[NEEDS UPDATING] Raspberry Pi Relay Controller (WebIOPi)

Hello guys
Many thanks eBeech. The info shared here is great.

I’ve been looking for alternatives to make something like Scott_Barnard5d1 and rledonne said.
I found BerryIO and gave it a try (no luck for me). Anyway it’s an interesting code and I prefer the way it’s made: https://github.com/nicholaswilde/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/nicholaswilde/raspberry-pi.src/raspberry-pi.groovy
To use WebIOPi to make a “pulse” to open a garage door, I think the better option is to make the release operation inside a python webiopi macro (inside your Raspberry Pi). This way you will guarantee the relay release operation after push the button (no internet, no SmartTings, no SmartPhone in the middle).
The second problem is to inform SmartThings App that the output is off again. This thread (OpenWRT as a presence control) has a bash script that ilustrate how you could inform SmartThings that something changed Presence Detection using DD-WRT Router Script

As I said before, I’m working on my own solution to all this. I will share my code if I finally get something usefull.