[RELEASE] Qubino Flush 1D Relay, Flush 2 Relays, Flush 1 Relay, & Flush Dimmer

Yes. I rarely use the new app. Only if the classic can’t discover a device.

Anyone having problems with Qubino devices disappear when you add new devices?
I’ve had issues for about six months now- have 109 devices total. For example, added a new Hue bulb today and one of my Qubino dimmers disappeared. Now not in IDE, Classic or new app lists.
When this happened last time I added a device I thought my Qubino dimmer had co-incidentally gone faulty. No matter what way I tried to reset/ include I just couldn’t get it to join again. I now suspect there”s something else going on as I’m up to three “faulty” Qubino’s that I just can’t get SmartThings to see. They all work fine as “local” dimmers.
I also struggling to get reliable discovery of the spare Qubino’s I have.

Is anyone else having similar problems, and also can anyone tell me if they’re still getting reliable discovery using I1 method?

Thanks!

I haven’t had devices disappear, but including / excluding devices has been hit or miss lately. Rebooting my hub sometimes works. There has been something funky going on with SmartThings over the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Thanks Eric.
I tried a full reset in Smartthings which went wrong and hub never recovered- now shown offline.

Smartthings support said they couldn’t do anything as they no longer had required permissions and told me I’d need to try to start deleting Ethernet devices, then Z-wave devices until it recovered- or if I deleted everything ask them to then re-associate my hub.

I deleted the Ethernet devices with no luck and was not going to re-associate the 100 or so Z-wave devices- so for me Smartthings is no more. I can’t have a cloud company having the power to bin that much work on a whim.

I’ve tried Homeseer and 5 “faulty” Qubino dimmers that would just not associate with Smarttings now work fine- although the Qubino reset association is really twitchy- particularly using I1!

Not sold on Homeseer yet- some things better, some worse- but I’m not sure there is yet a better “local” controller on the market. I also have Domoticz in mind but it’s the amount of time to try each…

I will say the Qubino drivers aren’t a patch on yours and thanks for your help and work!

If anyone has any suggestions on other controllers which work well with Qubino with I2/ I3 support I’d appreciate a PM with your comments!

1 Like

I am hoping that I am in proper location to post these questions. I new to both Smartthings and the Qubino Flush 1D Relay. My primary goal is to setup an alert notification/text message when the “I2” sensor is activated. I have spent several days trying to get this to work with no luck. I have downloaded and created the Qubino Flush 1D Relay handler posted by Eric above (Thanks!) I also downloaded and created the Child Device Handler so I can leverage the I2 input. After I add the new device for device type “Flush 1D Relay”, it autogenerates 2 devices, one for relay and one for the (i2) sensor on the iPhone app. This is a bit confusing as when I add the device type for the child sensor, it also creates a new device in the iPhone app. I end up with 3 devices, one for the primary relay and 2 for the I2 sensors on the iPhone app. In the device list on the IDE, I do only see the 2 devices I created and the relay shows as status offline/online (changes to offline after a period of time) and the child device for the I2 sensor shows active. I usually have to go edit the device and click update to “wake it up” so the status changes back to online. I did edit some of the default parameters, for example, Parameter 1 set to momentary switch versus binary, Parameter 2 set to Normally Open for I2 and I2 set for Home Security. At this point I would be happy if I could just trigger the I2 sensor. I will have a security sensor that has a normally open connection. I am powering the Qubino device using 24VDC. For testing purposes, I am just using a piece of wire to simulate a closed connection by shorting the “L” connection directly to the “I2” connection. I never see any results or changes when I do this, even in the logs. As a different test to see if the relay is working, I can shunt the “L” connection to the " I1" to simulate a push button connection and I can definitely hear the relay click on and off. By default the child device object shows graphically that it is in an open state. I would think that shorting this connection to make it a closed connection would toggle the state to closed. I never see this happen nor do I see any activity specific to simulating a closed connection in the logs. At this point, I cannot even tell if the Qubino Device is really connected to the Smartthings hub properly. Here is what I am seeing in the logs specific to the relay device:

12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 450 (command)
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 120 is unknown
12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 110 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 100 is unknown
12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 63 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 30 is unknown
12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 12 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 11 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 15 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 10 is unknown
12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 2 is unknown
12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug Current value of parameter 1 is unknown
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎12‎ ‎PM: debug configure()
‎12‎:‎26‎:‎06‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @line 450 (command)
12‎:‎26‎:‎06‎ ‎PM: debug refresh()
12‎:‎25‎:‎45‎ ‎PM: error physicalgraph.exception.NotFoundException: Device type not found, name: Motion Sensor Child Device @line 265 (updated)
‎12‎:‎25‎:‎45‎ ‎PM: debug updated()

I am quite frankly stuck and not sure how to proceed other than to abandon this relay and go with something much simpler. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps, here is how my relay is wired. I have a 24VDC 3 Amp power supply. I have connected + to “N” and - to “L” (This is proper per Qubino’s wiring diagram but the opposite of 120/220VAC connection). I then would connect my normally open sensor to “L” and “I2” Today that is all I am after. However, long term, I will connect a 24V strobe LED Strobe light/alarm to the “Q” connections. I was even going to utilize the “I1” as a panic button.
Thanks again!

