[OBSOLETE] OVO Energy (Connect) V2.2.5 (Smart Meter OVO customers)

Hi Tom,

I have now connected up the gateway and its cabled into my router.

Please could you let me know when you can pair it with my smart meters please?

Regards

Lee

Hi @Teld_47

I’d love to try out the gateway, I’m an avid home automation user.
I use Domoticz, MiHome, Philips Hue, LightwaveRF etc.

I have just had my OVO Smart Meters fitted at the beginning of the month, could you please send one out?
My OVO account number is 2527401.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for the Smart Gateway - it arrived this morning :slight_smile:. I’ve plugged it in; could you pair it with my account now? Thanks again!

Ben

Hi @Teld_47,

As above - I’ve also received the gateway, thanks. Could you pair it up so I’m able to see the real time info?

Thanks, James

Tom, i sent you a pm about arranging a smart gateway if possible.

Thanks
Bal

Hi,
Thank you for the smart gateway @Teld_47 . Its all plugged in now and connected to the internet, I understand from the other comments that you may need to pair it up as it is currently showing a red light on the 1st led?

Thanks!

• Matt

Hi Tom @Teld_47,

I have also received the gateway, thank you very much. Could you pair it up so I’m able to see the real time info.

Lights are currently red - green - off - green - off.

Thanks, Paul

Hi @Teld_47 ,

It has now been two weeks and I don’t think it has paired? I have tried turning it off and back on again a few times. The lights in order from left to right are: Red, Green, Off, Green Off. Do I need to do anything to get it working?

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry, I think I missed your last message.

You are all setup now - head to https://paym.ovoenergy.com/usage to see
your live data. Just so that you are aware, the device needs to pick up a
firmware update within the next 24 hours, when this happens the live data
may stop coming through for a while.

Best regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

Did you manage to get my gateway get paired up please?

Regards

Lee Wilkinson

Nice one, thanks!

Tom, can you please send me a gateway? Would appreciate it, My OVO account is 3113289. Thanks!

Hey Tom,

I’m sure your inundated with requests, however could you send me a gateway? What sort of information do you need from me? Thanks!

Hey @Teld_47

I’m looking to get my hands on gateway, im not sure if im too late or if Im asking the wrong chap now. I’m interested in pulling live data from my usage so I can track it with the other IoT devices in my house. I’ve tried using the api for my current smart meter, but it’s not amazing and doesn’t give me any data < 24 hours old.

My ovo account number is : 3134378

I don’t fancy sitting and sniffing zigbee traffic to pull that data so a gateway would be much appreciated.

Hi @Teld_47,

I’m also looking to get my hands on a gateway to pair up with my Ovo smart meter and SmartThings hub. My Ovo account number is OVO-018184. Would you be able to send me one please?

Many thanks in advance if you can!

Hello Tom @Teld_47,

Please can you send me an OVO Smart Gateway, it would be very much appreciated.

Despite my interest in it, I’d put off getting into Smart/HA devices for a while due to the initial costs involved. Now I’ve taken the leap, I’m hoping I haven’t missed the window of opportunity to get everything connected, including OVO energy monitoring.

My OVO account number is 2699256.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Colin

Hello Tom @Teld_47,

Many thanks for the Smart Gateway delivered today. It’s plugged in, looking at the above comments it seems to need pairing, I can’t see an option in my OVO account to do this myself. Lights are || red | green | off | green | off ||. No rush, whenever you get a chance, thanks.
Please let me know if you need additional information from me about the device, like Serial or ‘IC’ number.

Regards,
Colin

Hello Tom @Teld_47,

Have you had a chance to integrate the Smart Gateway with my OVO account yet? The light configuration is the same as before || red | green | off | green | off ||

Many thanks,
Colin

I have set up my Smart Gateway, it’s linked to ST and the meters but I have a strange problem. Every 3 hours I get a few readings of the power consumption for electricity and gas and then nothing for another 3 hours.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Help appreciated,

Simon

I tried deleting the devices and the Smart App and re-installing. Now I just have the Smart App and no meter devices :frowning:

Can anyone help with ideas on how to recreate the devices? I have re-installed a few times now, rebooted my hub but can’t seem to get them back. @Alyc100 - any ideas would be much appreciated.

Simon