current States: “No states found”

My hub (v2 US customer rev E) is running over firmware version 000.015.00008.

My ZRC-90 (BW8510US V1_01) is properly set to Op: Operational mode

I don’t know what can bo wrong, if there is a firmware version issue or if am I missing some important step to make it work.

It sounds like you haven’t assigned the Remotec handler to the device. You need to go into the device in the IDE, click edit, and select the Remotec ZRC-90 handler from the dropdown list.

Thank you, Eric!

I was late in to answare back, cause I was busy making some tests.

After to select manually the device handler from the combo box, it worked fine!

The next issue is to handle double press (in order t use button# 9-16).

I was trying to set it up on your Button Controller - Enhanced Lighting smartapp, by choosing 16 buttons, but I could only work w/ buttons 1 to 8.

Have you any tip on how to do it?

Thanks you in advance for supporting.

I believe the Enhanced Lighting SmartApp would use button 17-24 as double press.

1-8 would be single press
9-16 would be held
17-24 double press

I butchered a smartapp to work with the Remotec ZRC-90. I’m by no means a coder so its pretty basic and might not work for everything.

It’ll turn on/off switches, toggle dimmers, toggle doorlock (sorta) switch modes, run routines, and do siren things. It can use single taps and double tap inputs from the remote for a total of 16 different actions. I haven’t figured out the held command yet but when i do it’ll be added.

UPDATE: I fixed a derp and added the held function, its now a 24 button app.

TODO: Add Hue light colors

https://github.com/SkyJedi/SmartThings/blob/master/smartapps/skyjedi/button-controller-extreme.src/button-controller-extreme.groovy

orginal smartapp built by dalec Here

1 Like

Having a hard time getting this thing to be discovered by SmartThings. Can someone give me a ‘how to’ on getting the ZRC-90 paired up with SmartThings?

Thanks

Press the L button under the battery cover and then search for it.

See the custom code FAQ. It sounds as though you may have tried to paste a device type handler into the smart app section.

not only have i done this, you criticized me for duplicating CoRE functionality in that thread.

1 Like

It wasn’t my intent to criticize you, I just asked what was different about your smart app from what core could do.

There are all kinds of variations of smart apps and Device type handlers as people add specific features that they want for their own use and then generously share them with the community.

You replied at the time that you just wanted something simpler than core, which is a good reason to do one. :sunglasses:

Sometimes people will put out their own device type Handler because they want a different kind of UI control. Choice is good. It’s just helpful to other people in the community to understand how one choice differs from another.

Double reply

Hi Eric. I am a total beginner in this and have some wall plugs, motions sensors and scene master. I have installed your device handler without any issues but how do i assign my wall plugs to each button? Maybe a stupid question but the app doesn not look the same as on your print screens. It seems like the rule machine is not there anymore?

Thansk for any advice

Fredrik