[RELEASE] Mode Change Actions - Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change

Any chance you can add notification via voice to a speaker?

thanks

1 Like

Quick question. I love this Smartapp, but when I choose to edit Away or Home, it is still taking me to the Night options. Any idea what’s up with this bug? Reinstalled the code twice from the RBoy Site. Can provide screencaps if needed.

That sounds like a bug with the ST phone app. What phone are you using and
are you on 2.4.0 version of the ST app?

Galaxy Note 4 and Version 2.4. Will try a reboot and check for any phone updates

No dice. Rebooted the phone, relaunched smartthings. No updates needed.

Yep, replicated it, it’s a bug with the 2.4.0 Android app - they broke it AGAIN!

Report it here that Dynamic pages are broken:

###Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.03

• Patch for ST firmware issue in stock valve device handler

If you’re using this SmartApp to monitor/control Valves, please update to this version as the ST (and some community) device handlers aren’t complaint with the specifications, this patch provides a workaround for the issue. This patch also takes into account an upcoming firmware patch for hub firmware release 18.x and is future ready

1 Like

Wondering if its possible to add speaker announcements of the notification?

thanks

1 Like

Seems like 2.4.1 has not fixed the Dynamic Page issue! I have mentioned it in the 2.4.1 thread.

Crazy why they did not fix it tbh! :confused:

1 Like

Yes it’s on our features list for the next release.

I really hope that ST fixes the broken dynamic pages for Android. Folks who haven’t upgraded to ST App 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 Android release, please do NOT upgrade as it breaks the pages.

Hey @RBoy, I assume this bug is known to you as it might be related to the new ST 2.4.1. version ( creating any settings under “When Switching to Mode Away” fall into “OFF mode”…) When do you anticipate an update of this App, please? Sadly, my phone updated to ST 2.4.1. without me even noticing, this App is essential to me. Thank you!

@RadimSvoboda

Without overstepping the mark and answering for @RBoy this is not something that can be fixed in this app. It can only be fixed in the ST App itself. It has been reported and should have been fixed in the last release but they did not bother! Hopefully the next release will see it resolved.

If you have access to a friends iPhone, login to ST from there and make any config changes required, it works fine on iOS.

1 Like

I hope it could potentially be fixed by a tweak in the app to reflect ST firmware change, no… No iPhone anywhere close, everyone seems to have moved to Galaxy…

Nothing is impossible but I think it would involve far too much coding. The issue here is that everyone has different “Modes” setup, they are not static, some people only use the delivered modes whereas other like myself have numerous more hence the need to have to use Dynamic Pages. It would be nice and simple if there was only the delivered ones but unfortunately that is not the case.

Another option you have is to simply google for the release of the app that works (2 versions back I think) on your phone,enable install from external sources and install it, can’t remember but you may have to enable Developer Options also. There are plenty of sites that host old app versions out there. :grinning:

Unfortunately no, it’s a rendering bug. The android mobile app has the bug
(not firmware) and the workaround will not work for this SmartApp.

Please report it to ST support so they can prioritize fixing it. It has
also been marked for fixing by ST just a matter of how many people are
affected and how much they ask to decide when they will fix it.

The technical issue is that dynamic pages href is broken with the 2.4.0 and
2.4.1 releases of the ST Android app. Interesting it used to work fine in
the 2.4.0 beta version of the android app that was released to the
developers and between the BETA and final release they broke it. So it
should be an easy fix.

I did report that via the App’s email support feature today as well… Will see.

1 Like

Ticket opened

1 Like

Sorry for acting like a Noob but…
I would like to help participate in getting this app bug fixed. How and where do I notify ST for this to be a priority exactly?

Normally emailing ST support. Looping in @Brad_ST and @slagle to suggest the appropriate way to address this.

Thank you.
I just didn’t know exactly what to put in the “Subject” field and in the “How can we help” field.
I think if we all say the same thing it will have more of an impact.