[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Good suggestion. I just did that and it still doesn’t appear in My Apps. It does show the Nest App that I published two weeks ago. Could there be a conflict between those two apps that’s preventing the Blink Camera App from appearing on My Apps?

Are you logged into the right shard?

1 Like

I was not. That was the problem. Thanks so much for the help John!

Best Regards,
Mike Nobles
Manager, LV Systems Pricing
Tel: +1 770 326-2141
Mobile: +1 678 294-2363
Fax: +1 678 297-7244
michael.nobles@siemens.commailto:michael.nobles@siemens.com

1 Like

I’m having the same error. I have updated the smartapp and device handler per the update instructions but am still getting the error. I removed the cameras, removed the smartapp and have tried to re-add it. It add the smartapp back no but I still get the errors and now the cameras wont load into SmartThings. Any ideas?

I can’t log in through the smart app. It keeps saying my credentials are wrong. Also, it adds characters to my password when I hit enter. Anyone else?

I only published it once and it’s showing up four times.

Publishing is different from installation, looks like you’ve installed it multiple times from the My Apps section. Delete them all and make sure you only install it once from My Apps otherwise they will conflict with each other.

1 Like

Is there a code for 2017 to get a discount?

1 Like

This question has likely been answered already but this thread is so huge now… is it possible to use the Blink cameras strictly as motion sensors, without them sending videoclips when motion is detected? The use case is that I want to have the Blink cameras act as motion sensors also at night, when the SHM is in armed but in ‘Home’ mode. This way I can for instance automatically disable SHM in the morning as we wake up (i.e. ‘when things start happening’), as I do currently with the ST motion sensor. Obviously I don’t need Blink to send me a notification with a videoclip when that happens.

I’m guessing the response is going to be ‘no’, but just to be sure :slight_smile:

Your guess is correct. The best you can do is reduce the video length to one second.

Please contact Blink support and request this feature.

1 Like

I have been reading up on the Blink API disconnect, does this “official” version still work to allow smartthings to arm and disarm based on proximity sensors?

Regards,

Matthew

I installed the DH and app yesterday and it is working for me.

Excellent, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Is there a way to get a core piston using this app to both take a picture and download it to a phones memory? Side note how many pictures can be stored with smartthings?

When I had just finally decided on the Blink, reading through this thread, the fact that RBoy’s integration is under question by the Blink is deeply concerning. Not in regards to RBoy’s work but the fact that Blink doesn’t seem to be taking this as seriously as they should.

The phrase “s**t or get off the potty” springs to mind, either make the integration official and work with RBoy to make sure it’s never cut off from their servers or stop benefitting from the sales of Blink through RBoy. Flat out, I’m not buying Blink until they make it official and it’s not considered “temporary”.

If it’s ever made official, I hope they give the RBoy 10% discount back just so they know how much he’s selling!

5 Likes

@RBoy With all the changes in the past month, is the OP still accurate for your integration today?

Yes, all good and working. We’re still working with them and ST on the native integration roadmap until then this is the goto option for SmartThings.

Anything we can to to encourage Blink to commit to either your DH and app, or an official integration?

1 Like

This community is awesome and I think Blink has heard everyone. There is no issue with the app and they’re pretty cool with it. It’s other things we’re trying to figure out on the best way forward (for everyone). For now they’re committed to this.

4 Likes

Would be nice if they are committed as you say that they re-instate their recommendation for this app on smartthings. They’ve removed the quote you have on the OP and instead state:

Does Blink integrate with other Smart Home platforms and devices?
Our initial Blink product won’t offer this functionality, but it’s a feature we know is important to many of our backers and customers. We want to make Blink as user-friendly as possible, including integration with other Smart Home products down the road. Blink does currently integrate Amazon Alexa enabled devices through the “Blink for Home” skill found in your Amazon Alexa app.

Obviously this is all on them, but don’t they realise stating this scares away potential customers?