[RELEASE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

Hi,

I recently bought the ZRC-90 after reading this post that it is usable with Smartthings. I was able to add the device in my Smartthings App and changed the device handler to “Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master”.

However by default Smartthings seems to be able to detect only “pushed/hold” and doesn’t recognize which button has been pressed.

Reading the different other posts in this thread, I tried to find “Smartthings Lights” but in recent version of Smartthings App version update 2021.10.23 this doesn’t seem to be available.

When trying to add the “Button Controller - Enhanced Lighting” SmartApp, I get error message:
“No signature of method: script_app_metadata_52d3a9d5_07b7_4e3d_8b78_b9ab8fce1eef.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_52d3a9d5_07b7_4e3d_8b78_b9ab8fce1eef$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_52d3a9d5_07b7_4e3d_8b78_b9ab8fce1eef$_run_closure1@2a74985c] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)”

Anybody with same issue and resolution to this challenge?

BR,

Benny

New Edge Driver for Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master, (8 Buttons Remote Controller)

• At the request of a user, I have added this remote control to the stock Beta driver Z-Wave Button
  • I have added it with the 8 buttons and the 4 native actions: “pushed”, “down_hold”, “double”, “held”
  • I have changed the name of the driver to Z-Wave Button Mc to differentiate it from the stock driver
┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Z-Wave Button Mc                     │
│ Version     │ 2022-03-03T16:05:10.04846            │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘

Link to the shared channel

SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things

3 Likes

I am having a difficult time getting this added. I installed the custom DH, made sure it was attached to the device. I do not see all the buttons under settings. Anything I can try?