[OBSOLETE] Qubino Flush 1D Relay, Flush 2 Relays, Flush 1 Relay, & Flush Dimmer

Hi,

I’ve just wired up my Flush 1. The only terminal I’m using is i1 and I also have a temp sensor connected. The device is going to be used to control underfloor heating.

I’ve installed the device handlers for Flush 1 in the top of this post using GitHub integration and added the device to smartthings. The problem is that I’m getting no information from the device in the app and turning on and off the device doesn’t work. It just hangs on “turning off/on”.

I switched the device handler to “z-wave switch” and doing this, I can turn on and off the device but obviously no power or temp information.

I’ve excluded and included the device a couple of times now by holing the reset button for 6 secs to exclude and 2 secs to include.

I also renamed the device ID, which created new child devices.

In the app the orange blob on configure never disappears. If I go into settings and change values and save I get multiple random messages saying “Current value of parameter XXX is unknown”. The parameter numbers are different each time.

Any ideas?

Yes, see my post further up in this thread:

Then when I figured it out (also in this thread):

So your solution was to take it closer to the hub? I don’t think I have the same issue because my hub is very close to the device.

I’ve just now tried the “Z-wave metering device” as the device handler I can turn on/off the device and see the power draw. It all updates correctly.

If I switch back to the custom device handler, I can see the temperature but I’m not seeing any updates and still having the same issues above.

I don’t really need l2 and l3, but I do need the temperature so maybe I can put together a device handler from the “Z-wave metering device” and add temperature in. I’m not a coder though so it will be difficult for me to do.

Yes, in my case I had not had a successful inclusion initially and moving closer resolved that. Sorry to hear that’s not your issue. I do think the device is finicky period with regards to inclusion. It can take many tries.

I will say since I got it working it has been great. Much better than my Flush 2 which is much closer to the hub yet is terrible about updating switch status.

OK so I took the “Z wave metering device” and copied all the code relating to temperature from the device handler in this thread. I published my custom device handler and I now see on/off status, power draw, total power and temperature. They seem to be working ok.

I think the issue is that the device is not accepting the parameters that are set within the device handler because this custom device handler has no settings at all and will have the default, out of the box device settings.

Hopefully this will continue to work for me but maybe someone else knows how to resolve my original issue?

Oh that’s not good to hear because I’m seriously looking at that device to replace an old Vizia 2 button zwave scene controller. I wonder if the Fibaro is better.

1 Like

I have a few of the fibaro dimmers for my lights and they work perfectly.

The only reason I chose qubino this time is because I needed temperature readings. Using my new custom device handler, it has been working all night. It turns off/on and has been reporting temp changes.

However i2 and i3 will not work. This isn’t a problem for me because I don’t need them.

What does the data and raw description show for the device in the IDE? Should look something like this:

Hello everybody, I just installed a flush2d and I’m facing this problem. Wire connection is ok because the qubino is correctly switched on and the lamp connected is normally switched on and off from the toggle. I’m using the Eric’s DH and I can easily add the qubino to the network. Once the the qubino is inside I try to command it by the phone but it doesn’t feel my command and also it doesn’t update any kind of information, it doesn’t feel the lamp on or off even the consumption too. Any help from you is appreciated. Thanks

Let me update what I wrote before. If I remove the device and join again, it works 4 or 5 times, I can switch on and off the light from the phone. The status never change and after some seconds from the installation the qubino stop to communicate with the app.

Fixed it , I was just pressing for too long time the switch . You only need to press for a second and at discover it. If you press for 5 secs as me you get it mad. Sorry for annoying you

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone help me with this?

I need to remove the relationship between the inputs and outputs.
I would like to be able to read the status of the inputs and eventually with some App modify the states of the outputs.
It would be nice to be able to see the status of the 2 inputs and the 2 outputs independently.

Thanks!

Basically I would like to use the Qubino Flush 2 Relays module as a mini-PLC (2 in, 2 out) using webCoRe.

Any idea???

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this - works perfectly for me and at last I can change config etc.

Great job.

Edit - one peculiar problem. All devices I’ve changed over to these handlers shows in Alexa app as unresponsive. They still work, but Alexa says “xxxx is not responding”, even though they do. This is particular to only the devices using these handlers. I’ve tried a hub reset and network repair, but no joy.

Any ideas how to solve that?

Cheers

1 Like

Hello @erocm1231, I’ve just bought a smartthings hub and have been trying to set it up with your DTHs for my Qubino Flush Dimmers and Relays. First of all big thank you for your work on these!

I’ve got it working perfectly with the dimmers, and I can set parameters etc correctly and the changes are applied instantly.

With the relays, when I include them they show up as Qubino Flush 1 Relay and 2 Relay respectively, and the child items get added for the 2 relay automatically. However they then don’t respond to commands properly, and I can’t set any parameters from the Smartthings app. When I try and then hit save, the configure button shows the orange dot next to the icon and this never disappears. I’ve tried excluding and re-including multiple times but it never gets working properly.

Are there any known issues or am I not configuring something correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishna

What is the data & fingerprint for all three devices? Maybe Qubino changed them to default join as secure.

Flush 1 Relay:

Flush 2 Relay:

They may be different because because I tried turning off secure mode on the hub when I re-included the Flush 2 Relay.

Your flush 1 relay joined with s0 security and the flush 2 didn’t.

I had the same issue when adding a new flush 1 relay a couple of days ago. Some changes to the device handler to enable secure commands solved the problem. I can post the code later today.

The issue only occured with the flush 1 relay; an also new dimmer and flush 2 relay joined without secure inclusion.

But neither device is responding properly, both the flush 1 and 2 relays won’t accept any parameter changes.

I compared the raw description of your Flush 2 relay and its firmware version is the same as one of mine (5.00). Normally, it should work with the device handler of erocm1231.

For the Flush 1 Relay, this is the code of the modified device handlers, I hope that it is useful to you.