Current Version 1.0
Release Date: June, 15 2017
Notes: added option to select multiple intro sounds before tts; added compatibility with Ask Alexa Message Queues
On March 18th EchoSistant Evolved was released to the public, as the only SmartThings app to use flexible Cron expressions to schedule recurring events. Shortly thereafter, the Notifications Add-on became one of the most popular features (besides making voice interactions with Alexa more natural). So much so that other developers are now starting to implement cron expressions to improve the reliability of their schedules.
In the past few months, the EchoSistant team has received several requests to make the scheduling app available to everyone, so that even people with no Alexa devices can benefit from one of the best scheduling apps on the ST platform.
After careful consideration, the EchoSistant team has decided to reshape the Notification Add-on so that it can serve users with or without Alexa devices.
Why forcing users without an Alexa device to install a custom skill in order to use the best scheduling app?
This is a thing of the past. As of today, you no longer have to! You can use the best of EchoSistant, without the hassle of installing an Amazon custom skill if you don’t need to send the notifications to an Alexa device.
Whether you need to know if someone is at your door, or when your next doctor appointment is, RemindR is there to ensure you don’t miss an important event, in the same way that Alexa is there to assist you via EchoSistant.
What is RemindR?
• A lightweight application that can deliver fast notifications to various media outlets such as TVs, mobile phones, connected speakers, Alexa devices and other mobile apps.
• A specialized application that ensures the scheduled notifications are heard
What RemindR does?
• Offers flexible scheduling with robust recurring engine using cron expressions
• Provides detailed ad-hoc reporting about the status of your home, using straightforward, real time saver - smart “&variables”
• Creates a view of the report so users can see what they built.
• Integrates seamlessly with other 3rd party apps. (Can trigger webCoRE pistons and run EchoSistant profiles)
• Uses Weather 3.0 engine to deliver versatile weather reporting for your area.
• Can trigger notifications for more than 30 events
• Can play 16 prerecorded sounds AND even your own custom mp3 sound
• Can replay (retrigger) a notification using 7 distinctive frequencies (from every minute to every 3 hours)
• Allows users to delay the first audio notification, so they can hear the welcoming messages upon arrival
• Allows users to delay a subsequent audio message, so that consecutive messages don’t get truncated
How to install RemindR?
For GitHub Integration use these credentials:
For manual install*, use the following two source code files:
Parent Smart App: click here
Child Smart App: click here
*If you need guidance on how to install a custom smart app, please read this this guide (FAQ )
What RemindR looks like?
- Notification Outputs:
- Retrigger Frequency:
- Custom &variable and report preview
- Weather Variables
- Ad-Hoc Variables
This app would not be possible without the tremendous contribution from the EchoSistant team members:
Last but not least, kudos to ST engineers for getting the scheduling right. I have been using this app for six months now, with 20 some reminders and NOT one has been missed.
HOW TO HELP …
The most valuable contribution to our efforts is joining our team by providing feedback, new ideas or contributing to the development of the EchoSystem, I mean EchoSistant…