[OBSOLETE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

I was curious whether you could have the device when clicked on show each button state and be able to program it from there. An example would be the same as a smartthings button?

Any idea how long this takes? It’s been 24hrs since the batteries were changed and it’s still showing the old value.

The device has a read only value for its wakeInterval of 0 which means it only wakes up if you manually press the w button. From my experience the device will send a battery report if you manually wake it up with the w button or it will send a report if you remove and insert the batteries. So, the device should send a battery report every time you change out the batteries.

2 Likes

Thanks @erocm1231, read your message and did another battery pull with the new batteries just now and instantly updated to 100%! I tried the W button before after reading the manual, even tried adding a refresh tile to get it going :sweat_smile: not sure how I managed 6 days with an incorrect battery level, but all good now :+1:

2 Likes

Are there instructions for the ZRC-90 app in SmartThings. Just bought one. Thx

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. If you are talking about custom device handlers in SmartThings there are a bunch of posts about it.

1 Like

I understand the difference between a SmartApp and a Device Handler. I just dont understand the whole deal with GitHub and how to install the DTH. I like your Button DTH and would like to use it. Is there a one instruction set to install all DTHs? Thx., Don

The link I posted has the information you are requesting. Look at section 2.

1 Like

Has anyone created a video yet on how to add this zrc90 remote to smarthings? I know there is a lot of code talk going around. I still seem to be having a lot of issues getting this to work. Thank you

1 Like

I remember even following the manual, this device was very shy about joining the network, but it does, it just takes perseverance.

Good afternoon and sorry for my English. I am new to this great forum and it will be very helpful to get started. I wanted to ask if there is any smartapp so that the different modes of smarthings home monitor can be activated and deactivated with this command, which by pressing a button can connect the alarm and disconnect it. thank you

You can definitely do it with webCore. You might be able to do it without too. The new automation creator lets you do a bunch of things that used to be more difficult.

However, for me, it’s not obvious how to select a specific button in the new automation creator. The IF side definitely knows about button pushes, and the THEN side definitely knows about changing location/security mode, so it’s almost there.

Good morning and thank you for your answer. Webcore? Forgive my ignorance … how is it accessed?

No problem. WebCore (short for Web Community’s Own Rules Engine) is a smartapp you will need to install. It’s super-powerful. Instructions on how to set up can be found at https://wiki.webcore.co/webCoRE

1 Like

See the community FAQ. (The topic titled as a clickable link)

Good afternoon and thanks for your answers. I have managed to install the app but it does not let me pass the first screens. I attach photos to see if you can advise me. Greetings

Webcore has its own forum, so it’s best to ask webcore questions there. Plus it would be off-topic for this particular thread, which is about a specific device.

The webcore wiki might also help:

2 Likes

Eric I first want to thank you for the work you have done on the remotec ZRC for such a long period. I am a new to the smarthings “thing” and have added a few device included the ZRC. I followed your instructions and with the help of some of the other posters was able to add your Device handler and Smart app.

However I am running into the problem that everything is installed but I don’t seem to be able to get the ZRC to initiate any actions. I was wondering if you can tell me what I am missing.

• The device shows up
  • when I press a programmed button it lights up so there is a signal
  • I programmed the buttons

However there is no action. I can use switch on and off the light direct in the app on the smartplug dimmer but not from the ZRC.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me in the right direction.

Hmmm, it might have to do with the Smart App. I don’t really support that any more. There are several that should work with button devices such as SmartThings “Smart Lighting”.

got it fixed. I used your code for the Device Handler and ABC - Advanced Button Controller for the smart app. now it works fine. What I have to figure out is how to use double click function. Thx for the device handler.

2 Likes