RBoy Apps is now an official partner of Monoprice.
This Device Handler is for the Monoprice Door/Window Sensor (Recessed, Mounted, Mailbox) (15268 / 15270 / 24259).
These Sensors are Z-Wave plus devices that mount to a door, window or mailbox, detects when it is opened or closed. It also has a tamper-proof switch, which will trigger a Z-Wave signal when the sensor’s cap is removed. The Mounted Sensor also has an option for external triggers which can be wired to the device.
This device handler supports the Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus devices. Support has also been added for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification. Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.
The recessed sensor can be bought from Monoprice here for about $18 - $24
The mounted sensor can be bought from Monoprice here for about $18 - $24
The Z-Wave Plus sensor can be bought from Monoprice here for about $18 - $24
We’ve worked with Monoprice create a special deal just for the SmartThings community:
15% of all Monoprice products with RBoy Apps Device Handlers
- Click here to visit the Monoprice website
- Use the code
- Monoprice offers FREE standard shipping in the US.
Enjoy, this code expires Dec 31. This is a stacked promotion code, i.e. it can be used in addition to with other discounts/sales from Monoprice
This device handler supports the following features:
- Reading the following sensors
- Designed UI using the latest ST multiTiles with a clean view
- Ability to configure the following parameters:
- External wired sensor (N/O and N/C sensors)
- Support for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification
- Ability to request a manual update for the sensors and configuration (this is a delayed update at the next wake up)
- Easy to use configuration page with detailed explanations for all the parameters
Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.
Using an External Trigger with the Mounted Sensor
- The sensor can be configured to use an external sensor device/trigger
- Attach the N/O (normally open) external sensor wires to the external switch connection on the sensor
- To use a normally closed external sensor, enable the
External wired sensor is N/Coption in the device preferences page
- To use a normally closed external sensor, enable the
- You will need to make a small hole on the side of the unit next to the external sensor plug using a drill to allow the wires to pass into the unit.
- Connect the external trigger wires to the external sensor plug in the unit
- Once the external sensor wires are attached, you MUST tape the supplied magnet to the unit (otherwise the external trigger won’t work)
- Make sure you’ve installed the device handler for the device, open the ST mobile app, open your device, click on the preferences gear icon on the top right corner of the screen and then Enable the external trigger option. Click Done.
- Finally you need to open and close the device cover once for the settings to take effect, do NOT forget this step
- After the configuration/preferences are updated, for the settings to take effect immediate, open and close the cover of the device
- To request the manual update, please press the “Request Update” button, however this is a DELAYED update. The motion sensor is mostly in sleep mode to preserve battery. The next time it wakes up (every 6 hours or as configured), if the user had requested a manual update, it will fetch the latest sensor status, battery and also update the configuration.
- To force an immediate update for all configured settings, press the “Request Update” button and then open and close the cover of the device. This forces the motion sensor to wake up and process the manual update request.
- To force a sensor/battery status update just press the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor)
Low Battery: If your battery below 20% consider replacing it. The device may stop sending updates if the battery falls below this level. So you won’t know if you battery has run out, the motion/no motion sensors / temperature sensor may get stuck as well and you may receive no updates.
Battery Update After Installation: Open the device cover and press the program button for 5 seconds and release until red light comes on and then wait upto 20 seconds for battery to update.
More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.
INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.
- Bring device within 5 of hub
- To pair the device, Select Add New Device from the MarketPlace on your ST phone app
- The light should be flashing, if not then press the program button for 5 seconds and release it, now it should be flashing red
- If the light is solid red, if not then you need to exclude it first (see below)
- Press program button for about 1 second and leave it
- It should complete pairing within 30 seconds and the light should go solid
- After pairing is complete, press the program button for 5 seconds and release until red light comes on and then wait upto 20 seconds for battery to update.
EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won’t pair up again until you exclude it.
- Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE -> My Hub -> View Utilities -> Z-Wave Exclude.
- Bring device within 5 ft of hub
- Put hub into exclusion mode
- The light should be solid red, if not then press the button for 5 seconds and release it, now it should be solid red
- Press the button for 1 second and leave it
- When the exclusion is successful the light start flashing
15268 / 15270 : Remove the cover and open/close the door/window 10 times within 10 seconds (or you can swipe the magnet past the sensor 10 times within 10 seconds)
24259 : Press and hold the Z-button for 20 seconds, the lights will flashing after about 5 seconds, keep holding it until the lights stop flashing