[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Which country are you in?

Norway. I know that @cscheiene got it working from up in cold north thoug :slight_smile:

Will try a full reinstall and oauth when i come home tonight.
@ airport now

1 Like

Double check the version numbers when you do

2017-1-12 (v5.4.0)
2017-1-12 - (v5.8.0)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it out. Then in again.
Oauth and there she was.

Thx

1 Like

Got this just now from Blink. How “temporary” is this?

"The Blink Team replied:
As you may have read on the SmartThings Forum we have decided to temporarily continue support for the latest version of the “RBoy” 3rd party integration while we investigate sustainable & secure alternatives for the SmartThings community using Blink. We intend to have an update within the next few weeks.

For all information and questions on this integration, please refer to:

We are actively looking for feedback on how to improve our IFTTT service. If you have any feature suggestions on how this could help you, please let us know.

Best,
The Blink Team"

1 Like

Same here.

EDIT: @RBoy So how stable is this? While there seems to have been progress and a reprieve, using words like temporary doesn’t instill confidence. Just curious.

Also, they keep asking for suggestions with IFTTT. I thought that was made clear, allow arming and disarming of individual cameras along with motion.

Sounds like they are trying to work on a Native solution. However, RBoy’s SA is perfect.

Only suggestions I would have for Blink are as follows:

1. Allow for motion without recording video to reduce the amount of video recorded on their servers.
  2. Allow for local storage of video to reduce the amount of video recorded on their servers.
  3. Allow longer retrigger times, up to 3 minutes, to to reduce the amount of hits on their servers.
  4. Allow which notifications are pushed.

The IFTTT channel is not a suitable replacement for RBoy’s DH and SA.

CoRE could update their app to allow the video to be set longer than 10 seconds.

Anything outside of these would be bonuses for me.

The plan is to let this SA/DH continue until we sumit a native version for ST certification

2 Likes

Good. Thank you. I wish they would say that, instead of referring to it as a temporary solution.

I just updated to the latest version and when I look at the Blink Smart App in my ST app it says the correct version (5.08.00). When I look at one of my cameras under My Home -> Things and go to the settings it says the old version, 5.04.00.

Did I not update properly, or is this correct?

Thanks!

Things show the DH version the SmartApp shows the SA version. You’re fine on both.

Thanks, really appreciate the work you’ve put into this. Also the actions taken to keep it from being disabled. I just got my first two Blink cameras recently and plan to add more to my ecosystem, but without your app and support within ST I would have reconsidered that.

2 Likes

THIS. I schedule alarms so I don’t get annoyed with having to maintain it

@RBoy Just got everything installed and working with ST.

A few questions:

1. Can the cameras all be shown together in a grid view or one one screen like the Blink app?

2. When I bring up a camera in ST, it shows a black live video feed box with a play button in the middle where I can select it and play a live feed (albeit slowly) . Is there a way for it to grab a fresh image of the current camera view when I click on camera in “my home” on ST? This was one of my biggest gripes with the Blink app. I’d like a fresh image when I go to view my camera without having to manually hit a button to update.

*Lifetime subscription purchased today thanks to your work around here!

1. Would love it but ST doesn’t allow dynamic tiles yet. Something we have requested
  2. Again ST limitation can’t execute actions on opening a device. There may be other ways to periodically update the image but something I would need to discuss with Blink considering the additional load on the server.
1 Like

So what are the barriers to making this an official smartthings smart app?

1 Like

I am glad to hear a native app is in the works but I am quite skeptical of how realistic and how long that will take.

I emailed support and also was asked for feedback on IFTTT so clearly that is there main focus and there is limited excitement over that possiblity. Ideally we all would want a native app that is feature rich and builds upon features already available in 3rd party smart apps that have been developed by the community.

For all of those that are cheering that “It works!” I think it’s a bit to early to celebrate. You shouldn’t be that accepting to a less than ideal situation and outlook.

Just received an email from the Blink team and I’m happy they changed their minds. Thanks for all your work RBoy.

1 Like