[OBSOLETE] RemindR ~ don’t miss an important event!

Hello, I just downloaded the app and am having trouble getting a custom sound to play. I have tested playing a standard notification and that works, but when I try my custom sound, it doesn’t work. I have tested the URL (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xdqpn1qvj616ivc/AOL-gotmail.mp3) and it works as I would expect - any ideas on how to fix this?

Please post a screenshot of the live logs for the profile when you run it.

1 Like

Hi @bamarayne, thanks for the follow-up. I’m sorry but I’m afraid I don’t know how to do what you’re asking - can you provide any guidance here?

Is RemindR still working? I have it configured and it see my Echo Dot’s and nothing gets sent out. I even configured the SMS messaging so that I would get a text alert and nothing is going to my phone.

Hey I got the app all setup and it started working when motion was detected at my Ring Doorbell but not on an actual doorbell button press. Which is somewhat ok, I could live with that. Though false alarms may get annoying.

What I can’t figure out is how to stop Remindr from, well, working. Like, is there a stop button?! So once someone rings my doorbell, the sonos speakers start playing a chime and then I can turn it off or it will automatically stop after say, 1 minute of ringing. I’m only seeing the option to repeat itself every say 1 minute but nothing to play for only 1 minute, then turn itself off. Unless I am missing something?

Thanks,

Does anyone know if this app is still being updated?

It’s kind of yes and no

1 Like

I still use it … it is the only app I know right now that allows you to use echo in multiple different language voices.

1 Like

I’ve installed this but am unable to get any sounds to play. If I select an Echo as a TTS device, then it will speak, but nothings happens when I select it as a music player. I’m using the latest version of Echo Speaks. In the logs for my Echo’s I can see where it sends the playTrackAndRestore command but it doesn’t seem to execute it. Does this sound like an issue on RemindR’s end or Echo Speaks?

Thanks!