[OBSOLETE] OVO Energy (Connect) V2.2.5 (Smart Meter OVO customers)

Hi Graham,

I just want to make clear that the SmartThings integration is not official and has nothing to do with OVO Energy or @Teld_47. It is developed by myself as a hobby in my spare time.

I have not come across the issues you are describing and just want to ask if anyone else in the community is experiencing issues with the latest versions of the OVO Smart App and Device Handler as described by yourself.

Please check if you’re running the latest versions of the smart app (V2.2.5) and device handler (v.2.4.2) which were last updated in January.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your response. Of course, I recognise that you have put in an awful lot of time and effort in providing this unofficial SmartThings integration, and I certainly don’t want to imply that you are working for OVO Energy or are connected with @Teld47. I fully appreciate and am extremely grateful for the smart app, device handling and frequent updating that you have done for the coding within SmartThings community. Credit where credit is due

Without you insight and efforts I suspect that none of us would have got off the ground with exploring or realising the potential of OVO Energy Smart metering, and your other projects

I am indeed running the latest versions of the smart app (V2.2.5) and device handler (V2.4.2), but SmartThings IDE simply has dropped them them from my profile (despite self-publishing and updating) and it is hit and miss that the smart routine runs.

One of the very frustrating things about the whole SmartThings ecosystem is the obvious US bias in their focus and the apparent incapacity to work well or with any pace to integrate with a range of smaller players and manufacturer’s in Europe and elsewhere.

Best wishes

Graham

Hi Graham,

I’ve DM’d you with some questions to see if there is anything in the code that is causing your issues.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Tom,

Meter being installed on Wed 8th March. Could you provide the gateway please? Thanks.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

You should recieve it next week.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Gateway arrived yesterday - huge thanks. I’ve plugged it in and have a red light (1) and two green (2 and 4), nothing new on my ovo - I guess I need pairing up?

Cheers again

Thank you Tom, appreciated.

I now have three green lights and live usage pages have sprung to life on My Ovo :smiley:

Thanks again Tom - will have a play with the API now!

Alex, just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you have put in and sharing to the community. I only discovered this thread this morning. Luckily, I have a gateway from when I had smart meters fitted nearly 2 years ago. Got it up and running in about 5 mins. Also great to see some involvement from OVOEnergy!

Thanks again

Hi Tom, Gateway received thank you.

Smart meter is being installed next Wednesday.

I’ll be in touch as soon as its installed as presume I will need to contact you to pair?

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, yeh just give me a shout. Cheers - Tom

Hi Tom - I’ve been after a Gateway as I’m disappointed with IHD. I was using Loop Energy monitors until I had the OVO smart meters fitted. Now I have lost the ability to use the Loop gas monitor with my new ‘SMART’ gas meter. I have a keen interest in monitoring my energy usage (also running an electric car). If the offer for a Gateway is still available please send me one!

Martin,

Please let me know your OVO account number and I will arrange to get you a
gateway. How long have you had an Electric Vehicle out of interest?

Cheers - Tom

Hi Tom,

OVO Acc 2939151

I’ve had a 30kWh Nissan Leaf since April last year. It’s a great town car - less fun on long journeys where some careful planning of charge stops on route is required.
I’d love a Tesla - but Leafs are much cheaper and very heavily discounted if you shop around. Depreciation is a killer - but it’s your friend if you buy used!
Electric is the future (actually the present if you’re not impulsive and don’t rush around).

Much obliged regarding help obtaining the Gateway!

Cheers… Martin

Hi @Teld_47

I’d love to try out the gateway, could you please send one out? My OVO account number is 2474338.

Thanks,

J-P

I’ve sent you one out J-P, please let me know when you recieve it.

Best regards

Tom

Hi @Teld_47,
I’ve had my smart meter set up today, would it be possible to get hold of one of the gateways? My OVO account is 2649725.

Bit of a disclaimer here; I am looking to get the OVO Energy Gateway working with the open-source platform “Home Assistant”.

Thanks,

• Matt

Hi @Teld_47,

I too am a keen IoT dev and would love to experiment with a gateway. Would it be possible to get one sent out? Account 6023712.

Cheers

Hi Tom, sorry for the delay but I have now connected up the gateway and its cabled into my router. If you wouldn’t mind pairing up when you get a second that would be appreciated. Cheers Lee.

Hi Tom,

Is there any chance you would be able to send me one? I would also be interested in having a quick chat if you have 5 mins? I’ve spent the last 4 months struggling with a CAD I bought! My OVO account number is 3077028.

Many thanks,
Ben