[OBSOLETE] OVO Energy (Connect) V2.2.5 (Smart Meter OVO customers)

@Nifty190 there is no way for me to DM you by the looks of it. Are you happy to share your OVO account ID on here so that I can arrange for a Gateway to be sent?

Hi Tom, I have just had my smart meters installed, do i need different hardware to use gateway or do you just flick a switch on your end. Is gateway just more realtime data, rather then getting the results at midnight for that day?

Thanks Joe

Hi Joseph.

The gateway is an extra bit of hardware that pairs to your smart meters and sends 10s granularity data via your internet connection. If you’d like one, send me a DM with your account number.

Cheers - Tom

Got it! I’ll send you the hardware in the post. Message me when you recieve
it, and I’ll get you setup.

Happy holidays!

Tom

cheers tom have a great xmas

Any plans to do something similar with the British Gas smart meter (zigbee as far as I know)? Many thanks, enjoy the xmas break

I’ve been trying to get a Smart Meter from Ovo since March just for this integration…

Ovo have let me down on many occasions the last time I had to cancel the appointment. Great company just a shame they are a pain at rolling out the Smart meters.

Agreed. I really like OVO as a company so am sticking with them but have been unable to get a smart Meter setup in my area for almost 3 years now. It’s the one part of my smart home yet to be integrated. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Hey tom, that was fast, got the box today, I’m guessing last bit in the instruction doesn’t work anymore and needs you to set something up, anyway both lights are green on the box. Thanks for sorting this, was going to ask, if you activate this will I still get the newer realtime system when that becomes available.

Thanks

Thanks to @Teld_47 for the quick turnaround of the gateway.

And @Alyc100 for the integration. The top 3 tiles are currently NA / - -, does that data take longer to populate?

The rest of it seems to be up and running though, love it.

Yes. Should be populated over the next 24-48 hours as it needs to collect a whole days data first.

Hi Joseph,

I’ve paired the device up to your meter. It will start functioning properly
tomorrow morning. It has to pick up a scheduled firmware update around
midnight first.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,
I’ve just setup smartthings and was hoping to integrate it with my smart meter, are you still able to send out gateways?

thanks

Hi Ian,

Yes, please let me know your OVO account number in a private message.

Cheers - Tom

Hi Tom,
Since I’ve only just joined the forum I don’t seem to be able to post private messages yet? is there any other way I can get this info to you?

thanks

Ian

This stopped working for me, anyone else have an issue?

The Smart Meters stopped showing up in my Things, I went into the App and they had changed to Null, reselected them both but they never appeared in Things.

Removed and Installed from scratch but facing the same issue.

Live Log shows,

Java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘GAS’ on null object @ line 403
Java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘ELECTRICITY’ on null object @ line 403

Hmm, this line is about updating the pricing info from OVO accounts API.

This is still working for me. My only suggestion is making sure you clear all traces of the devices and smart app using the SmartThings web IDE and trying again.

Do you still get live feed information on the OVO website?

Yes, still got the live feed information on the OVO website.

I’ve cleared all devices / smartapps for the IDE and re-installed, same issue.

Ok, updated Smart App to 2.2.4b to try and prevent this null exception. Update this code and let me know if you get any errors within the logs. It might not fix your issue, but i’m hoping it reveals a bit more.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘ELECTRICITY’ on null object @ line 406
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘GAS’ on null object @ line 406

Null Pointer at 406?