[OBSOLETE] Plex Home Theatre Manager SmartApp

@tonesto7

Same issue. Only detects my phone as a client. The first version actually detected additional clients as long as I had them playing when I opened “select your clients…”. I have tried the same with this version and no joy.

Same problem for me as well still getting the error. Thanks for looking at it though @tonesto7
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -6 @ line 179

Ok.
Can you remove any old versions\unused or odd devices from your plex server? https://app.plex.tv/web/app#!/settings/devices
I really don’t like that it create a new device for every version update for every device listed there instead of just updating the version of the device\client.

I just have to ask… Did you just update\overwrite the existing code and use the same app that was installed? or did you remove the existing app and make sure the old devices were removed and reinstall the app as new?

No I completely removed everything and then put it back in. It’s gotta be something I’m doing wrong I guess

I completely removed the device, device handler, and smartapp then reinstalled everything.

I have a theory… not sure if it’s correct though as I am definitely not a coder - just a good theorist/troubleshooter (sysadmin lol).

The code calls for any device with provide=“player”, which excludes all but 3 of my devices (mobile, XBox 360, and a PleXBMC client) then converts the metwork ID to just the IP address, correct?

In my devices.xml file, all three devices have the same publicAddress - My phone being the last of them. Do you think they may be overwriting each other and only reporting the last device found?

I haven’t actually tested to see if the app reports status of my mobile since I don’t really care about status of it in the grand scheme of things. The client I’m after is the PS3 since we use it as my home theater and would like to control the lights based on its status.

So I’ve installed the device handler and the smart app. After that I goto marketplace my apps and try to install the plex manager. After I enter in all the details about the server and username and pass, I click next and then nothing happens. If I goto the log I see that error java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -6 @ line 179.

After installing the device handler, I havent done anything with it. I never went to my devices and added it as a device of that matters

@Larry_McFarlin @axyr

Just out of my own curiosity when you go here roughly how many devices do you see?
https://app.plex.tv/web/app#!/settings/devices

I’ve got 22 device in there at the moment I’ll clear them all out except for my roku

I have 15 devices. I can do the same.

Woot got passed that part and added my roku!

It was the 22 devices I had in there I suppose

It’s not the number of devices that was the issue. I had over a hundred and it loaded all of them. There must have been an invalid or null item on one of your devices. Either way I will look into handling this issues better.

Yep its working now. Now to get the amazon echo working with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still stuck. Removed all my devices and re-signed into Plex with everything except my phone. Shows “no devices to connect” in the smartapp. The devices page for Plex now has 7 devices. The devices.xml file shows only one of them as provides=“player” (XBox 360) but its not showing up in the smartapp.

My theory is blown to pieces :slightly_smiling:

Hi, I was able to install this but I am not using RASPlex. Do I need that to control the volume?

This isn’t really my initial creation.
I just tried to lend the experience developing on ST and my love of plex to helping with this app. I honestly haven’t tested everything yet with the device control… All I focused on was re-working the client device creation and removal.

I can’t even get into my app right now. Which is weird… I did just update my Plex Server to latest version though. I will investigate these issues and get back to you shortly

1 Like

No worries man. I really appreciate your help with this!

And again, shoutout to @iBeech for his creation!

Hey all, apologies for not contributing recently. I’ll review everything shortly and provide an update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Appreciate it man! Let me know if you need me to do any testing for you.