I have created a device handler for the Philio Smart Color Button PSR04.
This is the device: http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-philio-smart-colour-button-gen5
For this first 0.1 version, the capabilities of the handler are:
1. Detect button presses
2. Detect Level when in dimming mode
In the future (if possible) I’d like to expand to:
- Detecting button holds
- Turning the annoying beep on / off
- Timer configuration
- Install in IDE as a new Device Handler
- a) If you have already included your smart button then find it in the devices tab in the IDE, click edit and change the handler to this one from the default one
- b) If you have not included the device then follow the instructions that came with it to include with the hub. Hopefully it will automatically recognise the smart button correctly, but if it does not then just name the smart button and then do step 2a)
- Got to the device in the Smartthings app
- In very quick succession put the smart button into inclusion mode again (follow instructions) and tap the configure button in the device page in the app
The device should be correctly set up. A quick way to check if it has worked is to put the smart button into dimming mode (follow instructions that came with it), and set the dimming to any increment, and see if the device page in the app updates.
Using the Smart Button
Realistically this device handler is only useful in conjunction with a rule maker like CoRE, Rule Machine, or Smart lighting.
Pressing the button will send Smartthings a button 1 pushed event. So you can use that as a trigger.
I personally use CoRE to send the current smart button level to another dimmable light, therefore creating a wall dimmer… (finally!)
Any questions, feel free to ask. device hander here: