[RELEASE] OmniThing v0.8.2 - ESP8266/ESP32/RaspberryPi/Linux/Windows - A cross-platform successor to ST_Anything - Web-based Configuration Tool

Hi Daniel,

Apologies - stuck again… I used to be able to code, but back in the VB days, so the question I’m asking is probably really stupid…
I’m attempting to compile on Windows. I have Visual Studio installed with CMake. I’ve checked out the code from GitHub, but I can’t work out how to compile…
This is likely down to the fact that I don’t know how to use Visual Studio or CMake - Apologies.
On opening I had one error in the error list window:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CMake Error at C:\Users\james.heath\Source\Repos\OmniThing\CMakeLists.txt:2 (project):
Generator

Visual Studio 15 2017

could not find any instance of Visual Studio. OmniThing C:\Users\james.heath\Source\Repos\OmniThing\CMakeLists.txt 2

And the Install & Compile options under the Build menu are greyed out.

Aha -
It looks like if you download VS now, it downloads VS 2019.
You’ve specified the generator in “CMakeSettings.json” - if I delete that, it remakes it correctly and seemed to compile, or at least gets further…

I do get this error though:

1> [CMake] CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
1> [CMake] Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
1> [CMake] ws2_32_LIBRARY_PATH
1> [CMake] linked by target “OmniThing” in directory C:/Users/james.heath/source/repos/OmniThing

So I’m still getting something wrong…

EDIT: I’ve done a bit more digging.
The command " find_library(ws2_32_LIBRARY_PATH ws2_32)"
appears to be failing to find ws2_32.lib
However these do exist in various forms under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib”

I’m stumped & a bit out of my depth!!

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.