[OBSOLETE] RemindR ~ don’t miss an important event!

Thank you for reporting the bug! Your logs made it super easy to fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have to say this SmartApp is really the ‘Dogs…!’ :grin:

Only discovered it recently but is is so versatile and allows me to simultaneously chime my Dome Sirens with voice notifications on Sonos etc. not to mention it is super easy to set-up and get going.

I do love this Community! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks to @pizzinini , everyone can now use Polly multi language text to speech. Please update Echo : RemindRProfiles and give it a try.

3 Likes

All credit goes to @ule . I used the code from his updated MediarenderEvents app.

1 Like

Hi @SBDOBRESCU finally got the app working with some help from @chippie using a ring doorbell but theres a delay with the notification sound to my sonos. Can you help?
Has anyone seen this before?

09:42:13: info delayed message is now playing
09:42:07: error message is already playing, delaying new message by 5.993 seconds (raw delay = 4.0, elapsed time = 0.007)
09:42:07: debug sendNotificationEvent sent to 3rd party as Test was active
09:42:07: info processing eTxt = Front Doorbell is pushed

That is a feature not a bug. The delay is there to prevent consecutive messages overlapping. The app attempts to calculate how much delay you need to ensure the messages are played at full length.

Based on elapsed time = 0.007, it looks like your doorbell is sending multiple messages, which would result in a truncated message being played.

Heads up! Yesterday’s update may break existing text to speech notifications. You may need to open and click done on each profile to refresh the code.

@SBDOBRESCU Thanks for the feedback Bobby, finally got it working setting the delay to 0.1 seconds, still not a clue what the first competing message was that was being sent, but the minimal delay is better than 6 seconds.

Thanks! Now to set up more notifications!

1 Like

Another brilliant app!

Question - I like the way the notifications can be setup, using the UI etc but there are some times when I would need webCoRe due to complex rules and actions I need taken. Any way to trigger a RemindR profile from webCoRe?

Another question… What about an escalation?

For example, I have multiple reminders I just set up, where 10 minutes before I need to leave for specific things I start reminding me, with a restriction of my presence sensor being present and retrigger every minute. (I may need to change this to every 2-3 minutes, we will see.)

But it would be great if there was a way to play either a different message or a different sound if the reminder has played for X times. So after 10 times (assuming I set it up 10 minutes early and retrigger every minute) it would escalate the alert.

I tried adding 2 new events and saved, but when I go back into the app it shows as if there is nothing is there? it this a bug?

after you installed the app, did you go into your ST app, tap on Automations, and then open RemindR?

I went into Marketplace>My Apps>RemindR
I also see RemindRProfiles

Is this the correct area where I need to configure the events?

that is where you install the app.

Once you have installed it, go Automations/SmartApps and scroll down to RemindR. There is where you will manage all of your child apps for the program. You only install it once.

1 Like

ok makes sense,

Does this work with Google Homes with announce the state of a contact (ie. contact open or closed)?
Do I need a seperate tablet or phone running this app to make this work?

1 Like

Hi @SBDOBRESCU It’s working OK but still has a long delay, around 6 seconds…
Can you offer any assistance on the below? I rang my Ring doorbell at 15:59:36 and the message to play didnt reach the sonos until 15:59:42. I have several XML debug messages in live logging as below:

15:59:36: trace uuid; RINCON_B8E937B236C001400
db557845-c45e-4d91-aa56-08d8032e2fe1
15:59:36: debug Not parsing XML message:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:SetVolumeResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1">
</u:SetVolumeResponse>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
db557845-c45e-4d91-aa56-08d8032e2fe1

15:59:36: debug Not parsing XML message:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:StopResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1">
</u:StopResponse>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Those look like Ring logs. Unfortunately you are up against multiple clouds and in my experience, Ring is pretty slow… I tend to say that 6 seconds is fairly decent.

@SBDOBRESCU Is it possible to get the message variables updated during the reminders? If I had &time in the message, have it updated to the current time.

That’s what it suppose to do…