Jeff

While you’re waiting for Eric, since I have some qubino single relay modules currently working, I’ll try to help.

1. You should perform a factory reset. Especially right now when things got messed up.
  2. Also, it appears that you didn’t install motion child device.
  3. What smartthings app are you using? Make sure you use the classic app.
  4. For testing purposes, change as few parameters as possible then test it to make sure the device is installed correctly.
  5. Besides this forum, you can also email thesmartesthouse. They are really helpful when i had problems with those qubino modules.
  6. After inclusion, i have 3 devices. 1 ‘mother’ and 2 child devices
  7. You can also try relays from Fibaro which seem to work more reliable (for me) although the interactions between mother and childs a little bit different in fibaro modules

I’m a noob to the Qubino here and I’m having a bit of hard time understanding the instructions for the Flush 1D. Obviously I’m using the Classic app. I’ve managed to get the right DTH installed and added the 1D to my network (oddly I could only get that to work in 120VAC mode… luckily I’m ready for both 120VAC and 24VDC modes here). I’ve also got contact-sensor-child-device installed. Obviously both DTH’s have been properly assigned to the Qubino and the child device.

Anyway, my goal is to use I1 to trigger a momentary closure (maybe 250 miliseconds… I’m flexible) and also to use I2 to detect momentary input events (the input buzzer from a doorbell system). I can’t seem to decipher the necessary configurations for either part of my custom config. Maybe there’s a list of values I’m missing somewhere?

a) I tried setting I1 to 1, which I gather is “momentary closure” , but I’m still getting bi-stable on/off functionality.

b) I have no idea how to get I2 to work… I’m using a jumper to connect L-I2 and I’m not seeing anything change in the app, it just says “Input 2 OPEN” all the time, weather it is jumpered or not.

Any ideas on what I should try next would be much appreciated.

I haven’t solved everything yet, but thanks to a few emails back and forth with Qubino support (which is located in Slovenia), I have made some meaningful progress. Here are the key details I couldn’t find anywhere else, hence I’m posting them:

1. Configure the Qubino via the Classic App’s gear icon in the upper right of the device not through the IDE . I’m not sure why the IDE even has a device parameter edit page! The parameter I happen to care about (I2 input config) is not available in the IDE page, but it does show in the Classic App config page.
  2. Device inclusion methods are deterministic based on the power supply type. This is more clear in the “extended manual” that support sent me. I could not get autojoin to work. To manually join a network:
    ** In AC mode: Toggle the switch connected to the I1 terminal 3 times within 3 seconds.
    ** In DC mode: press and hold the S (Service) button between 2 and 6 seconds.
  3. The Qubino needs to be removed-then-re-joined after… some?.. config changes. Enabling “parameter 100” (which turns on the I2 input detector) required a rejoin. Changing some of the other parameters (like Bi-stable / Push-button mode) does not. I’m not sure what the rules are for which changes need a re-join. Perhaps things that have any value from the factor can be changed on the fly (like Bi-stable/Push-button, which has a default to Bi-stable), but setting something “new” requires the re-join (param 100 did not have a value set from the factor, not even a default).

Actually IDE shows those parameters as i2 and i3, but you can’t set the value using 0-6,9

I tried to set as Motion sensor and Contact sensor via Classic App and removed and rejoined device - but it just shows Active/Open and doesn’t change its state.

For my old qubino Flush Relay 1(device model “0002”) I can see:

handler is looking for notification report to parse state of the sensor:

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.notificationv3.NotificationReport cmd) {
logging(“NotificationReport: $cmd”, 2)
def result
if (cmd.notificationType == 2 || cmd.notificationType == 3) {
def children = childDevices
def childDevice = children.find{it.deviceNetworkId.endsWith("-i2")}
switch (cmd.event) {
case 0:
switch(settings.“i2”)
{
case “Motion Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “motion”, value: “active”)
break
case “Carbon Monoxide Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “carbonMonoxide”, value: “detected”)
break
case “Carbon Dioxide Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “carbonDioxide”, value: “detected”)
break
case “Water Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “water”, value: “wet”)
break
case “Smoke Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “smoke”, value: “detected”)
break
case “Contact Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “contact”, value: “open”)
break
}
break
case 2:
switch(settings.“i2”)
{
case “Motion Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “motion”, value: “inactive”)
break
case “Carbon Monoxide Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “carbonMonoxide”, value: “clear”)
break
case “Carbon Dioxide Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “carbonDioxide”, value: “clear”)
break
case “Water Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “water”, value: “dry”)
break
case “Smoke Detector Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “smoke”, value: “clear”)
break
case “Contact Sensor Child Device”:
childDevice.sendEvent(name: “contact”, value: “closed”)
break
}
break
}
}

