[OBSOLETE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

@Wandarg Can you configure it in the classic app ok? As far as I can tell developers have been given no guidance on how to switch device handlers over to support the new app. All the documentation online refers to the Classic app, and there is nothing else. I have had somebody ask this on another device handler which I created and I genuinely cant find anything useful online anywhere to improve its performance in the new app. On the plus side, this is a device handler which I never even look at, other than getting it setup, everything else I do in Webcore.

1 Like

Like @cjcharles mentioned, I’m not sure how to update it. It is just a button device so the new app just needs to work with button events. I can’t imagine that they would change that process. Who knows . . .

1 Like

See the following discussion:

New app — which CUSTOM DTH’s will work?

1 Like

Thanks @JDRoberts , certainly seems to match my experience that there is STILL absolutely no guidance or information about how custom devices handlers should be built for the new app.

I can’t even see changes happening soon as there will be a shed load of testing needed I expect

1 Like

I wasn’t able to configure in the classic app. When tapping on the configure button. Nothing happens. I can do settings and change parameters for “hold” or activate debug mode thou.

The configure button sends configuration data behind the scenes so it won’t look like it does anything. This device doesn’t have any configuration parameters that can be sent anyway so you can just ignore the button.

Thank you. I got this working in the new app. Would be great if it was updated to work in the new app as I had to use webcore to customise each button. Nonetheless thanks for a great DTH. Such an excellent device the remotec.

1 Like

Sure, I can update it. What changes did you have to make to get it to work?

2 Likes

After adding the DTH and finding the remotec device it was showing as a button on the new app but no other information.

I edited the device in the IDE so it pointed to remotec custom dth then used webcore to program each button press. The 8 buttons did show on the device in the app at one point and now they don’t. I did so much playing around I can’t even remember all I do know is the way I have it at the moment, it works 100% of the time unlike my many Zigbee devices.

1 Like

I tested it in the new app and was able to include it. I can still use it in SmartApps like Smart Lighting and WebCoRE. It doesn’t work in the “IF - THEN” automation thing in the new app, but that thing seems pretty limited anyway.

1 Like

I was curious whether you could have the device when clicked on show each button state and be able to program it from there. An example would be the same as a smartthings button?

Any idea how long this takes? It’s been 24hrs since the batteries were changed and it’s still showing the old value.

The device has a read only value for its wakeInterval of 0 which means it only wakes up if you manually press the w button. From my experience the device will send a battery report if you manually wake it up with the w button or it will send a report if you remove and insert the batteries. So, the device should send a battery report every time you change out the batteries.

2 Likes

Thanks @erocm1231, read your message and did another battery pull with the new batteries just now and instantly updated to 100%! I tried the W button before after reading the manual, even tried adding a refresh tile to get it going :sweat_smile: not sure how I managed 6 days with an incorrect battery level, but all good now :+1:

2 Likes

Are there instructions for the ZRC-90 app in SmartThings. Just bought one. Thx

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. If you are talking about custom device handlers in SmartThings there are a bunch of posts about it.

1 Like

I understand the difference between a SmartApp and a Device Handler. I just dont understand the whole deal with GitHub and how to install the DTH. I like your Button DTH and would like to use it. Is there a one instruction set to install all DTHs? Thx., Don

The link I posted has the information you are requesting. Look at section 2.

1 Like

Has anyone created a video yet on how to add this zrc90 remote to smarthings? I know there is a lot of code talk going around. I still seem to be having a lot of issues getting this to work. Thank you

1 Like

I remember even following the manual, this device was very shy about joining the network, but it does, it just takes perseverance.