[RELEASE] Mode Change Actions - Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.04

• Consolidate notifications when there are multiple notifications per group of devices

If you’re using this SmartApp to monitor/control Valves, please update to this version as the ST (and some community) device handlers aren’t complaint with the specifications, this patch provides a workaround for the issue. This patch also takes into account an upcoming firmware patch for hub firmware release 18.x and is future ready

2 Likes

:star_struck:

Thank You!!!

On another note! - New Android app just updated and FIXES Dynamic Pages! :grin:

2 Likes

@RBoy

Apologies for yet another request but I was wondering how easy it would be to split the Door/Window Section into separate ones, one for Doors and one for Windows. I do appreciate they will both access the same devices of course. I have far more window than door sensors now and it would be great to have the notifications split between them.

I did have a try to do this myself but just could not get it to work properly (still learning)

Thanks again!

@RBoy

I have a sensor on the back patio sliding door. If left open for a period of time I would like to receive a notification. Would this be overkill for that verses writing a simple WebCoRe piston?

This app will notify you if something was left open after a mode change (and take action if possible). If you want a general notification you can use SHM Custom Rules to create a rule to notify you if something was left open for X minutes.

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.05

• Consolidate notifications to improve performance

Also introducing the Routine Backup SmartApp, while this Mode Change SmartApp depends on the mode changing to verify devices states, the Routines Backup SmartApp is triggered when routines are run and does not depend on mode changes.

On popular request

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.08.00

• Added option for spoken audio notifications devices (e.g. Sonos)

Hi there Maddie

Would there be any apetite for adding Central Heating setpoints to this app too please? In our AirBNBs we have four main modes of operation:

• Rooms (when we are renting just rooms)
  • House (when we are renting the whole place)
  • HouseKeeping (when the cleaners are in)
  • Away (when the house is shut down)

We use the app to turn off switches as appropriate and to lock & unlock doors but we also need to control the temperature of the rooms too based upon these modes:

• House PUBLIC AREAS set to 19C. Rooms set to 19C
  • Rooms PUBLIC AREAS set to 19C. Rooms set to 10C (when the guest unlocks via RLA we set that room to 19C and when they lock the room from the keypad back to 10C)

I think you may get what you’re looking for in this Thermostat app that runs on modes. It has a lot more flexibility to define independent settings for individual thermostats or groups of thermostats for each mode.

[RELEASE] Ultimate Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.08.01

• Fix for some settings show blank after saving in the new ST app

Key Features:

• Report and change state these types of devices (turn on/off, open/close etc) individually for each Mode
    • Doors/windows
    • Locks
    • Garage doors
    • Valves
    • Blinds/shades
  • Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
  • Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
    • Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Push notifications
    • SMS multiple numbers
  • Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available

© RBoy Apps

Hi
Is it possible to add a percent close/open for roller shutters ?
For example, When I switch to night mode I want my living room roller shutter to close 100% but my bedroom roller shutter to be 25% close .
Is that possible ?

Mode Change Actions - Version 01.09.00

• Added support for partial opening/closing of window shades (where supported, 1% - 99%)
  • Check for invalid symbols while entering multiple SMS numbers

Key Features:

• Report and change state these types of devices (turn on/off, open/close etc) individually for each Mode
    • Doors/windows
    • Locks
    • Garage doors
    • Valves
    • Blinds/shades (with level setting)
  • Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
  • Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
    • Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Push notifications
    • SMS multiple numbers
  • Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available

© RBoy Apps

1 Like

Mode Change Actions - Version 01.09.01

• Added support for spoken audio notifications with volume control for the new Sonos LAN audio player

Can it trigger the new STHM states as well based on the mode?

Mode Change Actions - Version 01.10.00

• (New) Added support for WiFi garage door openers like Meross

Question: Why does Mode Change Actions never have the options to check Schlage lock-related doors, but only Samsung sensors and Ecolink Title Sensor?

I always found that to be odd.

hbs

It’s working here. Are you saying the locks don’t show up in the list? If so then it’s likely due to an incorrect device handler assigned to the lock.

So I finally figured out how to show an animation (phone screen recording → mp4 → gif)

<scratch that, apparently the gif won’t play>

So yeah, where’s the front door?

Door/windows are contact sensors (open/close).
Locks are devices (below on the page under choose locks) which are lock/unlocked.

Most locks don’t come with contact sensors, only a few like IDLock, Nuki, August pro and Yale with DPS have built in contact sensors.

Did you connect a contact sensor to your door?

Ah. Okay, that makes more sense.

Yeah, I was expecting Schlage to show up on the door option.

My instinctive understanding was that the options were cardinal, such that they were ordered sequentially in terms of importance or override.