But in the live log I can see:

When I close input i2
Curtans lights: Unhandled: MultiInstanceCmdEncap(parameter: [255], command: 3, instance: 2, commandClass: 48)

description: zw device: 15, command: 6006, payload: 02 30 03 FF

When I open input i2

Curtans lights: Unhandled: MultiInstanceCmdEncap(parameter: [0], command: 3, instance: 2, commandClass: 48)

description: zw device: 15, command: 6006, payload: 02 30 03 00

I am trying to understand how to parse such command.

TADA!!
I was able to fix it!
Looks that my model is very very old ( 0002 instead of 0053 like in DH fingerprint) with PN ZMNHAA2

first we need to use old Multi Instance Command Class V1 instead of MultiChannel V3

replace
def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x20: 1, 0x70: 1])
with
def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x20: 1, 0x70: 1,0x60: 1])

then add MultiInstanceCmdEncap event handler

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multiinstancev1.MultiInstanceCmdEncap cmd) {
        def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand([0x30: 1])
        log.debug ("multiinstancev1.MultiInstanceCmdEncap: command from instance ${cmd.instance}: ${encapsulatedCommand} ${encapsulatedCommand.sensorValue}")

def children = childDevices
    	def childDevice = children.find{it.deviceNetworkId.endsWith("-i${cmd.instance}")}
    		switch (encapsulatedCommand.sensorValue) {
    			case 0:
                    switch(settings."i${cmd.instance}")
                    {
                        case "Motion Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "active")
                        break
                        case "Carbon Monoxide Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "carbonMonoxide", value: "detected")
                        break
                        case "Carbon Dioxide Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "carbonDioxide", value: "detected")
                        break
                        case "Water Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "water", value: "wet")
                        break
                        case "Smoke Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "smoke", value: "detected")
                        break
                        case "Contact Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "contact", value: "open")
                        break
                    }
    			break
    			case 255:
                    switch(settings."i${cmd.instance}")
                    {
    			        case "Motion Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "inactive")
                        break
                        case "Carbon Monoxide Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "carbonMonoxide", value: "clear")
                        break
                        case "Carbon Dioxide Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "carbonDioxide", value: "clear")
                        break
                        case "Water Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "water", value: "dry")
                        break
                        case "Smoke Detector Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "smoke", value: "clear")
                        break
                        case "Contact Sensor Child Device":
                            childDevice.sendEvent(name: "contact", value: "closed")
                        break
                    }
    			break
    		}

}

I have my qubino set up with a BRK relay to switch with the smoke detectors. The child device 1 is set to smoke detector child device but does not switch between clear and smoke, only on and off in the log. SHM doesn’t detect the change either. Looks like a change in the device handlers would be needed. @erocm1231

I am also getting this error with the qubino flush 2 in the ST logs: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘dateCreated’ on null object @line 143 (zwaveEvent)

Which device are you using with the BRK?

On the error, what is happening when the error shows up? The line number doesn’t match with the code in the handler so it isn’t ringing any bells. I wonder if it is an incorrectly formatted z-wave report.

Qubino flush 2 and first alert smoke detectors. The switch on the qubino does change correctly with a push of the smoke alarm test button. Perhaps the zwaveEvent error occurred after I was tinkering with the device handlers. Refreshing from your github repo seems to solve that.

I’m thinking the smoke detector child device needs more code dictating when it switches between clear and smoke, but you’re the expert. The logs only show it switching between on and off.

The flush 2 is a little different than some of the other Qubino handlers I have made. It has i1 & i2 which are primarily used for external switches. So I didn’t set up the child devices like I did with some of the other devices.

Ok. Which one do I need than? The flush 1 or the flush 1d?

Hi. I am using the Qubino Flush 1D relay to control a garage door. I have also connected it to a magnetic contact switch. I have installed both the “erocm123 : Qubino Flush 1D Relay” “erocm123 : Contact Sensor Child Device” device handlers.

I currently use the settings shown in the picture below.

Upon saving those settings a Contact Sensor Child Device was automatically added under the Qubino Flush 1D Relay Device.

The problem is that even though the sensor seems to be registered by the hub I am not able to see its status in the app, neither under the relay device nor as a separate device. Des anyone know what I am missing, and what I have to do to be able to see the status of the sensor in the app?

As I bought the hub and the relay this week I am using the new app. I hope that is not the main problem.

It is probably the new app. Try it on the classic app to see if that works.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.