[OBSOLETE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

Hi Eric,
I try adding code for ZRC-90: erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/erocm123/remotec-zrc-90-scene-master.src/remotec-zrc-90-scene-master.groovy

and get error: Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_58367eb4_b175_4c43_853a_4bf6820a3e3d: 25: expecting ‘}’, found ‘,’ @ line 25, column 38. 25 attribute “sequenceNumber”, “number” ^ 1 error

pleae help… thanks

Hey John, I replied to your PM a couple days ago, but that error simply means that all of the code wasn’t copied and pasted into the IDE. Specifically it looks like you may have missed the final ‘}’ character. Some people find it easier to use the raw link because they can Ctrl+A and copy all of the text:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/master/devicetypes/erocm123/remotec-zrc-90-scene-master.src/remotec-zrc-90-scene-master.groovy

Is anybody using this device handler with core/webcore? I am finding that the state changes happen so quickly that core didn’t detect them, as a result nothing happens as the position doesn’t trigger. Is there a way of speeding things up or is there a setting in core/webcore to change? (They both behave the same in not triggering, but all of my other button devices seem fine)
I’ve included my piston here in case it’s useful but I don’t think relevant as it seems timing is the issue (ST sees everything fine)
Screenshot_20180814-074157_Chrome

Hey @cjcharles :), I haven’t used it with Webcore, but I am unsure how it would act differently then other button devices. I can test mine out. Curious what the “only while” is for.

i’m pretty sure the “only while” is an artifact from when he had “only while in ‘X’ mode” and then deleted the restricted mode but the “only while” text remained. (Little bug)

Indeed, the other Eric is correct!

I had it only in certain modes, but while trying to work out why it wasnt working I removed that requirement. I genuinely cant think of any other reason for it to not be working except for timing… It seems to behave the same in CoRE and WebCore which is what makes me think it must be timing related…

I’m using it, but in a different way. When I press a button to manually turn on a light, I pause the pistons where that light is used in. When I turn it off, I unpause same piston. Works good.

I just tested a similar piston and it is toggling the switch for me.

The only thing I can think of is if your “Bedroom” light is not reporting its status correctly. So the toggle thinks the light is off and sends an on command. This happens in a loop since the light never updates its status.

This is very strange. It’s not just toggling a light though, no action under core will ever fire under any circumstance, when this device is the trigger. And all the actions work fine in core when using other triggers, such as in any of my other rules. Might try excluding the device and readding to see if that helps, though again there aren’t any errors in any of the logs…

Hi All, I recently purchased a ZRC-90 controller and would like to configure as a scene controller. Following the instructions in this thread, it seems heavily dependent on Rule Machine. I understand this has been withdrawn, what alternatives have people been using to configure the controller now?

Webcore will sort you out. :slight_smile:

This might also work for your controller

There are tons of options out there. As mentioned, WebCoRE, ABC, also Smart Lighting, Button Controller, etc. Anything that can respond to “button” events will work with it.

1 Like

Hi, i’m kind of new to this so bare with me,I’ve installed the device handler for the ZCR Remote and set up the device and I can get it do control things via the lighting automation but I don’t get the configuration option on the device page in the Smartthings app, should something be happening when I press config?

No doubt i’m doing something wrong but any pointers would be appreciated.

Well after some reading ,which I somehow completely missed the first time, I saw how to install the Smart app “Button Controller - Enhanced Lighting”, so that helped a lot to get the ZRC to do things, although the ‘Config’ button in the ZRC page still does nothing when pressed.

Hi.

Got one of these a few days ago. Works great the the advanced button control smartapp. However. What does the number in the middle bottom mean. I see it changes but can’t figure it out? Also got new batteries in and only says 25%. Will this update?

That is just the z-wave sequence number for the scene report.

The battery value should update eventually.

Also the battery percentage is not calibrated, hence depending on the type of battery you have it may or may not show a useful percentage. For mine it shows 1% but has been working fine for 8 months with that magic 1%!!!

I get this error (and double checked several times to make sure I copy/pasted the whole code). Any ideas?

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_b92ee5f8_8036_4931_ba8f_3ebf74ccdd24.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_b92ee5f8_8036_4931_ba8f_3ebf74ccdd24$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_b92ee5f8_8036_4931_ba8f_3ebf74ccdd24$_run_closure1@392d68b] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)