[OBSOLETE] Plex Home Theatre Manager SmartApp

That sounds quite long! I see my commands from this device to the Player processed typically in under a second, and responses are processed typically in 1-2 seconds, up to about 4 seconds. What are you using to control things after the Device reports a new change?

As for the second RasPlex not working, You can check if it has unique key/ip/port combination in the devices endpoint from plex.tv if you pass it your X-Plex-Token or you are logged in already. If these look good you can remove the comment at the beginning of lines 329 and 764 to see all of the traffic that occurs in the Live Logging on the IDE. You can paste this data to me in a Private Message here and I can help you see what may be the issue.

I added the missing lines of code to make this compatible with ActionTiles in my GitHub.

1 Like

First post, so go easy on the noob. Does this work with OpenPHT? Running on Windows 7 against PLEX running on Windows 10 on the same subnet.

All seems to setup OK, I see a bunch of hosts listed but playing with the various Command Targets and Timeline Status values available, nothing seems to work.

I canā€™t say that it has been tested for that. However, if it acts as a remote Plex Controller, than I do know that only one can be connected to send commands at a time.

From what I see in this source file, it should work, but there might be a configuration option that you need to set in order to enable this control.

Have you tried the official Plex Media Player App as a possible alternative?

1 Like

Iā€™ll give the Plex Media Player a try - thanks!

I was hoping to be able to use this to trigger a routine when I start playing a Movie. While I can see in the Device that Playback Type has changed to ā€œMovie,ā€ it seems that only TrackData and TrackDescription are available to me in CoRE.

I see that PlaybackType isnā€™t set as an attribute in the DTH, would that be easy to do?

Is there another way to do this?

@ph4r I am using your fork for ActionTiles support, but I am running into this issue when trying to add run through the initial config:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text Bad Request @ line 182

@mbaran5, please message me more logs, and ensure that you have both my SmartApp and Device Type Handler loaded and published. That error message doesnā€™t quite look like it came from my current instance.

For Reference, mine can be located here:

@ph4r I didnā€™t have OAuth turned on. Once I turned it on, everything worked as expected.

1 Like

I watch videos on an Android TV using the Archos app which connects to the Plex server (seen as a UPnP Media Server), which is on a windows 10 machine. So I donā€™t really use a client (or do I?!), and on the windows Plex page it shows video played on ā€œgenericā€. Can I still use this app? Canā€™t I just set the app / events based on what happens on the server, rather than the clients? Thnaks.

Hi,
The Dropbox link is not available any more.
anyone can share the code with the WebHooks integration.

Thanks!

You just need to follow the link 3 posts up :slight_smile:

@diodorus - sorry just seen your post hereā€¦ I donā€™t think that this will work on this app as Iā€™m not sure it appears as a device in Plex, but I think you are already progressing with PlexPlus anywayā€¦

Yes, thanks: I only discovered PlexPlus after I wrote this!

I believe that version is different from the one that was in the Dropbox
that uses WebHooks integration.

That one is not working for me. the dropbox one worked before, now I need
to create the smartapps and device again and donā€™t have the codes anymore
:frowning:

They should be exactly the same, you can see above that @ph4r is linking to this version as the latest and the code does indeed contain my webhooks codeā€¦ however donā€™t forget you need to update Plex with the new ID if you have re-installed the app and if you havenā€™t I would double check it has not changedā€¦

The Dropbox and GitHub of my releases are the same and the latest code. I still use it weekly across both an AppleTV4 and Plex Media Player on a Windows 10 PC. I see that Dropbox changed the format of their public folder links, but since GitHub is up to date Iā€™ll not re-post the Dropbox.

1 Like

Does your version plex casting to chromecast?

I donā€™t have one to test, but I believe that it advertises as a player so it should. If you can control the playback from the Plex App on iOS or Android once you start the media than it should work.

Iā€™d say give it a go and let us know your results? If you have any issues, we can discuss how to send some logs for me to improve itā€™s functionality.

Sorry for the halfway sentence, I am at workā€¦ :blush:

The OP SmartApp does not list chromecasts as a device hence why I ask. It does list my cellphone but when I start plex casting it does not detect that is playing.

Ill try ur version and report back. Thanks!

There is an option to show all in the version in my github which should show it if the regular list does not.