SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] RemindR ~ don’t miss an important event!

smartapp_alerts
smartapp_weather
smartapp_voice
sonos

(Bobby) #101

Please update to R.0.0.10 and see if that works for you. If it doesn’t, please PM some logs so I can see what button number your door bell reports…

Thanks [quote=“SBDOBRESCU, post:101, topic:88399”]
Please update to R.0.0.10 and see if that works for you. If it doesn’t, please PM some logs so I can see what button number your door bell reports…
[/quote]

Updated both codes and have added the doorbell button to the Triggered Event list. Now to see if Amazon will ring one of my doorbell buttond.

(Bobby) #103

How do you try to achieve that?

Wait for todays Amazon delivery van to drop off my GE zwave switches. :slight_smile:
And get an SMS from your app.

(Bobby) #105

Ah…what door bell are you using?

(Bobby) #107

Did your Amazon delivery guy fired your Notification when your switches were dropped off?

(Brandon De Young) #108

Hi, trying to get a custom sound to trigger but don’t know what to type into the “Use This URI” field. Is it the URL to the MP3 file stored somewhere on the internet? For example, I put this test file in my Dropbox and then created a shareable link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tv7svs6asximxu/test.mp3?dl=0

But that won’t work. I’ve tested the trigger I’m using for another notification and that works. Just not this custom sound. Thoughts?

(Bobby) #109

I am no expert at this, but based on my personal observations, I know what the problem is. The sound must be mp3, it must be hosted and when you access it, it must be playing (direct access to the mp3). You don’t meet the 3rd condition.

Here is a custom sound that works:

< http://soundbible.com/mp3/Electronic_Chime-KevanGC-495939803.mp3 >

(Brandon De Young) #110

Oh okay gotcha. I have some ideas. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks!

(Bobby) #111

Please share if you get it working. Been trying to diversify the sounds too, but I couldn’t figure out how to get it working… :smile:

(Brandon De Young) #112

I got it working. My company owns a website so I uploaded a test audio file to be hosted on the same domain which creates a specific URL for the file and that seemed to do the trick. (https://deyoungproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/test.mp3). I guess this smart app just doesn’t work well with Dropbox links.

(Bobby) #113

Is not the smart app, is the method provided by the SmartThings API. My hands are tight on this one :smile:

Glad you got it working!

(Brandon De Young) #114

Ah gotcha. A couple more questions: Is there a reason the app asks for the length in seconds of the audio file? Perhaps if you just wanted to play the first part of a clip? Is there any limit to the amount of seconds you can do?

(Bobby) #115

Not sure if there is a limit, but the method provided requires a lenght. So I have to make up one on the back end if the lenght is not provided by the user

(Mark Povolo) #116

Hi, I am trying to use the ask alexa integration. RemindR sees the queues, including the new personal one I created in ask alexa. When I run an even with custom text, it never seems to go into the ask alexa queue. My guess is I have my notification type or something setup wrong. I even setup push notification and it does push to my mobile so I know it happens. But it never shows in Ask Alexa.

any ideas

thanks

(Bobby) #117

What is your trigger? And what is your text? I would need to replicate to see why it would not send you the push…

(Mark Povolo) #118

Hi. Here is what I setup.

(Micheal ) #119

If it helps, I worked with Mark and sent him to you. Watching his event log, I am not seeing RemindR sending anything over to Ask Alexa. Let me know if I missed anything.

(Bobby) #120

Thanks for the heads up. I am trying to replicate @Mpovolo issue now :slight_smile: